B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.world

View Poll Results: In The Beginning
A -- Excellent 32 71.11%
B -- Good 9 20.00%
C -- Average 2 4.44%
D -- Poor 0 0%
F -- Failure 2 4.44%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 17th 11, 04:36   #71
vacantlook

Re: EpDis: In The Beginning

I didn't think the system allowed it, but it looks like it happened. Or at least something happened.

On topic, teacake: I too find the defense of Earth in In The Beginning to be a particularly moving moment in Babylon 5. The President's speech, the music, Londo's narration, they're all excellent.
vacantlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd 11, 00:26   #72
RW7427

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacantlook View Post
I didn't think the system allowed it, but it looks like it happened. Or at least something happened.

On topic, teacake: I too find the defense of Earth in In The Beginning to be a particularly moving moment in Babylon 5. The President's speech, the music, Londo's narration, they're all excellent.
Me three!
Old March 22nd 11, 13:58   #73
GKarsEye
First One

Started another re-watch of the series (this time via Netflix Instant).
Decided to do it chronologically within the story, so started with In the Beginning. Just that whole beginning dialogue with Londo and the kids, like "are you the emperor" "sometimes I ask myself the same question" and "what do you want?... he did better with that question than I did."

He talks about stuff that happened! I love that crap.

Last night I watched Parliament of Dreams, and that ridiculous writerly dialogue between Sakai and Sinclair still makes me laugh. Good times.
"Most smart people cannot watch most TV, because it has generally been a condescending medium, explaining everything immediately, offering no ambiguities, and using dialogue that simplifies and mitigates against the idiosyncratic ways in which people in different worlds actually communicate. It eventually requires that characters from different places talk the same way as the viewer. This, of course, sucks." - David Simon
GKarsEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd 15, 03:59   #74
Lennier's Tears
Ambassador

I just watched this one, before starting on Season 5. I just read through the 8 pages of discussion here, and I fear I have nothing to add. A whole bunch of people have already said all the stuff I was thinking: 1. This is my favorite of all the b5 movies. I love seeing the backstory come to life like this, and everything looks really nice. 2. It's great to see what everyone we know from the series was doing during the war, but the bits that put them all together are indeed a bit contrived. 3. The Londo bits are great, as always. 4. The Presiden't speech and everything to do with the Battle of the Line is very moving.

One thing I didn't yet see mentioned in response to Estelyn's post: Robin Atkin Downes didn't come out of nowhere for this movie, he already played that same part in the flashback scenes in Atonement.

Oh, and as for when I watch it, usually right about at this point, after season 4, before season 5.
Lennier's Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th 15, 02:20   #75
RW7427

I love this movie! My favorite by far of all the B5 movies!