• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Farscape

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

They just could'nt leave them in peace, instead they had to leave us in angst. The alien was told to neutralize and retrive for study, and they have been turned into stautes before......Just wishfull thinking, but they had to have left it open ended for a reason....I hope.

Yeah that ticked me off too... I hope it wasn't the real ending to the show but it probably was. :(

What, that all SciFi execs die and actual Sci Fi fans take their places? (extremely wishful thinking...)

Frelling ASSHOLES!!!

I don't lnow about you guys, but I haven't felt like this since SIL aired...

Well, they finished filming Season 4 BEFORE the announcement was made of the cancellation, so that's why there's a big, fat TO BE CONTINUED plastered on the end... Because it WAS meant to be continued.

And... I don't know. I feel quite angry with Sci-Fi for this, even moreso now that I've been able to SEE the final episode. And that little "thanks" message at the end with Sci-Fi thanking them and blah blah blah.... To put my reaction in an understandable, yet incredibly stupid way: OMGWTF!!!11 Oh yes, they were HAPPY to have Farscape as long as it was drawing in viewers and whatnot, but as soon as it failed to grow beyond it's core fanbase (thanks to their lovely decision to move it AFTER SG-1 with the hopes of leading into it....) they kick it to the curb. If I was on the show, even IF I figured "hey, we got THIS far, so no HUGE deal," I'd still be fuming. I mean, this is essentially like taking a novel, ripping the final 5th out, and then handing it to someone to read and then comment on. They'll obviously become a bit irked when they realise that there's no definitive ending.

All that aside, Farscape DID manage to last for a relatively long period of time, considering the state of TV these days, with its "use and dispose of" mentality. Fah. Fah, I say. Fah.

ANYWAYS, it was a good ep, with a great cliffhanger that will most likely not see any closure for some time. I applaud the efforts of cast and crew alike. It HAS been a great four years.

One more thing: My anger could be misplaced, but I now wish a speedy, yet painful death upon all at Sci-Fi for this little travesty.

Well... one more thing. Was anyone else peeved by those annoying Scare Tactics ads that kept popping up everytime they returned from a commerical break?

*shakes his head*

"to be continued" is... well a tease.

They did have a few days, and they did film a "few sceness". And it does say at the beginning that it's the final Farscape. But they put "to be continued" in defiance I think. That the franchise would go on some how.

I think it ruined the ending... they should have left it off.

Well, they finished filming Season 4 BEFORE the announcement was made of the cancellation, so that's why there's a big, fat TO BE CONTINUED plastered on the end... Because it WAS meant to be continued.

Actually, I think they were notified of the cancellation before the last couple episodes were filmed, and it was their choice to end with a cliffhanger. If they would have just left off the last couple minutes, it could have been an ending.

That said, almost all the people at alt.tv.farscape think that the endind they got was the best thing since sliced bread. Personally, I could have done without the last two minutes.

Three days before it ended. So the story couldn't have been changed much... but they didn't need to put TBC. I think it's a defiance.

Why are there two Farscape threads?

Anyhow, I still can't quite get my mind around the Sci-Fi channel's decison about Farscape. I heard that the show "Friends" is coming back next season and that the station expects to lose money on it.

Why would they do that? Because they are counting on "Friends" being a powerful lead-in to other shows for that night (mostly the one that will directly follow it, I imagine).

"Farscape" was the Sci-Fi channel's brainchild. It put the channel on the map, so to speak.

I was astonished when I heard of its canecllation. For the prestige alone I would have thought they would have kept it. :confused:

I think it's a defiance.

That's what I thought instantly. It was plainly a supersized "F*ck You SciFi" right before the halfassed thanks-for-watching BS tagged on at the end.

And they DID know. The end of the show was rewritten while it was being taped. And they decided not to go down without a fight. You can tell those people love their show and want more than anything to continue telling their story.

And I would just like to thank SF for airing the DUNE movie before the end of Farscape, so I won't have to hold on to my expanded cable package any longer. Tremors, my ass.

:mad:

That's what I thought instantly. It was plainly a supersized "F*ck You SciFi" right before the halfassed thanks-for-watching BS tagged on at the end.
Hmm, mabey another station could pick up the rights, and hopefully piss off scifi in the process.....

Look at the bright side... we get to see the father from "Family Ties" fighting some big ass worms next week!
What the hell are these people thinking?

Well, Sci-Fi would have to give them UP first, although I'm unclear as to their intentions. Knowing them, they'll hang on to it like the jack@sses they want to portray themselves as.

Oh, so Sci-Fi might get to do a TNT, rerun it for all it's worth and let nobody else continue it with new episodes? :rolleyes:

Anyhow, I still can't quite get my mind around the Sci-Fi channel's decison about Farscape.

It was purely about money. There were 3 producers of the show. One dropped out. The third could not increase their contribution, which would have left SciFi picking up the rest of the tab. They could not afford it. They would have paid far more per episode than they would have received in advertising revenue.

Just how much would it cost ?
Too bad we could have not set up something that would take controbutions from Farscape fans to make up for the deflict....And I know, wishful thinking agian...

Farscape was quite expensive to make. I can't remember exactly, but it was something like 1/2 million short per episode.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back