• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Sleeping in the light - Did you cry?

I didn't cry during the show but became misty eyed. I just purchase the SiL musical score on CD and listened to it on the way to work. I became more than just misty eyed while driving on the highway. While listening to the music you can picture in your mind where certain thing are happening and when it came to the music when the station blows up. Well lets just say that I nearly had to pull off to the side of the road. :(

Yes.
And I do every time I watch the episode ... to this day.
It gets me every single time when Sheridan and Delenn are saying their final goodbyes and they finally make contact. When she crumbles into his arms and the music hits I start to tear up.
When Vir starts in about Londo and the PakMarah I get choked up and tear up when he says that he misses him.
The waterworks really begin when the station is destroyed. It's a bitter realization that he series is over and the tie-in between Sheridan and the station is poetic ... their fate being linked strikes resoundingly with my inner humanity and that very personal distress at death I feel and the end of things that matter. The final tears come when Ivanova mentions that Delenn would wake early each day to watch the sun rise. I'm a sentimentalist and a romantic and the very idea of that strikes at the very core of my being.
I attribute this to the emotional investment that I put into the characters ... five years of watching them survive ... and some ultimately die. The scope of the series and the life that JMS breathed into it is nothing short of phenomenal and that also weighs in when I watch that final episode.
I have since shared the series with over ten people. People who had not watched when the series was on the air. Not one of them was dry eyed during that episode.

Yep, I cryed the first time.

Funny thing is that last time I watched SiL was when "we" (my friends and I) where doing a B5 marathon just after year 5 came out on DVD. None of my other friends had seen the last episode before, so I was the only one ready.

As "we" got to the part where Sheridan says good by to Delenn, one of my friends said "Ugh, I am not going to cry over a TV show!" of course he and every one but me was boo hooin'.

I was sittin' there kind of chuckling to myself thinking, "suckers" :LOL: .

Final episode of episode 5, did you cry?

Cry, as in sobbing, like Londo did when he found Adira had been murdered (in "Interludes and Examinations")? ...no, I haven't done that since I was about 5 years old. However, I tear up (like Sheridan did in SiL), the first time, and every time I watch SiL (and at other places in B5, e.g. when Delenn rides in with the Minbari cruisers and saves the day in "Severed Dreams.").

Uh.. no, no crying, 'cause I'm a grown man. But my sister is 18 and watching the series. We're starting season 3 this week. She sobbed profusely during Zahn's death in Farscape. I'll report back if she breaks down in SiL. However, I'm guessing she won't. My prediction: she cries when Marcus dies.

Me Hell yeah,After the first time I can hold my self together untill about the end but as soon as it hits delenn at the end watching the sunrise its tear time. It would have to be the most heart moving piece of TV I have ever seen, the music the script everthing just makes it an episode i will never forget.
I like most guys have trouble letting out feelings so when I need some healthy stress release I watch SIL.

Absolutely sob my eyes out every single time.I dread coming to that episode. Its agony. Those characters have become a part of me, and to see my beloved station torn apart like that...HOW COULD THEY? That "navigation hazard" thing is absolute nonsense! That Station saved Earth's behind a dozen times over and they trash it. It could at least have been "sunk" with the honour it deserved. And that music...kills me every time. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Valen go with you all

(and yes, i know i'm completely obsessed)

Yes the eyes teared. I was one of the ones who came in late. Watched one of the first seasons eps but it did not hook me. Saw the first episode of the the second season and was kind of confused. Didn't watch it again until the fourth season when I got hooked since I watched more then one episode. Unfortunetly the station I was watching stopped showing the show with four episodes to go so when I saw the next episode on TNT(First Show of fifth season) The captain was a president. Talk about confusion. Then TNT ran the show every day and I made sure I watched every episode. Now the last episodes of the fifth season are hard to watch because I know the end is coming. Tears on all the last eps.

Yes, especially towards the end, when He comes back to the station.
But the most moving has always been Endgame for me. Cannot forget my first time seeing it !

"Well whaddya know, the Dun came out!"

I Think that sums it up for me <gulp>

Wanna know something stupid? I saluted when the Station blew up!!!!

I got teary-eyed but did not cry. No freakin' way was I gonna cry at a TV show with my wife there. She might make me start watching Oprah. B5 is my favorite science fiction (tv/movie/books) but I did not really like season 5 much (a few exceptions) and I was not thrilled with Sleeping In Light. It was too mushy for me. But that's just me. My wife liked it.

No movie or TV show has ever made me cry. A couple of really good tragic fantasy books came close (at least, they left me depressed for several hours or almost teary-eyed). "Grave of the Fireflies" is the one movie that came as close to books.

EXCEPT B5's SIL. I didn't cry very much, but there's a couple scenes (Delenn alone on the bench, Sheridan/Delenn goodbye) that did the job. Wringing even a couple of tears out of me is difficult.

More than once. I still get choked up when I think of the station blowing up.

It's the music, I think. It just says "All those people you learned to care about or hate over the last five years? They're gone now."

You bet. I guess it touched a nerve related to the loss of my father and a couple of years later my mother. It had such an impact that I find it painful to watch again. The grief of that episode is condensed for me in the scene in Objects at Rest where Sheridan dictates a letter for his son's 21st birthday that Sheridan will never see. The sense of double loss is especially poignant.

QMCO5

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back