• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Two Big Crusade Questions

Hence Gideon's voice would become more recognisable from the box over time ... as it absorbed more and more of its owners "essence" into itself.

Works for me.

I think that perhaps the box absorbs more and more of its owner's essence, while the owner becomes more and more dependent on the box. While in the beginning, the owner is the master, the box becomes the master when the owner is no longer able to take any decision without asking the box.

That was the decision of the box. It wanted to get to someone with more power who was more useful to it.

A bit like the way the Ring left Gollum to go with Bilbo.

I just KNEW that was what was coming next. ;)

Fair point though, and definitely in keeping with the way the wee manipulative bugger was starting to be portrayed. Though like more or less everything concerning the possible stories held within Crusade we’ll never know.

I see it as more Shadow tech since JMS said something about Galen suspecting what Gideon had. Perhaps the whole thing about the box lying was to help spread chaos. From JMS's other comments, we know the box would have been very important at the end of season 1 and early season 2 (I was just watching hte Crusade DVDs a couple weeks ago so this all still fresh to me)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back