B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.world

View Poll Results: The Well Of Forever
A -- Excellent 8 61.54%
B -- Good 3 23.08%
C -- Average 1 7.69%
D -- Poor 0 0%
F -- Failure 1 7.69%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 3rd 07, 22:38   #1
vacantlook

EpDis: Crusade: The Well Of Forever

Lurker's Guide page for The Well Of Forever
vacantlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th 07, 21:15   #2
KoshN

Re: EpDis: Crusade: The Well Of Forever

Initially, I wasn't happy that they didn't find anything medically useful, but the more I watch this, the more I like it, for its character moments.

'A'
Max Eilerson: "The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years. Probably contains hundreds of patents that I could exploit and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit."
KoshN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th 07, 18:15   #3
Clark Kent
Lurker

This episode and "Path of Sorrows" are among my favorite from the short run of Crusade because they get to the emotional core of the characters. In this case, Galen.
Clark Kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th 07, 21:06   #4
KoshN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
This episode and "Path of Sorrows" are among my favorite from the short run of Crusade because they get to the emotional core of the characters. In this case, Galen.
"The Path of Sorrows" is also a favorite of mine, and the one TNT absolutely hated.

Don't know if you're aware of this, but:

Racing the Night
The Needs of Earth
The Memory of War
and
The Long Road

...Polls are also up. It's just that the "Default Thread Age Cut Off" in
http://www.b5tv.com/profile.php?do=editoptions doesn't go far back enough to show 'em.

I changed mine to "Show all threads"

The "Racing the Night" poll is the earliest one and was started April 27th.
Max Eilerson: "The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years. Probably contains hundreds of patents that I could exploit and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit."
Old September 15th 12, 12:07   #5
Alioth
Commander

In the Technomage Trilogy, the Well of Forever was given as the place of origin for Technomage "tech". We later find out in the books that
Spoiler for Technomage Trilogy:
the "tech" comes from the Shadows, and we also see a scene near the end where Galen witnesses a chrysalis being manufactured on Z'ha'dum from the live body of a captive Minbari--supposedly revealing that the tech is made from the nervous systems of sentient beings, right there on Z'ha'dum.
So it surprised me that this "Well of Forever" was someplace else entirely, unless I missed something in the books.
Alioth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th 12, 23:19   #6
KoshN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alioth View Post
In the Technomage Trilogy, the Well of Forever was given as the place of origin for Technomage "tech".
Hmmm, I don't remember THAT, and that's something that I WOULD remember. Care to cite the book and page #?
Old September 17th 12, 14:26   #7
Sindatur
Techno-mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoshN View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alioth View Post
In the Technomage Trilogy, the Well of Forever was given as the place of origin for Technomage "tech".
Hmmm, I don't remember THAT, and that's something that I WOULD remember. Care to cite the book and page #?
Ditto, I thought it was just me, and I was feeling incompetent for not remembering anything about that

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th 12, 16:36   #8
A_M_Swallow
First One

I remember the Well of Forever as a burial place that answered questions rather than the source of Technomage "Tech".
Old September 27th 12, 07:55   #9
KoshN

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_M_Swallow View Post
I remember the Well of Forever as a burial place that answered questions rather than the source of Technomage "Tech".
That was just Galen's ruse for getting to go there in the Excalibur, a ruse that disappointed Gideon. Remember their exchange in the gym near the end?
Old September 30th 12, 14:02   #10
Galahad
First One

Send a message via MSN to Galahad Send a message via Yahoo to Galahad Send a message via Skype™ to Galahad

It's this episode and The Needs of Earth that give me the impression that Matheson was bending the rules with his telepathic ability and using them for benevolent purposes. His exchange with Galen concerning Isabelle seems to point to this.

The case for this?

1. Telepathic ability is increased in hyperspace
2. Telepaths can pick up emotions more easily without gloves anyway.
3. Telepaths pick strong emotions up more easily and don't need to go poking around for them.

Galen's emotions must have been running strong given his entire reason for being where he was (and his reaction to Matheson's attempt to be spontaneously kind show this).

Are we expected to believe Matheson just happened to randomly stumble upon that strange subspace message... or is it not far more likely that he went looking for it in response tgo a need he saw in Galen?

I think we see the same motive at play with his exchange with Natchok Var. Matheson knew exactly what was going to happen (knowing the thoughts of both Var and his pursuers), and yet held back from acting on that information because he also knew that Var was accepting his fate as the best course of action in achieving his goal... hence the exchanged look between the two before Var leaves.

"We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth."

Visit NiCK'S SANCTUARY
Galahad is offline   Reply With Quote