• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Dr Who - Season 30 (4) [SPOILERS]

Just rewatching... Harriet Jones was EXTREMELY agitated when someone suggested using the Osterhagen Key (BTW Osterhagen is an anagram of "Earth's Gone").

It was almost as if she knows what it does and it runs conrtadictory to her own machinations. I get the feeling what happened to her was not everything it seems. Or at the very least she wasn't letting on something very important that she knew.

We only have half the pieces... we don't even know who or what is inside the Supreme Dalek... and is the paint job a clue with regard to who it is? Weren't the timelords dressed in red and gold in the flashbacks from last series? Could that possibly be the Master?

I've had over 150 hits on my blog since last night.

Oh... and isn't the church the TARDIS is parked outside.... the same one that Rose's Dad got killed outside?

Last edited:
With all the alien technology that Gwen and Inanto had at their disposal at Torchwood the best that they could come up to fight the Daleks with was standard weapons? C'mon Torchwood where are the Particle beam weapons? Oh Sorry Jack the one good weapon they had? that is so lame. With unit past experience how is that never came up with more effective arms for their troop then standard weapons? Courtest of their association with the Doctor they don't know anything about the Daleks ?

Things like this make no sense to me, wouldn't you have standard issue weapons that could deal with alien threats .

Last edited:
Things like this make no sense to me, wouldn't you have standard issue weapons that could deal with alien threats .

The whole concept of "alien" is that they are not standard... they are foreign to us and to one another... so how can you have a standard issue weapon for them all? Weapons that work for one creature may be completely ineffective with another species.

Torchwood didn't have time to deploy their big beam weapon as used in The Christmas Invasion.

Gwe and Ianto didn't have time to swat up on the Daleks and probably grabbed the nearest weapons to hand.

I seem to reacall in the old series that Unit had had some interaction and knowledge of the Daleks courtesy of the doctor, One would thing that with previous experienced against the daleks unit would have come up with weapons that were effective in dealing wiith them. In the poisoned sky unit came up with way of dealing with the Sontarans Quraterlain field? which could render non functional earth based fire arms.

That was cleaver poy on the part o Harreit Jones to lure the Doctor back to Earth and I suspect into the clutches of the Daleks and flush out all allies of the Doctor., Thats what it looked like to me anyways.

The big weapons were probably destroyed along with Torchwood one.

People on LJ have been theorising that Harriet Jones was holding up psycic paper. Also, I wasn't the only one that heard the Master's rythmn when they started phoning the Doctor.

Other thoughts without watching it again;

Harriet Jones said the communications network was developed by the Mister Copper Foundation. Was that the Copper from Voyage of the Dammed?

Loved how the Daleks said "We know who you are," to Harriet Jones.

When the Doctor went to the Shadow Proclomation, absolutely loved the Doctor speaking Judoon. But if the Tardis translates everything, why didn't it translate that? Or is it some ceremonial thing and can't be translated?

Where did Rose come from? and where did she get that big gun? She was working with UNIT in the alternative timeline, but that now doesn't exist. Who was she talking to on the phone asking for a transport just before she beamed?

Am I really bad? When the Doctor and Rose were running towards each other, I shouted at the TV, "Come on Daleks, shoot Rose!"

What else? Ianto getting jealous; Jack flirting with everyone again, errrrr.....

Not sure what else. Roll on next Saturday.

Though i have some minor issues I did like the episode, I think I know why jack is going to be leaving Torchwood I suspect Its to do with what happened to both Ianto and Gwen. If he had stayed around another second or two he might have been able to save them.

One thing bugging me, If a group like the Daleks invaded, at the hands of of the combined military of Earth, they would have suffered massive casualties , Small side and and Machine guns might not have been effective, But for example I like to see a troop of Daleks try intimidating a whole Abrams tank division and Manchester tanks or a troop of soldiers armed with bazookas or rocket launchers or fragmentation grenades or napalm flame throwers or napalm bombs,. How about against Apache helicopters and Cobra Gunships gattling machine guns and rockets those forcefields would not be effective and neither would the Daleks armor casing. Lets not for the air force and tactical nukes The Daleks might win in the end but it would very costly victory for them.

Last edited:
Daleks seemed to win, and in 10 minutes as well !!

Was good fun. Enjoyed seeing every single plot element of the past four years brought up. I guess all the remaining elements will be touched on next week. Who was Davro's dark master, whom he asked for sub-space communication access ? I wonder indeed...

Osterhagen Key was a nice concept, I suspect it is a lot of sequenced DNA that could be used to restart humanity and our eco-system somewhere... Although Martha sticking it down her top was not really showing it enough respect.

Damn, Martha is fine.

I think Harriet Jones is honestly dead though, and the rumors about her were misleading. Someone else is the Dalek Supreme, but who ? Who has a hatred of the Dr ? Queen Elizabeth the first ?

It was terrificelly silly !!

The master perhaps? the Red Dalek being the master is not out of the question. It's possible that the Harriet Jones storyline could be a red Herring? I'm not sur on this one.

Last edited:
Could be a cunning bluff but having missed DW Confidential, I got a tip off about something in it and checked it out in BBCI Player.

Sylvester McCoy appears very briefly and for some reason... he is in costume... not JNT question mark mania... more in line with the telemovie. But for whatever reason... he was wearing a Doctoresque costume.

Darn you really get the impression the Beeb are playing us all with masterful games of smoke and mirrors.

RTD is loving it. So far, about half the rumors I have heard on either the net or in the press have been lies. Some may yet be true. Either way, its kick-ass cool stuff.

MAXIMUM EXTERMINATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darth have you heard this one?

Spoiler for Doctor Who Plot Rumout:
The hand triggers a botched regeneration and splits the Doctor into two Tennants... one possibly half human. Whovian spies have been snapping scenes being shot including at "Bad Wolf Bay" and Tennant has been seen dressed in two different costumes for the same episode. I've also read rumoured dialogue from the epilogue which corresponds to what has been said in an article with one of the writers.

Either way, this is probably going to be completely off the scale and fantasmagorical!

Why are people assuming RTD is going to wrap up his plotlines next week... isn't he involved in the four specials?

I reckon they are going to use the limited number of special episodes next year as an opportunity and wrap up the RTD era with something really big.

Galahad what if it's both Harriet Jones and the Master inside the Red Dalek casing . Remember at the end of season 3 iin which the doctor cremated the Masters remains? Well it show a hand picking up the masters Ring, What if the Master gained possession of Harriet Jones's body? thats one possibility. i know we saw here aiding Torchwood , The Doctor Sarah Jane ec tbut i don't trust that at all.

She did seem a bit shfity. And we never saw her die.

Yeah, I heard that one Galahad. It could only be more awesome if one of ther Dr's had a goatee and they had a fight.

Or if Russell T Davies has a sudden attack of JohnNathanTurneritis... they could have a fight in a scrapyard, the good one strangling the bad one who disappears into thin air. Then the good Doctor pulls open his shirt to reveal a big red ? on his chest.

God forbid that ever happen!

Yeah, I always felt like it was the whiter than white Superwimp that should have disappeared and dark, moody Superman stuck around. Even Superman IV might have been worth watching if he had.

:D

Well if this is a bluff... if the regeneration does become something else, that'll be a relief... because some of the names they are hinting at.. are just wrong:

James Nesbitt pretty much plays James Nesbitt a lot of the time.

Daniel Radcliffe???? Seriously?? GET A LIFE!!!! The Doctor shouldn't be pubescent it's just wrong. I think this is highly unlikely, but if it were the case... I might actually walk out on the show... and I think most of the core audience would be equally offended.

I'm sticking with the non standard regeneration posse.

Catherine Tate said that she's allowed to say that at the moment he is definitely regenerating... so that rules out some of the Davros tinkering theories. Less than 24 hours to go thank goodness!

Back