B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.world

View Poll Results: The Corps Is Mother, The Corps Is Father
A -- Excellent 3 14.29%
B -- Good 11 52.38%
C -- Average 5 23.81%
D -- Poor 2 9.52%
F -- Failure 0 0%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 9th 15, 05:21   #61
hypatia
First One

Re: EpDis: The Corps Is Mother, The Corps Is Father

I'd bet that someone knows. Fans can be pretty amazing, and JMS was very thorough. Those are very good questions.

I suspect the poor, low-level teep would risk starvation. The Corp may be mother and father, but it didn't look like it felt obliged to truly take care of the needs of its own. Perhaps, though, there were few enough of them and the corp was funded well enough, they did that as part of their job to keep teeps out of people's way. Off the streets, so to speak.
Old May 9th 15, 23:53   #62
Jan
Psi Cop

Remember that telepaths are really a very small segment of the population. And that the Psi Corps is kind of a corporation. They regulate the telepaths but they also handle contracting for telepath's services in return for a cut of their wages (as we saw in the show). So chances are the lower ratings were support staff for the higher ones. This would range from everything from aptitude testing to travel arranging to clerking and accounting. And it's likely that many of them might work among normals as long as the Corps certified that they wouldn't be snooping - or only doing sanctioned snooping. Remember when Lyta was looking for a job the businesswoman said that she'd have to get authorization from the Corps.

Jan
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd 15, 02:33   #63
Lennier's Tears
Ambassador

I just watched that Crusade episode called "The Path of Sorrows" for the first time, and it gave me a hint of an answer to some of my telepath questions In a flashback scene, a Psi Corps telepath casually mentions that "most of the medical staff are P1s and P2s". I guess that means that yes, Psi Corps has their own medical professionals (although it doesn't tell me whether they go to regular medical school or Psi Corps medical school), and that those are positions that lower rated telepaths can hold. Good to know!