• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Need Episode Suggestions...

tiktok

I just watched the episode severed dreams & am wanting to go back & rewatch all the episodes that highlight the Earth Alliance heavy cruiser, battle cruiser & destroyer class ships(i.e. the Alexander, Agrippa, Roanoke, etc). I went over the episode descriptions but none really stuck out as for having these ships play a good part in the episode.

I am hoping someone on here knows the episodes well enough that some other ones will come to mind that can be suggested. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

~pdm

I take it you mean episodes that show them in action? That's what I would look for.

All Alone In the Night
Messages from Earth
Point of No Return
Severed Dreams
Moments of Transition (at the very end, nice and wicked)
No Surrender, No Retreat
Face of the Enemy
Between the Darkness and the Light
Endgame
A Call To Arms

And I don't remember where I read it, but the man who designed the Omegas gave a description of what he was asked to create, and what he ended up with. His design included Cobra Bays on the centrifuge section, (Narn?) energy mine launchers below the forward launch bay, and large numbers of missiles along the sides, meant to broadside opponents. None of that was used on-screen.

I would really like to see similar descriptions from the designers of, well, all the rest of the B5 ships, collected someplace. A lot of those designs are just damn inspired, and the amount of thought that went into them is obvious. I don't know if Ron Thornton and the folks from Foundation would be inclined to do that, after the way they were treated, despite the great work they did. I always though letting them go was a big mistake, and FX quality suffered in some ways after that. I think I just digressed.

Raw Shark

I think that the Omega Class Cruiser is very realistic and well done.Maybe one day the first spaceships different than shuttles will look very much like it because a possible mission to Mars will take approximately two years.Spending so much time in 0g is very harmful to the astronauts and makes their bones easier to break, so the first long range vessels must have rotating sections.

yeah, the Omega's a nice looking ship, but there are a few..... mistakes shall we say.

first off there's no hanger door at the bow of the ship, and so will hoover up all space debris as it moves wiping out the star fury bay. the rotating section should lock in position during combat, far too vulnerable, plus if it gets hit and stops you create havoc on the bridge as everyonr floats away from their stations. the heavy lasers/pulse cannons on the forward hull section are fixed so to fire you have to point the whole ship, should be in turrets as the guns along the spine.

and that's just off the top of my head.

but it just looks so cool!!!!;)

I take it you mean episodes that show them in action? That's what I would look for.

All Alone In the Night
Messages from Earth
Point of No Return
Severed Dreams
Moments of Transition (at the very end, nice and wicked)
No Surrender, No Retreat
Face of the Enemy
Between the Darkness and the Light
Endgame
A Call To Arms

And I don't remember where I read it, but the man who designed the Omegas gave a description of what he was asked to create, and what he ended up with. His design included Cobra Bays on the centrifuge section, (Narn?) energy mine launchers below the forward launch bay, and large numbers of missiles along the sides, meant to broadside opponents. None of that was used on-screen.

I would really like to see similar descriptions from the designers of, well, all the rest of the B5 ships, collected someplace. A lot of those designs are just damn inspired, and the amount of thought that went into them is obvious. I don't know if Ron Thornton and the folks from Foundation would be inclined to do that, after the way they were treated, despite the great work they did. I always though letting them go was a big mistake, and FX quality suffered in some ways after that. I think I just digressed.

Raw Shark

You’d be thinking of this place.

http://ftp.themadgoner.com/B5/B5Scrolls/B5Scrolls.htm

Paul Bryant’s description of the Omega is the most detailed (for any of the ships), but there’s a few other snippets between the various interviews and what appears on the ship screens.

That's it! Thanks. I really like the madgoner site, very ambitious.

Speaking of B5 model sites, does anyone know where I can find a good image of the new Centauri cruiser from The Lost Tales? I absolutely love the look of that thing. It looks so skeletal, like it was just born from the ground of some evil graveyard. I always liked the original Vorchan, but this new one is just fantastic. The battle they showed between the Centauri ships and the Warlocks really whet my appetite for more B5.

Raw Shark

I also had a problem with all the fixed-forward weapons on supposedly advanced ships. Even the White Stars only fire forward! In an arc for the beam gun, but still. All you would need for a crew is a pilot who also mans a couple of triggers. What are all those other crewmen for if they can't shoot in other directions? Is it a union job or something?

Raw Shark

"Avoid self-righteousness like the devil. Nothing is more self-blinding."
Sir B. H. Liddell Hart

Back