• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Shadow War Question - Minor Spoiler

And, it is VERY clear to me at least, even if not Dayton, that the Shadows and the Vorlons had every intention of having a direct, all-out, confrontation.

Didn't Lyta even comment about how the two sides were both ignoring them until Sheridan ordered the detonation of the nukes?

And, it is VERY clear to me at least, even if not Dayton, that the Shadows and the Vorlons had every intention of having a direct, all-out, confrontation.

Yet despite both sides having 10,000 ships there, the Vorlons were continuing their campaign of destroying other worlds with any taint of Shadow influence.

Remember the Vorlon planet destroyer blotting out the sun over Centauri Prime?

It was only called away when Sheridan made his play.

So, because we are shown that the Vorlons don't have all of their ships in the entire galaxy at Coriana that means that all of the Shadows' ships in the entire galaxy are at Coriana?

Yet despite both sides having 10,000 ships there, the Vorlons were continuing their campaign of destroying other worlds with any taint of Shadow influence.

Remember the Vorlon planet destroyer blotting out the sun over Centauri Prime?

It was only called away when Sheridan made his play.

This all sounds like arguments for my position, to me.

The Vorlons were intent on wiping out any trace of the Shadows. Surely that would include the Shadows themselves, as well as Centauri Prime.

Just checked Lurkers', and according to them, in The Long Night, Sheridan specifically states to the League that it is time the Shadows and the Vorlons fought directly, instead of attacking each other through the destruction of innocent worlds. As you like to say, case closed. :D

Fine.

Though I still get the idea at Corianna that the Shadows and Vorlons would've gladly picked off all 8,000 of Sheridans ships before fighting each other.

Even after the Shadows and Vorlons ignore Sheridan's fleet and Sheridan then orders the detonation of several nukes to get their attention, and after the Shadows and the Vorlons turn their fleets toward Sheridan's, the first shot of any ship-to-ship fire is a big wide shot of Vorlons and Shadows shooting back and forth. Then after that, the shot cuts to some of Sheridan's fleet firing their weapons. That's part of what makes this Shadow War different than past Shadow wars: the Vorlons and the Shadows had both gotten to the point where they didn't give a crap about who got caught in between, it was all about openly fighting each other now.

Fine.

Though I still get the idea at Corianna that the Shadows and Vorlons would've gladly picked off all 8,000 of Sheridans ships before fighting each other.

Then how do you explain the fact that both Shadows and Vorlons utterly ignored Sheridan's fleet until he started blowing them up?

Latest posts

Members online

Back