B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Classic: Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.world

Old November 20th 07, 01:04   #1
Dayton3
First One

Crusade & Legends of the Rangers-I've Asked This Before

I know I've asked this before, but will we ever get to see the resolution of the Crusade storyline onscreen?

Or the Legend of the Rangers storyline?

I'm so hoping to one day see Crusade revived that right now I would tolerate seeing a recast of the characters.
Dayton3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th 07, 12:55   #2
mattikake
Ranger

Re: Crusade & Legends of the Rangers-I've Asked This Before

I'd have thought the chances of that are infinitely less than 1.
mattikake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th 07, 13:05   #3
Sindatur
Techno-mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayton3 View Post
I know I've asked this before, but will we ever get to see the resolution of the Crusade storyline onscreen?

Or the Legend of the Rangers storyline?

I'm so hoping to one day see Crusade revived that right now I would tolerate seeing a recast of the characters.
Never say never, but, no current plans are known...

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th 07, 13:20   #4
Jan
Psi Cop

JMS hinted heavily that we would have seen part of the Crusade story in the ill-fated TMoS feature film.

Now that he's developing a name for himself as a feature film writer perhaps the chaces are greater than they had been but so far he hasn't said anything about it.

Jan
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd 08, 02:33   #5
Dayton3
First One

It has come to my attention recently that the "Drakh Plague" part of the storyline was going to be resolved in the second season of Crusade.

What was going to crop up after that?
Old January 2nd 08, 05:30   #6
vacantlook

Quote:
It has come to my attention recently that the "Drakh Plague" part of the storyline was going to be resolved in the second season of Crusade.

What was going to crop up after that?
The major points that really stick with me that jms has revealed he was planning on having happen are:

1. Gideon was going to have been killed at the end of season one with the Apocalypse Box having some function in his eventual return.

2. Dureena was going to come into possession of a sword without remembering how she got it, and eventually she was going to develop techno-mage-like powers, which would cause Galen concern over how she had acquired them and what they were doing to her.

3. The Excalibur was going to "go rogue" and work against Earth after discovering that Earth was engaging in numerous black projects involving left over Shadow technology, a particular concern of Galen's given that techno-mage's technology is Shadow tech and his first-hand knowledge of how dangerous it is and how much it can screw with a person's mind interacting with it.
vacantlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd 08, 12:25   #7
Galahad
First One

Send a message via MSN to Galahad Send a message via Yahoo to Galahad Send a message via Skype™ to Galahad

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacantlook View Post
3. The Excalibur was going to "go rogue" and work against Earth after discovering that Earth was engaging in numerous black projects involving left over Shadow technology, a particular concern of Galen's given that techno-mage's technology is Shadow tech and his first-hand knowledge of how dangerous it is and how much it can screw with a person's mind interacting with it.
I personally thought it was going to be a little more complex than that. I don't believe it was going to be the Earth Government itself that Excalibur would be going up against. I think it would have been more likely to be the black projects. Unfortunately the people behind them would spin lies about the Excalibur going rogue and persuade the Earth Government through propaganda, that they were right and the Excalibur was rogue.

This would have made it especially interesting with regard to the Interstellar Alliance's support of Excalibur... because I believe they would have been made aware of the truth and would be in a highly interesting political position.

"We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth."

Visit NiCK'S SANCTUARY
Galahad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd 08, 14:10   #8
Dayton3
First One

Sounds like he was going to go the "Blakes 7" route.

Anyone have an idea about what the Apocalypse Box was supposed to be?

I have heard somewhere that it was supposed to be older than the Shadows even.

What was it? The leftover essence of one of the departed first ones?
Old January 2nd 08, 14:53   #9
Sindatur
Techno-mage

Quote:
Sounds like he was going to go the "Blakes 7" route.

Anyone have an idea about what the Apocalypse Box was supposed to be?

I have heard somewhere that it was supposed to be older than the Shadows even.

What was it? The leftover essence of one of the departed first ones?
I always got the impression it was a kind of parasite. I seem to recall it being mentioned that as time went on, the voice it spoke with was supposed to become more obviously Gideon's voice, and that it was already starting to influence Gideon's opions and decisions, as if the more exposure to it, the more connected it's owner became to it.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd 08, 15:33   #10
Dayton3
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindatur View Post
I always got the impression it was a kind of parasite. I seem to recall it being mentioned that as time went on, the voice it spoke with was supposed to become more obviously Gideon's voice, and that it was already starting to influence Gideon's opions and decisions, as if the more exposure to it, the more connected it's owner became to it.
Perhaps similiar to the aliens encountered on Babylon-5 that attached themselves to hosts and were dedicated to collecting information and knowledge.

The Apocalypse Box could've been a very old variant of that.