B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old October 5th 21, 09:30   #81
Ubik
Commander

Re: NEW Babylon 5 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypatia View Post
It's kind of infuriating that in this day we still have "Regions". It's getting in the way of our access to entertainment, and people willing to pay. I wanted to watch the film "Oldboy" but it's not available in my area.

Is this what NordVPN can help with? Am I allowed to ask that question, here?
Yeah, I use NordVPN for a certain degree of online privacy and you can also use it to fool steaming sites into thinking you are elsewhere. Want the USA catalogue on Netflix, no problem. For instance, I can watch Adult Swim, whilst actually being in the UK. I also will occasionally use torrents if I desperately want to see something and can't find it, so I use a VPN to keep that activity private too. I don't own a TV, or subscribe to that many streaming services, so the VPN kinda pays for itself.
Ubik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th 21, 19:37   #82
Kraig
First One

ExpressVPN isn't bad either. I've been using it for years. I have it on multiple devices (cell, laptop, two desktops). I've been watching UK BBC shows for quite a while. At first BBC required a UK TV license to watch any entertainment programming. But after a year the BBC lets me stream all their shows. I got to learn that what the US calls "illegal dumping" in the UK it's called "fly tipping." It was on a comedy with Martin Clunes as a driving instructor.

For my home computers I mostly use it to view what "isn't available in your area" and for portable devices the encryption prevents you from being a victim of hacked public wifi.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” — H. L. Mencken, Baltimore Evening Sun, 26 July 1920

"I've been on food stamps and welfare, did anybody help me out? No. No."
-- Craig T. Nelson
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th 21, 03:37   #83
hypatia
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonface View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypatia View Post
It's kind of infuriating that in this day we still have "Regions".
Yes, it's really infuriating! No wonder people turn to VPNs and Piracy: Here we are, willing to pay for a certain content, only to be told "I'm sorry, we only can take your money if you're in the right area of the world." The CW Homepage does not even load at all here, it just tells me, that It'S only available in the US.
On Amazon prime I wanted to buy an episode of Columbo. The local Site did not have all episodes, so i figured: doesn't matter, I just buy it from the US site. Yeah, no way: I can only by it, if my IP and my credit card are US based.

That's so stupid for both sides!
No kidding. I suppose it has to do with contracts but it seems a lot of money is being lost.
Old October 6th 21, 16:22   #84
vacantlook

One common comment I saw throughout the day that the reboot was announced was worry about the show being on CW meaning that the characters would be played by uncharacteristically young actors. Hopefully this tweet from jms will calm those worrying about it.

Quote:
Our story is rooted in Earthforce. How many teenagers do you see in command positions in the military?
vacantlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th 21, 02:05   #85
Kyehlar
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacantlook View Post
One common comment I saw throughout the day that the reboot was announced was worry about the show being on CW meaning that the characters would be played by uncharacteristically young actors. Hopefully this tweet from jms will calm those worrying about it.

Quote:
Our story is rooted in Earthforce. How many teenagers do you see in command positions in the military?
Depends... what kinda anime do you watch? lol
What kind of head of security would I be if I let people like me know things that I am not supposed to know. I know what I know, because I have to know it and if I don't have to know it, I don't tell me and don't let anyone else tell me either.
- Michael Garibaldi
Kyehlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th 21, 02:56   #86
Karajorma
Commander

It's like people aren't willing to consider that a major reason that CW greenlit the B5 reboot was so that they could stop making exactly the same kind of show.

I don't even mind Arrow / The Flash but it's not like they're such massive ratings grabbers that the network would be insisting that every show must be like them.
Karajorma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th 21, 08:43   #87
Kyehlar
First One

So long as we get Minbari and Narn in full makeup on Whose Line Is It Anyway? then I'm all for it.
What kind of head of security would I be if I let people like me know things that I am not supposed to know. I know what I know, because I have to know it and if I don't have to know it, I don't tell me and don't let anyone else tell me either.
- Michael Garibaldi
Kyehlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th 21, 14:29   #88
Karajorma
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyehlar View Post
So long as we get Minbari and Narn in full makeup on Whose Line Is It Anyway? then I'm all for it.

Whose Battle of the Line is it Anyway? Sounds like something the warrior caste said when asked to surrender.
Karajorma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th 21, 14:45   #89
Ubik
Commander

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacantlook View Post

Quote:
Depends... what kinda anime do you watch? lol
For inexplicable reasons... only Children can pilot these giant robots.
Ubik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th 21, 16:29   #90
Kraig
First One

Quote:
If it was good enough for the Drew Carey Show, it is good enough for me.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” — H. L. Mencken, Baltimore Evening Sun, 26 July 1920

"I've been on food stamps and welfare, did anybody help me out? No. No."
-- Craig T. Nelson
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote