B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.world

Old February 24th 17, 23:33   #21
Markas
His Majesty

Send a message via MSN to Markas
Re: Is it time to go beyond the rim?

I am heartened so see so many friends that I thought had already passed beyond the rim.

Administratively, this isn't a burdensome place. There are a few mods that come around and tend to their forums that still have some life. If something gets a bit strange, they know how to contact me to come sort it out.

I am loathe to shut it down myself. This was truly the first forum where I felt truly at home. And while I have shown up elsewhere (primarily at Antony's other, much busier site, TrekBBS), it hasn't been "the same."

Antony essentially said to me that it doesn't have to be imminent. It may be time, however, to send out a broadcast notice to see who would like to have a view of the place. As Jan said, there are many wonderful conversations stored here. I believe Antony mentioned it could be all archived so that it could be accessed or restored if desired.

Thanks all for your feedback. It warms the heart of this OLD first one.
Old February 24th 17, 23:53   #22
RW7427

I still come to B5TV pretty much every day, but that is really just to Babbleon, the forum that I moderate, and the one that seems to have the most activity. I do keep my eyes out for suspicious activity in any forum, but that is pretty much non-existant.
Old February 25th 17, 15:52   #23
Jan
Psi Cop

Markas or RW, FYI, a few folks over on JMSnews have mentioned that they tried to sign in or register here and weren't able. Can somebody check the registration mechanism and see if it needs to be kicked?

Thanks,
Jan
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th 17, 19:57   #24
RW7427

That would have to be Markas. I don't have the power to do that.
Old February 26th 17, 02:13   #25
hypatia
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
Hi Hypatia,

Did you get the email from DougO? In the forum 'JMS News Information' the second item down is called 'Introductions'. That's where you should post. It's not closed and new members are welcome! If you still have trouble, PM me here with your user name and I'll see if DougO can clear you anyway.

See you there!
Jan
I'm not sure if I found the email, it's been busy at work this week. But I did pop back in and I think I figured it out, I did post a note. Thanks! No matter what happens to our beloved B5TV, I'll have a bit of a link to all things JMS.
Old March 3rd 17, 00:55   #26
Markas
His Majesty

Send a message via MSN to Markas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
Markas or RW, FYI, a few folks over on JMSnews have mentioned that they tried to sign in or register here and weren't able. Can somebody check the registration mechanism and see if it needs to be kicked?

Thanks,
Jan
Clearly, there is a problem with our registration system. It is not sending registration emails (the ones that you have to "push the button" to be allowed to post). I'll look into this.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention, Jan.
Old March 3rd 17, 07:18   #27
Mororless
Ranger

I think the nature of this place(with a focus on individual episodes) tends to mean that activity will go up and down. if you have people doing a rewatch of the series you might get a significant degree of activity over a few months and then fall back to very little.

If it did go I wonder could there be the possible of shifting the existing episode discussions to a JMS subforum? those are quite unique discussions in that they often go back years and are rather less conversational.
Mororless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th 17, 23:00   #28
Springer
Ambassador

I tend not to do online communities/message boards/Facebook group anymore as I find myself not really getting on with them, but I would miss this place if it went beyond the rim. There are some good conversations and useful info among its threads.

I think B5 continues to have a lot of relevance to our modern world and it would be nice to keep this place open to discuss it. If not, I'd at least pop back to participate in a grand finale thread before saying goodbye to the forum.
Springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th 17, 16:15   #29
Demonn
First One

Though it take a thousand years... I think B5 will eventually be redone/renewed or given a movie, and whether that does or does not happen I shall remain to check in every now and then until the lights are turned off... or are replaced, and new paint is added to the walls.

I have enjoyed the time that i've spent lurking/posting here (mostly lurking), and would like to thank those who have manned AND held the line all these years.
Demonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th 17, 02:26   #30
RW7427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonn View Post
Though it take a thousand years... I think B5 will eventually be redone/renewed or given a movie, and whether that does or does not happen I shall remain to check in every now and then until the lights are turned off... or are replaced, and new paint is added to the walls.

I have enjoyed the time that i've spent lurking/posting here (mostly lurking), and would like to thank those who have manned AND held the line all these years.
**clicks the like button**

Can you tell I spend too much time on Facebook?