B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old March 27th 15, 19:24   #21
Jan
Psi Cop

Re: Worst Acting Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshair3 View Post
Personally, I never really liked Byron. (ooh! my first post!) How did he get his hair to look so great in Down Below?
Happy first post!

Why shouldn't his hair look fine? And all the rest of them? They're not wealthy but they're obviously not destitute since they were able to make interstellar flights to get to B5. And we know there's plenty of water since we've seen it dripping so many times. Remember, Lyta was stealing vitamins and medical supplies for them, not shampoo.

Jan
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th 15, 19:49   #22
freshair3
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
With this being your first post, I'm going to remember you as Fres Hair 3.

Quote:
How did he get his hair to look so great in Down Below?
Well, that's a remarkably personal question. Usually when you're grooming "down below" you go for an all or nothing approach. I'm not sure which way he went.
Ha Ha!
freshair3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th 15, 19:51   #23
freshair3
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
Quote:
Personally, I never really liked Byron. (ooh! my first post!) How did he get his hair to look so great in Down Below?
Happy first post!

Why shouldn't his hair look fine? And all the rest of them? They're not wealthy but they're obviously not destitute since they were able to make interstellar flights to get to B5. And we know there's plenty of water since we've seen it dripping so many times. Remember, Lyta was stealing vitamins and medical supplies for them, not shampoo.

Jan
Hmmm (bit of a threadnap here) Is there plenty of water if it all has to be recycled? Not all quarters have showers with water. Is there a hairdresser on B5?
freshair3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th 15, 19:59   #24
Jan
Psi Cop

Quote:
Hmmm (bit of a threadnap here) Is there plenty of water if it all has to be recycled? Not all quarters have showers with water. Is there a hairdresser on B5?
Water showers would be wasteful, true. But even now we've got waterless shampoos that are often used in care centers. I've used one once and it actually worked really well.

I'm sure there are hairdressers. Plenty of permanent staff who'd need one. But the teeps might trim each other's hair, too.

Jan
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Old June 7th 18, 15:07   #25
Looney
Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republibot 3.0 View Post
Absolutely positively the telepath girl from "Legacies." Just terrible. Allegedly just hitting puberty, the actress was like 20 or more, and utterly unbelievable as a confused kid. And her attempts to act kid-like were cringingly awful
Okay so I discovered this thread by accident, but I think I will be having some fun as I go through it. First I agree that there are many cringe worthy moments with Alisa Beldon (Grace Una), but here is a question I have.

At the end of Legacies, 1.17, there is a scene where Alisa Beldon is saying goodbye to Talia Winters and Ivanova. The most important part of this scene is that it is a real spark in Winters and Ivanova's relationship, however, we are discussing the impression of Grace Una's acting so my question is whether or not people think this moment is brilliant? Okay so I always thought this scene was ridiculous. Alisa Beldon seems way too emotional about saying goodbye to these two. On the one hand they are the first two adults, we know of, whom have taken an interest in her safety and well being since her father died and orphaned her so maybe it is supposed to be genuine emotion. On the other hand, and in a manner that I think makes the scene play better, she also acknowledges that she isn't exactly happy about the way they fought over her. So maybe this overly emotional goodbye is just her way of placating them. I don't know it just feels that maybe the moment comes off so bad because it is supposed to be obvious how fake she is being. I know I am over thinking it and the answer leans more toward the angle of her performance lacking, but if I were right and she was just hamming it up to get away from those two it seems brilliant. I am thinking especially of the way she stops them and says she wants to go on alone. Of course we know she has to do that because Sinclair is waiting through the next door, but her character isn't supposed to know he is there so my theory seems plausible. As to the rest of the episode, I don't know what to tell you. My guess is that it has to do with a young actress being told she needs to play an even younger role of a fourteen year old.
Looney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th 18, 12:37   #26
BrianGault
Lurker

Well, I can't agree with you. It was my favourite moment, the most touching in the episode.
Old June 16th 18, 20:16   #27
Looney
Ambassador

Well I think it is brilliant if we are indeed supposed to believe the insincerity of the moment. I guess I just don't feel there is really enough of an emotional connection in the episode to warrant the goodbyes she delivers to everyone.

But kuddos for speaking up with a post that seems relevant despite placing a link in your first post.
Old June 16th 18, 20:42   #28
Jan
Psi Cop

That's what's known as a spammer, Looney. No more. No less.
Old June 18th 18, 14:58   #29
KoshFan
Soul Hunter

I'm thinking bots are getting smarter.

The Generous Grasp
KoshFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th 18, 16:02   #30
Looney
Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
That's what's known as a spammer, Looney. No more. No less.
I know. That is why I wrote what I wrote and added "" at the end. . . . .

Normally I would just have flagged the post, but they tried to be so subtle about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoshFan View Post
I'm thinking bots are getting smarter.
OMG I hope that isn't true. But yes I have noticed a few posts here recently have tried to sound somewhat relevant. I hate it so much that they can invade our little sanctuary.

So Jan how long do you think it will be before they are able to get through the JMS News screening?

Tags
survivors, worst actor