• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

I hope this is a joke

The thing is, she would make an excellent younger version, she's got exactly the right profile. I can see where the direc

I agree on the political and moral implications though... it would be a bit barmy.

In the meantime, i'll keep trawling the net for a copy of Pari's last european movie, shot on a shoestring.... ;)

This rumor has been around for at least several weeks and I haven't heard anything denying it.

"Shot on a shoestring". Was that the budget, or the outfit?

I can only assume that Madonna and Courtney Love weren't available.

Wow, that's scary, Joe. When I forwarded the link for this article to a friend at work last week, those same two names came to my mind too.

Jessica Simpson also came to mind.

Jessica Simpson also came to mind.

Nah. Jessica may be empty-headed and a bit of a bimbo, but I don't think of her as the exact opposite of Mother Theresa. Threre is something basically innocent about her sex-bomb persona, she lacks the sheer air of sleaze that Paris, Madonna and Courtney share. Courtney's pal Pam Anderson might also have made the list. :)

Regards,

Joe

Madonna is more of a lifetime acheivement award than a pick for any specific recent act of stupidity. She's been a relentesslly self-promoting publicity whore (among other things). for 30 years and her entire life is one long repudiation of everything Mother Theresa stood for. "One's worldview" (whatever the hell that's supposed to mean) has nothing to do with why she would be just as inappropriate as Paris Hilton (or maybe even less so) to play a nun and possible saint.

Regards,

Joe

This is the old problem of who to cast for the part of the virgin Mary. Any actress the public had heard of was not a virgin. The medieval solution of getting a man to play the part probably would not work today.

The test the the film producer was using was the actress must not have appeared nude in Playboy. Madonna appeared nude in her book "Sex". I suspect that Playboy could not afford a multi-millionare like Paris Hilton and we all suspect that she is a bit of a hotel.

Actually, Paris Hilton was offered a spread in Playboy, but she declined. Apparantly, she didn't want to lower her standards. :p

Actually, Paris Hilton was offered a spread in Playboy, but she declined. Apparantly, she didn't want to lower her standards. :p

Ironic since she offers to spread for everyone else! Ha-ha, ho-ho... take my wife, please!

This is the old problem of who to cast for the part of the virgin Mary. Any actress the public had heard of was not a virgin. The medieval solution of getting a man to play the part probably would not work today.

The test the the film producer was using was the actress must not have appeared nude in Playboy. Madonna appeared nude in her book "Sex". I suspect that Playboy could not afford a multi-millionare like Paris Hilton and we all suspect that she is a bit of a hotel.

With all due respect, I think it's going overboard to call Paris, Madonna or Courtney Love an actress. Sure, they've had parts in movies, but, I wouldn't call it acting, although Madonna did do a good job in one dramatic role, I believe.

With all due respect, I think it's going overboard to call Paris, Madonna or Courtney Love an actress. Sure, they've had parts in movies, but, I wouldn't call it acting, although Madonna did do a good job in one dramatic role, I believe.

Acting in a movie by defintiion does make one an actor. Though if you want to be more precise, one can say they have been actresses.

Ironic since she offers to spread for everyone else! Ha-ha, ho-ho... take my wife, please!

The Mighty GKE, folks! He'll be here all week. Try the veal, and don't forget to tip your server...

I'm pretty sure Paris's videotape should have been consider lieu of the Playboy spread. (Heh, heh, he said "spread")

It isn't like an actress has to be a virgin to play Mary, anymore than she has to be to play Joan d'Arc. (As far as I know exactly one of the major actors to play her was actually a virgin at the time.) But as a general rule, if you're going to play a saint, you shouldn't have such a public reputation for riotous living and a complete rejection of every priniciple of the saint's religion that anyone seeing you in the role will spend the whole movie laughing at you.

BTW, GKE reminded me of something once said (by a high school classmate) about original MTV VJ Martha Quinn: "She was spread like butter on hot toast"

Later,

Joe

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back