B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.world

Old November 6th 13, 12:20   #11
Jan
Psi Cop

Re: B5 Hashtag ( #freeBabylon5 ) on Twitter

Two quick news items. Sadly, despite many of you voting your fingers to the bone, Babylon 5 didn't make it onto the ballot for the People's Choice awards. Thanks to everybody who helped. Let's keep trying to find inventive ways to increase awareness of Babylon 5!

Also, those who get the B5 Books newsletter may already know this but B5 Books announced last night that for the month of November they're extending the debut discount period on the gorgeous B5-20 book AND for each B5-20 sold this month, they're donating $10 to #FreeBabylon5. Woo-Hoo!!
Quote:
ORDER B5-20, HELP #FreeBabylon5

We are extending the $46 off debut discount of B5-20 for the month of November. For every Babylon 5 at Twenty sold during November, we will donate $10 to #FreeBabylon5.
Jan
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th 13, 02:21   #12
Jan
Psi Cop

The new and improved #FreeBabylon5 website is up and running! http://freebabylon5.com/ Many thanks to Ranger Ben Read of Manifold Web Design!! You can read his blog about the site at http://manifold-design.co.uk/post.ph...reebabylon5com

I love the look and I'm proud to be able to point folks to the site now (as opposed to that embarrassing page I originally put up).

Jan
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Old November 9th 13, 10:47   #13
ranger phil
Ranger

think i'm gonna rejoin jms news.... very very nice new #freebabylon5 website.
Old December 9th 13, 15:22   #14
Jan
Psi Cop

All three of the latest ‪#‎FreeBabylon5‬ tee-shirts are now available! Order them to pick up at Space City Con *or* have them shipped!
http://www.freebabylon5tees.org/
Old December 15th 13, 01:38   #15
Jan
Psi Cop

Here it is! It's time to 'get organized and loud', as JMS said back in September.

Support the Thunderclap and send the word out to everyone that you want Babylon 5 back on the air and you want all of your contacts to join us in contacting anybody likely to show Babylon 5 and let them know that we want to #FreeBabylon5!

http://thndr.it/1dBd6c5

Jan
Old December 17th 13, 12:31   #16
KoshN

I sent a Feedback email to Ion-TV asking them to air "Babylon 5" in syndication, since they have a contract with Warner Brothers Domestic TV Distribution. I mentioned the #FreeBabylon5 campaign and website.

Ion-TV
http://iontelevision.com/contact

Here's what I wrote:
==============================
Has Ion-TV ever considered airing the award winning TV series "Babylon 5" (Warner Bros.) in syndication? The Series creator J. Michael Straczynski and #FreeBabyloon5 movement is trying to get back on TV here in the US (It's already back on in the UK.) to expose it to a new audience and hopefully get new Babylon 5 universe projects made. Personally, I'd like to see the "Crusade" (the Babylon 5 spinoff and last good thing made in the Babylon 5 universe) somehow continued.

See http://freebabylon5.com/about/

BTW, WINP-TV is the Pittsburgh (with an h) PA market. I'm watching Psych on it right now.
==============================
Max Eilerson: "The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years. Probably contains hundreds of patents that I could exploit and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit."

Last edited by KoshN; December 17th 13 at 12:36.
KoshN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd 14, 14:14   #17
Endymion
Ranger

Posting this here as well as at JMSNews.com:

Hey everyone, I just want to add my voice to the already loud shout of appreciation for Jan's hard work on this campaign. Doesn't she deserve a BIG shout of praise for her continuing commitment to the #FreeBabylon5 campaign?

It's not easy to organise all this stuff as well as hold down a normal life ... as well as the expense of funding the campaign mostly out of her own pocket.

And I for one wouldn't know how to handle myself in front of many fans at the forthcoming Comic Con.

It's about time we thanked Jan and Jenny plus the other campaign front runners for their determination, massive amount of hard work ... and now sleepless nights to add to that ... in keeping this campaign running!

Way to go, Jan. We're all with you.
Old January 10th 14, 15:52   #18
Jan
Psi Cop

Thanks, Endymion!

Let's do a BIG letter writing push this coming week! A bunch of the folks at the Space City Con last weekend wrote letters while there and I'm mailing them off. Now it's your turn. Targets are the CEO of WB Entertainment and the Chairman of NBC Universal:

Kevin Tsujihara, CEO
Warner Bros. Entertainment
4000 Warner Blvd
Burbank, CA 91505

Bonnie Hammer, Chairman
NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment Group
14th Floor
100 Universal City Plaza
Universal City, CA 91608

Please post here when you've written and mailed your letter!

Jan
Old January 11th 14, 16:51   #19
Jan
Psi Cop

Weekend Sale! http://www.freebabylon5tees.org/ has lowered the price of the #FreeBabylon5 t-shirts still in stock after the Space City con to only $15 until Monday only! Get yours while there's the best selection of sizes and colors available! Remember, proceeds go to benefit Claudia Christian's C Three Foundation.

Jan
Old January 12th 14, 13:06   #20
Jan
Psi Cop

We interrupt this forum for a brief message from Emperor Londo Mollari:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...&stream_ref=10

Have you written your letters yet?

Jan