B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old July 13th 11, 00:17   #81
Demonn
First One

Re: The Dresden Files

I've been waiting so long for Ghost Story I'm going to forget that I'm waiting...
Demonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th 12, 10:06   #82
Demonn
First One

Cold Days comes out November 27th... we're gettin there.
Old September 26th 12, 14:06   #83
KoshN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonn View Post
Cold Days comes out November 27th... we're gettin there.
My copy will soon be pre-ordered.
Max Eilerson: "The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years. Probably contains hundreds of patents that I could exploit and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit."
KoshN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st 12, 18:20   #84
Demonn
First One

The 1st Sample Chapter for Cold Days is online if anybody out their is like me & needs their fix. I kinda enjoyed starting Changes on Chapter 6 when the book came out. Either they didn't post chapters for Ghost Story or I just don't remember reading them.

Chapter 2 comes out November 6th.
Chapter 3 on the 13...
& Chapter 4 will be available on the 20th.

Then the book on the 27th...

[EDIT]... links added.

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4

Last edited by Demonn; November 29th 12 at 17:11.
Old November 28th 12, 04:17   #85
Demonn
First One

So it snows the day Cold Days comes out. I thought that was pretty cool.
Old November 28th 12, 12:22   #86
KoshN

Quote:
So it snows the day Cold Days comes out. I thought that was pretty cool.
Did you get your copy yet? Mine is on the way (ordered on 11/16). BTW, I just rewatched "The Dresden Files" in the Production Order, which is much better than Sci-Fi's order. I wish it had continued, even if it wasn't exactly faithful to the books. However, S1E12 "Second City" was a good ending, for what we got.
Max Eilerson: "The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years. Probably contains hundreds of patents that I could exploit and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit."
Old November 29th 12, 17:01   #87
Demonn
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoshN View Post
Did you get your copy yet? Mine is on the way (ordered on 11/16).
Well, first off... I strategically located myself next to a Barnes & Nobles for Thanksgiving. Then I overstayed my welcome & waited until Tuesday to come home. So of course it had to snow that morning. But yeah, they opened up at 9 & I got in there a little after that... got home & cracked the book open at like 10ish.

I probably could have finished it the same day but I managed to put the book down later in the evening. I was gonna just read a chapter or two today but it sucked me in again & I finished it off this morning.

I have to say... I think it's the best book yet. I won't give out any spoilers but a lot of unanswered questions are finally answered. How often does that happen, right? You find out what's up with Demonreach. You find out more about the Winter & Summer courts... lots of stuff answered, new questions added though.

At first I wasn’t a fan of the twist ending... but after a couple hours it sunk in & grew on me. My problem was I thought it was gonna go one way and then was unhappy when it didn't go that way.

Quote:
BTW, I just rewatched "The Dresden Files" in the Production Order, which is much better than Sci-Fi's order. I wish it had continued, even if it wasn't exactly faithful to the books. However, S1E12 "Second City" was a good ending, for what we got.
I hope they do movies some day... Harry Potter's got nothin' on Dresden..

Last edited by Demonn; November 29th 12 at 17:16.
Old November 30th 12, 20:13   #88
KoshN

Quote:
Quote:
Did you get your copy yet? Mine is on the way (ordered on 11/16).
Well, first off... I strategically located myself next to a Barnes & Nobles for Thanksgiving. Then I overstayed my welcome & waited until Tuesday to come home. So of course it had to snow that morning. But yeah, they opened up at 9 & I got in there a little after that... got home & cracked the book open at like 10ish.

I probably could have finished it the same day but I managed to put the book down later in the evening. I was gonna just read a chapter or two today but it sucked me in again & I finished it off this morning.
I knew it! Truth be told, I bet you put your hand on the book, close your eyes and absorb it. I got sidetracked with catching up with CSI (watched Seasons 1 thru 12 straight through, and now I'm caught up with Season 13.) and Criminal Minds (watched Seasons 5 thru 7 straight through and now I'm caught up with Season 8.) when I was about halfway through Turn Coat, so I'm going to go back and read Turn Coat from the beginning, and then read Changes, Ghost Story, Cold Days and Side Jobs.

My copy and John W. Campbell Jr.'s "Who Goes There?" Seven Tales of Science Fiction arrived today.

Quote:
Quote:
BTW, I just rewatched "The Dresden Files" in the Production Order, which is much better than Sci-Fi's order. I wish it had continued, even if it wasn't exactly faithful to the books. However, S1E12 "Second City" was a good ending, for what we got.
I hope they do movies some day... Harry Potter's got nothin' on Dresden..
Who would you cast in the roles? Maybe they could do one movie per book.
Old November 30th 12, 20:37   #89
Demonn
First One

Quote:
Maybe... Adrien Brody? I'm just throwin' a name out their... he's the right height. Never really thought about it because I'd have no say in the matter anyway. As long as they do the character the way he's supposed to be... maybe with a hat though.

Harry Dresden... "I don't do hats."
Old December 1st 12, 02:25   #90
KoshN

Quote:
Quote:
Maybe... Adrien Brody? I'm just throwin' a name out their... he's the right height. Never really thought about it because I'd have no say in the matter anyway. As long as they do the character the way he's supposed to be... maybe with a hat though.

Harry Dresden... "I don't do hats."
I was happy with Paul Blackthorne as Harry Dresden, but the hockey stick has to go.