• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

ARG!

I never, EVER loan out originals.
Not even to cute girls? Ut oh ... You know, I really need to get my original recordings of "Crusade" back sometime ... at least she's pretty safe with VHS - she has a good hundred or more of other series she's taped to keep so I trust her. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

However, my best friend ran into a bad problem when he loaned out his B5 tapes to another friend. A tape ended up getting sold at a garage sale because no one checked if there was one in the machine when the VCR was sold! Another tape went missing somehow too. At least my best friend was payed back with comercial tapes of the missing episodes. I guess the borrower felt bad for loosing the tapes ... and possibly for dating my friend's ex ... I just think he's lucky my best friend didn't kill him after that summer. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

(P.S. This didn't seem to post itself the first time ... instead I wound up in another thread in another forum....)

I found that at the vcdhelp.com site he posted.
He? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

As for loaning out tapes... I loaned my Crusade originals to a B5-liking friend, and got them back without any problems (not that I've actually checked all of them afterwards...). I couldn't loan out a copy even if I wanted to, I just don't have any way to make a VHS copy.

But I wouldn't loan any of my tapes (or CDs or books) to people I didn't absolutely trust.

<font color="yellow"> Originally posted by Loadhan: </font color>
Not even to cute girls?

No. I've known cute girls who store tapes face up (instead of like a book on a shelf), AND on top of their stereo speakers. Hmm, guess what's in speakers? MAGNETS. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Never loan your originals to anybody, not even ME.

KoshN : There's somebody on the Yahoo Babylon 5 Crusade group that can't stand Gideon but has only tapes 2 & 3. I'm trying to convince the person to watch the rest of the tapes and give Gideon more of a chance.
<splutter, cough, outraged choking> Can't stand Gideon???!!!! I'd give up on them, as they obviously have absolutely no taste! /forums/images/graemlins/devil.gif

I see Kribu answered your question. There are a couple of these tapes for sale on e-bay at the moment.

LightNZ : over here in NZ 1.06 had "The Memory Of War" and "Visitors From Down The Street" and "Each Night I Dream Of Home" no need to buy 1.07 hehe

In the UK, you got a voucher with each of the first 6 tapes, which you could send in a get the last tape free.

Just for Demon (seeing how much she'll sputter, /forums/images/graemlins/devil.gif) :

Remember, this is what somebody else is saying, not me. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Crusade on the other hand, some reason i only heard of it after it had been cancelled. I luckly found two VHS tapes in a cash converters, so i quickly crabed them, letting my friend know that it is a spin off of B5, but when i watched them (the 2nd and 3rd tapes) the captain in it drove my to despise whenever he came on, so i had to ff the tape to good bits, but of course there isn't any good bits on the episodes that i've got, so anything about crusade i've got to say wount be good, i feel it was a descrace to Babylon 5 series, a good idea base, yes B5 can live, but the actors and storyines frelling dren!

we havn't got legend of the rangers yet in the UK, but i really want to see it, but i feel it will not be a fav, no sheriden to kill things with stratigic planing. but rangers are cool, i love it when they say "we are rangers, we live for the one, we die for the one"

i really didn't like Gideon even the slightest, i dont really want him on my tv, LOL well i will look out for some more tapes, i want garabuldi to be the captain, that would be cool :-D, see he love blowing things up /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/devil.gif /forums/images/graemlins/devil.gif /forums/images/graemlins/devil.gif "Hee. Hee."

Ha! Having read that, the writer is obviously illiterate and their opinion so ill-expressed that it is worthless! /forums/images/graemlins/devil.gif

<Demon tips her nose in the air, spins on her heel and stalks off muttering and spluttering some more>
/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I am sooooo bad. /forums/images/graemlins/devil.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

So Gideon's main fault was that he didn't blow things up all the time? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

And of course, if your friend loves the Rangers motto, then he should love TLaDiS... there's plenty of "live for the one, die for the one" there. /forums/images/graemlins/devil.gif

So Gideon's main fault was that he didn't blow things up all the time?
Which is hardly fair, as the Captain loves to play with his main gun /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Oops, wrong forum! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

<font color="yellow"> Originally posted by Kribu: </font color>
And of course, if your friend loves the Rangers motto, then he should love TLaDiS... there's plenty of "live for the one, die for the one" there. /forums/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Yes, I suspect he's in for a rude awakening with the Rangers pilot. Not the "Marcus"-style Rangers he's expecting. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Which is hardly fair, as the Captain loves to play with his main gun Oops, wrong forum!
/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

That main gun(the real gun) was sweet!

Elizar, your signature is kinda funny. Dunno why... but it has really something in it. And Kribu: Those episodes that were aired on finnish TV were OK to me, only those nasty subtitles are a very very big minus on them. I always prefer all films/series without subtitles if poosible. And that's why I love DVD's.

I didn't mind the subtitles, actually. I suppose I'm so used to them that I don't really even see them, even if I'm reading them.

Plus since the show was on quite late, from what I remember, I had to keep the volume down (because of neighbours and all that) - in such case, having subtitles definitely helps!

Thankyou. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm almost through my Crusade rotation already... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Kribu: I still remember when B5 aired on sunday.. Those coupla seasons.. They were always the last program on TV2 and sometimes it started 03.00 or something like that. I can still remember those schooldays after a 3 hour sleep. Luckily I always used headphones. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Anyone with enough taste to enjoy B5 should be automatically given a free VCR. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Ahh, but even when taping, I wanted to see each new episode *right away*, as soon as possible! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Especially after having had to wait a week for it!

The few occasions I taped and then watched it another day were the times I really just couldn't stay up that late for any reason.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back