B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.world

View Poll Results: The Memory Of War
A -- Excellent 1 12.50%
B -- Good 5 62.50%
C -- Average 1 12.50%
D -- Poor 0 0%
F -- Failure 1 12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 11th 07, 02:58   #1
vacantlook

EpDis: Crusade: The Memory Of War

Lurker's Guide page for The Memory Of War
vacantlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th 07, 03:44   #2
KoshN

Re: EpDis: Crusade: The Memory Of War

I give this one an 'A' even though its Galen is inconsistent with the Galen of The Passing of the Techno-mages. It has some fine CGI alien cityscapes and that great shot of Dureena sitting up on that ledge, admiring the view.

I'd have given Racing the Night an 'A' were it not for that physics mistake when they used the main guns. In hindsight, perhaps I was too hard on Racing the Night.
Max Eilerson: "The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years. Probably contains hundreds of patents that I could exploit and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit."
KoshN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st 15, 02:53   #3
Lennier's Tears
Ambassador

My favorite thing about this episode is that it has the old ISN anchor It also has that guy from A Day in the Strife with the big spiky club thing, but I'm assuming that's not supposed to be the same character

So the nanovirus shield Dr. Chambers develops is the one we saw used in The Well of Forever? It's a bit confusing. I'm watching the episodes in the order they're on the DVD and that might not be the proper order, but the change in uniforms suggests that The Well of Forever DID take place before this episode, so ... confusing.

I actually quite like those gray uniforms ...
Old May 31st 15, 09:12   #4
Springer
Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennier's Tears View Post
the change in uniforms suggests that The Well of Forever DID take place before this episode, so ... confusing.

I actually quite like those gray uniforms ...
The episodes with the grey uniforms were actually filmed first Racing the Night was meant to be the first episode, starting a few months into the quest. They filmed about five episodes I think with those uniforms, then TNT randomly decided they didn't like them and wanted the darker uniforms instead. So a new first episode was filmed, War Zone, with the black uniforms the new plan was for them to start with the black costumes, switch to grey for a few episodes, then the crew would decide they hated the grey uniforms and switch back to black, but the return of the black uniforms was never filmed. The Well of Forever was written after the first five, but the running order got changed with the uniforms.
Springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st 15, 23:59   #5
Lennier's Tears
Ambassador

So The Well of Forever was supposed to air after the second uniform change? If I were more familiar with these episodes I guess it wouldn't bother me and I could just watch them in whatever order made the most sense, but watching this for the first time it's definitely confusing.

It's unfortunate that there apparently was so much network/studio meddling involved in the making of this show ...
Old June 1st 15, 16:30   #6
Springer
Ambassador

This is the Lurker's Guide recommendation for viewing order, ignoring TNT interference such as the uniforms:

1. War Zone
2. Racing the Night
3. The Memory of War
4. The Needs of Earth
5. Visitors From Down the Street
6. Each Night I Dream of Home
7. The Long Road
8. The Well of Forever
9. The Path of Sorrows
10. Patterns of the Soul
11. Ruling From the Tomb
12. The Rules of the Game
13. Appearances and Other Deceits

There's another continuity flub in Each Night I Dream of Home when Gideon is introduced to Lochley for a second time.
Springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st 15, 18:27   #7
Jan
Psi Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springer View Post
There's another continuity flub in Each Night I Dream of Home when Gideon is introduced to Lochley for a second time.
There's no perfect order even ignoring the uniforms because JMS did what he could to mitigate the damage from the change in order using ADR (automatic dialogue replacement). Which is why some lines are noticeably said while a character's back is to the camera.

Jan
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote