B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old May 8th 01, 14:56   #1
**DONOTDELETE**

Babylon 5 shooting location?

Sorry for my ignorance, but, where was the original "Babylon 5" shooting location? LA/Hollywood? I guess one reason why the new Babylon 5 project is shooting in Canada is the dollar exchange factor...the productions save alot of money and still produce quality work...I wonder if Babyon 5:The Legend of the Rangers" is going to shoot the whole series in Vancouver? That would be interesting...-Ghost R.-

------------------
Old May 8th 01, 15:14   #2
Joseph DeMartino

Re: Babylon 5 shooting location?

"B5" was shot in a converted warehouse or factory in the Los Angeles area. They moved out several months after "Crusade" finished shooting, when post-production was finished and all their gear had been packed up and put in storage. Another show later took over the facilities.

They almost certainly will shoot the series in Vancouver, especially if the go-ahead for the series is received early enough that they can leave the sets standing and go right into regular production. I'm sure the deals worked out with the GVFS and the other local contractors include provisions for their continuing to work on the series.

Regards,

Joe

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net
Joseph DeMartino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th 01, 15:36   #3
WombatControl
Ranger

B5 was originally filmed in a converted hot tub factory in an LA suburb. (I believe it was Sherman Oaks, but I'm not sure on that one...)

Production costs in Canada are significantly lower than in LA, which is why filming in Vancouver has been a popular thing to do. (Dark Angel, Lone Gunmen, Andromeda, and several other shows are based in Vancouver.)

------------------
WombatControl
http://www.flarn.com/wombatcontrol/
"Who let the spoo out? Sigh sigh sigh sigh sigh..."
WombatControl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th 01, 15:48   #4
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks Joe! I have to say that I am probably one of the least informed people on this site, so I appreciate everyone's knowledge! It is very impressive to me how knowledgeable everyone is on this site! Thanks again! Cool! Cheers! -Ghost R.-

------------------
Old February 8th 18, 05:44   #5
Dandolion1964
Lurker

Actually it was a factory called Aqua Tech and I believe they made a tidy bowl like product. Next door was an Orange Bang factory that the production took over.
Dandolion1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th 18, 11:43   #6
Jan
Psi Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandolion1964 View Post
Actually it was a factory called Aqua Tech and I believe they made a tidy bowl like product. Next door was an Orange Bang factory that the production took over.
It was a former spa tub factory.
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th 18, 20:49   #7
Looney
Ambassador

Firstly, Welcome Dandolion1964 and thanks for posting!

Secondly I swear I posted this earlier today, but it seems to have disappeared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post

It was a former spa tub factory.
I always say "HOT TUB" factory. I feel like it has more flare.
Looney is offline   Reply With Quote