B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old April 5th 17, 00:05   #1
Jan
Psi Cop

Streaming B5 - Legally - USA

Yes, at long last, there's a legal way to stream B5 on mobile devices or regular desktop:

https://www.go90.com/shows/babylon5

It's effective today and the site seems to be fairly new. There was an article in Variety yesterday about it:

http://variety.com/2017/digital/news...90-1202020644/

Quote:
Deal includes 'Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles,' 'Almost Human,' 'Babylon 5,' 'Believe,' 'Stalker'

Verizon is punching the thriller and sci-fi buttons with a pact to bring all seasons of seven Warner Bros. TV shows — including “Veronica Mars” and “Fringe” — to the free Go90 mobile-video service.

The deal with Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution makes Go90 the exclusive streaming outlet for the series, which also include “Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles,” “Almost Human,” “Babylon 5,” “Believe” and “Stalker.” Besides theoretically appealing to Go90’s millennial target demo, the shows were more affordable for Verizon to license than more recent TV hits. A source familiar with the pact indicated that it runs for one year or less.
Let's try to make it a success!

Jan
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th 17, 23:33   #2
Spacecadet10
Lurker

Re: Streaming B5 - Legally - USA

Lol you beat me to it! I was just about to create a post for this. This is really great news. I own B5 on DVD in its entirety, but I'm glad more people will be able to watch it now because the fact that it wasn't on a streaming service was a huge turn-off. I suppose DVDs are just viewed as obsolete or too expensive nowadays.
Spacecadet10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th 17, 19:55   #3
Wulf
Ranger

"Sorry! go90TM Mobile TV Network is only available to people that aren't you."

...Aww.
Wulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th 17, 04:45   #4
Looney
Ambassador

Very surprised this hasn't gotten more comments. I am watching it on Go90 and it looks great on my tablet. It is free and I love it. I have seen very few commercials at the start of episodes. I am almost through Season One. My only complaint is I wish I could get it on my Roku to view on my TV, but like I said, it looks really good on my tablet . . . and my phone.
Looney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th 17, 17:51   #5
hypatia
First One

I don't watch a lot of stuff on my computer, I also prefer it on the television screen. I also am at a busy time, rematching the entire series would work better for me in the summer time.
Old April 30th 17, 03:30   #6
Looney
Ambassador

I have to admit that I do greatly enjoy that I can just carry it with me and have it playing in the background where ever I go. This being said, it is a huge distraction that makes me constantly stop and start looking at the screen.
Old May 10th 17, 02:56   #7
hypatia
First One

Just don't play it while driving.
Old May 10th 17, 06:04   #8
Looney
Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypatia View Post
Just don't play it while driving.
Yes, very good advice. Thankfully the data plan on my phone would not permit me to play it while driving without racking up a huge bill, but it gets turned on whenever I have WiFi.
Old May 28th 17, 03:55   #9
Looney
Ambassador

So I thought I should mention this because it has amazed me. I have been traveling and watching B5 on Go90 with my phone. I have been watching with earbuds in and I can't believe how I feel like I am hearing certain little things for the first time. There have been parts to pieces of music I feel I haven't heard before. And then there is some background noise or background effects that seem new, but I know it is just that I wasn't hearing them through the various TVs I've had since the 90s. It has been a great revelation. And again, I can't believe how great it has looked on my small screens.