• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

grey 17 is missing

It'a another case where the gravity of the "B" story heavily outweighs the "A" story... TKO is another example - we are more ineterested in the human story of Ivanova's loss, than we are of Garibaldi's buddy busting "snakeheads".

I'm not one of that "we." I found the A story, about human racism extending into space, and being met with a sort of racism, that kept humans out of the Mutai, to be quite good, the more so, because we have an african-american expressing the racist attitudes, showing that no race is free from racism. I found that more interesting than the stubborn and pouty Ivanova.

A very fascinating point Jade :eek: you make me want to go back now and check out the 'A' stories deeper meaning. :) I can't speak for others. But I think that for my wife and I,(as far as TKO goes), we just cared more for the B story because in the TKO case it was a character we knew and loved (I.E.- Ivanova).

Where as Grey 17 Is Missing the monster was cool but the cult thing kinda seemed off some how, we quickly grew disinterested and found our selves begging for a whole lot more footage of the Marcus story.
THE MARCUS STORY RULED! Well Marcus is just cool period. :cool: :beer:
It sucks they killed him off. Time travel anyone?.... Change the future YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

Hey, maybe they can make like a totally alternate 'Sleeping in the light' ending. Because time travel creates like this huge time paradox. ***(JMS I denounce all rights to this idea so you can use it).

Last edited:
I'm not one of that "we." I found the A story, about human racism extending into space, and being met with a sort of racism, that kept humans out of the Mutai, to be quite good, the more so, because we have an african-american expressing the racist attitudes, showing that no race is free from racism. I found that more interesting than the stubborn and pouty Ivanova.

That's true... I guess i'm just an emotional sucker whenever i see a lady crying.

I knew what you meant by acting, I was just making a joke. By the "method of killing," I meant the method of killing the Zarg. I agree it is hard to make a good one-off monster on a TV budget, and the Shadow Soldier was better.

You know, if the Zarg had been less animated in its gestures (the guy in the suit trying to make it look ferocious), and instead moved in a more sly, predatory way, and was shown tearing into some meat Jeremiah had left for it, maybe out of focus in the background, in a dimly lit area, it may have had more credibility as "the most dangerous alien in the sector," and looked less silly. Jeremiah's group must have been feeding the Zarg, because otherwise they would have been its food.

To be honest, I don't recall the context that you first used those words in. I was pointing out that in the beginning of Grey 17, Garibaldi is playing around with that old slug thrower. While the (radio play) gun itself didn't resurface, the bullets did...

You know, if the Zarg had been less animated in its gestures (the guy in the suit trying to make it look ferocious), and instead moved in a more sly, predatory way, and was shown tearing into some meat Jeremiah had left for it, maybe out of focus in the background, in a dimly lit area, it may have had more credibility as "the most dangerous alien in the sector," and looked less silly. Jeremiah's group must have been feeding the Zarg, because otherwise they would have been its food.

Very true.

Going back and looking at the Zargs actions I see your point to Jade Jaguar.....KoshN....................................................

I have a Zarg photograph in my B-5 scrap book and it terrorfied my wife. But she was not afraid of or reacting at all to the actual live action one...... The actor from the original Predator movie he was not. (That actor was unreal how even without his face being seen he could exude such a rich performance. Loving acting myself I have great respect for him as a fellow thespian. It is unfortunate he died).

Any how, the Zarg costume was real cool looking though.

***By the way is it me or did a Zarg walk by as a extra passing in the back ground of the Zocalo in atleast one episode of B-5?- This would be a good Joseph De Martino question he would know.

Last edited:
I've never spotted that, although I'm pretty sure there's a Buffyverse vampire in the Zocalo in A Call to Arms (and of course N'Grath made an appearance in Buffy..)

Surely station security isn't so lax that the most dangerous creature in the entire sector would be allowed to shop at the Babylon Boutique??!!

In some sci-fi movies they'll throw anything on a extra just to give it a alien foreign feel on the set environment. But yeah it doesn't seem logical that JMS would allow that kind of discontinuity. Ether they didn't think anyone would see them pass by in a distant blur or the creatue I saw just looked simular to a Zarg who knows. It's been a while. Now that I think about it the latter seems to be probably the case. I'll go through all of it again booooy this is gonna take a while.

In some sci-fi movies they'll throw anything on a extra just to give it a alien foreign feel on the set environment. But yeah it doesn't seem logical that JMS would allow that kind of discontinuity. Ether they didn't think anyone would see them pass by in a distant blur or the creatue I saw just looked simular to a Zarg who knows. It's been a while. Now that I think about it the latter seems to be probably the case. I'll go through all of it again booooy this is gonna take a while.

Then, you'll get carried away by the story (very easy to do) and forget that you were looking for the Zarg in the background.

Then, you'll get carried away by the story (very easy to do) and forget that you were looking for the Zarg in the background.

Unless I run it in fast forward but that is real hard on the dvd player not to mention the Zarg would be harder to spot at that speed.

A daunting task indeed.

Last edited:
I very much thought this was a very good episode. The only episode I can't stand to watch (which I will watch--:( with my wife because it's part of the set.) is Infection..I'll wing through it as much as I can but it's not one of my most memorable episodes I've ever seen.

I like that Robert Englund can do something else besides playing Wilie from V and of course Freddy Krueger in the Nightmare on Elm Street series.

Alex

Back