• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5 20th Anniversary Celebration

Jan

Regular
Phoenix Comic-Con has announced an amazing B5 line-up of guests:

Phoenix Comicon 2013 is excited to welcome the creator, J. Michael Straczynski, and the cast of Babylon 5 for the 20th Anniversary: Bruce Boxleitner, Bill Mumy, Claudia Christian, Jerry Doyle, Julie Caitlin Brown (Friday only), Mira Furlan, Walter Koenig, Pat Tallman and Stephen Furst!

http://phoenixcomicon.com/page/1

Looks like it'll be (as Garibaldi might say) one hell of a party!

Jan

Sounds like an amazing line-up. Hopefully, they continue to celebrate the anniversary labor day weekend, because I'd love to see a huge B5 guest representation at Dragon*Con in Atlanta too. :)

Awesome... I hope they do something this side of the pond too... maybe at London Film & Comic Con.

Quick update on a few things to do with the big B5 reunion at Phoenix Comicon:

- The guest list got even more awesome with the addition of Jason Carter, Andrea Thompson, Tracy Scoggins and Peter Jurasik.
- In addition to smaller panels, there will be one big 90-minute panel with all of the B5 guests. The con has announced that they'll be filming it and will post it to YouTube within a week after the con.
- Even if you can't come, you might be able to ask your favorite actor a question. A message from Phoenix Comicon:
Phoenix Comicon said:
Do you have a burning question to ask one of our Babylon 5 guests?

Due to the large scale of our Babylon 5 reunion we are going to do something a little different. We are going to collect questions ahead of time to ask during the panel, this will help us ensure every guest gets questions to answer!

So what is the process you ask? Its pretty simple, email your question to BabylonQuestions@phoenixcomicon.com. Please put 'Babylon 5 Question' in the subject line. We will collect questions from now until April 13th and then compile the questions for the panel. ~SM

Really looking forward to this!

Jan

I got to thinking about the big 20th anniversiary panel, which had every surviving principle cast member (Excepting Boxleitner, who was busy), AND Bester, AND for no frackin' reason, Byron. As I was drifting off to sleep last night, I got to thinking, 'Hey, why isn't Warren "Who?" Keffer up there?' I mean, Robert Russler's still alive, right?

Why wasn't he included?

Why wasn't he included?

Only the convention knows for sure. Because the convention had a limited budget? Because there were so many guests already that several never got to say anything during the big panel and more would be ridiculous? Any number of reasons, I imagine.

I'd have loved to see Ed Wasser or Wayne Alexander.

Oh, and another great line-up is shaping up at Space City Con in Jan. 2014.

Jan

Why wasn't he included?

Only the convention knows for sure. Because the convention had a limited budget? Because there were so many guests already that several never got to say anything during the big panel and more would be ridiculous? Any number of reasons, I imagine.

I'd have loved to see Ed Wasser or Wayne Alexander.

Oh, and another great line-up is shaping up at Space City Con in Jan. 2014.

Jan

Just seems to me "We're doing a reunion of the principle cast. We can have that character that everyone hated, that Byron guy, or we can have Keffer." Odd choice.

The obvious reason, though, is that nobody liked the character, and the actor wasn't just oozing with likeability. (Though he was serviceable in "Vamp.") I kept forgetting who he was. He'd disappear for like 5 episodes, and then he'd turn up and I'd be like halfway through his first scene before I'd go "Oh, it's Warren" and then someone would invariably say "Who?" Then he'd disappear for another four or five or six episodes. I assume that's it. Didn't make much of an impression.

What's he up to now, anyway, I wonder? [Checking] Wow. I'd've lost that bet. I count 30 credits *AFTER* B5.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back