B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.world

View Poll Results: Racing Mars
A -- Excellent 6 26.09%
B -- Good 14 60.87%
C -- Average 3 13.04%
D -- Poor 0 0%
F -- Failure 0 0%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 31st 18, 00:33   #11
Looney
Ambassador

Re: EpDis: The Exercise Of Vital Powers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talvitar View Post
"I never meant to hurt you". If ever there was a more meaningless and vapid phrase... Like, oh really, and that's supposed to make me feel better??! Oh Garibaldi, why did you have to say that...
But Talvitar, I really did never mean "to hurt you."

Okay yes I definitely find all of the Garibaldi / Lise tough to watch. In fairness I don't think we really learn enough about Lise's character. I mean really we only get 'Dodger' Durman for one episode and I feel we know more about her character than all of the Lise guest appearances combined. And I also feel like I was more interested in seeing where that relationship led more than Garibaldi / Lise. That being said I really like where the Garibaldi / Lise story ends up in the end.
Looney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st 18, 01:22   #12
Jan
Psi Cop

Lise was just an ordinary woman trying to make her way in a harsh world. She wasn't a hero and didn't really care about any causes. She just wanted to keep her head down and get by. It would be interesting to have seen what the security of the Edgars fortune might have done to/for her character.
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st 18, 10:50   #13
Looney
Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
Lise was just an ordinary woman trying to make her way in a harsh world. She wasn't a hero and didn't really care about any causes. She just wanted to keep her head down and get by. It would be interesting to have seen what the security of the Edgars fortune might have done to/for her character.
You are DEFINITELY correct. I think that is the problem with Lise. We only really got to know her as an archetype and not a character with any depth. And you are also correct that it would have been interesting to get some of that character depth before and after Edgars. Really after would make more sense because she would have had the "security" to be more of her own character without as much concern for trying to make that security for her child.
Looney is offline   Reply With Quote