B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.world

View Poll Results: Rumors, Bargains and Lies
A -- Excellent 19 76.00%
B -- Good 4 16.00%
C -- Average 1 4.00%
D -- Poor 0 0%
F -- Failure 1 4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 15th 12, 21:18   #11
Galahad
First One

Send a message via MSN to Galahad Send a message via Yahoo to Galahad Send a message via Skype™ to Galahad
Re: EpDis: Between The Darkness And The Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alioth View Post
I kind of thought that the place they were holding Sheridan, the biggest fish they ever caught, would have been much more heavily guarded--or that he would have been transferred to Earth much sooner after his capture (they had him on Mars for a week or so already). But thank God for the arrogance or whatever it was on Earthgov's part that made it fairly easy to spring him.
Mars at this point is the power base for Psi Corps... who are Clarke's "allies". I can well imagine Bester pulling a few strings to keep him on Mars so that Psi Corps could eventually play with him.

"We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth."

Visit NiCK'S SANCTUARY
Galahad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th 12, 20:53   #12
JoeD80
Commander

Quote:
But thank God for the arrogance or whatever it was on Earthgov's part that made it fairly easy to spring him.
They didn't think Garibaldi was much of a security risk since he's the one who turned Sheridan in.
JoeD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st 12, 10:24   #13
Alioth
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeD80 View Post
Quote:
But thank God for the arrogance or whatever it was on Earthgov's part that made it fairly easy to spring him.
They didn't think Garibaldi was much of a security risk since he's the one who turned Sheridan in.
Yeah, but I meant the fact that he was not under heavier security, let alone moved to Earth, to guard against rescue by anyone (such as the Mars resistance). But Galahad had a point that PsiCorps had a (secret) stronghold at Syria Planum (not sure if that's where his holding facility was) on Mars, so that may be why they had him there. But Garibaldi did suspect (or had heard) that they would move him to Earth soon, where a rescue would be all but impossible--which sort of supports my point that Earth would be a more secure place to hold their most prized prisoner.
Alioth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th 12, 04:22   #14
Teep Trick
Ranger

This may be reaching, a fanwank, but maybe the underground tunnels led them far enough beneath and to the part of the facility where Sheridan was being held to get past most of the heavier outer security...

hmmm, so how come my signature doesn't show up at the bottom of my posts?

_

signature here.....

Last edited by Teep Trick; July 24th 12 at 05:48.
Teep Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st 15, 01:18   #15
Lennier's Tears
Ambassador

I like this episode a lot. It has so much really great stuff going on in it, and also some REALLY sad stuff. Aside from the obvious sad ending, I'm always sad when I see Ivanova and Marcus interacting here, because it's the last time we get to see that

The Mars resistance bit with Garibaldi is pretty tense stuff. Number 1 wasn't just ready to shoot him and be done with it, she had already pulled the trigger. Close call there, and very fortunate that Lyta has some Vorlon superpowers now.

I like the Sheridan rescue stuff. It's pretty exciting. The "I'm going to sue somebody" bit is cringetastic indeed, but everything else is pretty good. I also enjoy "Michael, I was going to kick your butt for something but I don't remember what". I find it amusing that "butt" is apparently the strongest word Sheridan can come up with in that situation

Interesting that the League of Non-Aligned worlds has un-buffooned to come to Sheridan's aid. Good for them.

The continuing fight for Earth stuff is all great. Those Shadow technology Earth destroyers look creepy as hell. The White Star fleet looks cool as ever. I'll never tire of watching them maneuver like that.

Sad, sad ending
Lennier's Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th 15, 05:43   #16
Mororless
Ranger

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeD80 View Post
Quote:
Yeah, but I meant the fact that he was not under heavier security, let alone moved to Earth, to guard against rescue by anyone (such as the Mars resistance). But Galahad had a point that PsiCorps had a (secret) stronghold at Syria Planum (not sure if that's where his holding facility was) on Mars, so that may be why they had him there. But Garibaldi did suspect (or had heard) that they would move him to Earth soon, where a rescue would be all but impossible--which sort of supports my point that Earth would be a more secure place to hold their most prized prisoner.
I always got the sense that the reason he was kept on Mars was because it allowed Clark or the Corp to keep a much tighter lid on things. On earth you could argue there would be a strong possibility the military would want to get involved or elements of the justice system Clark didn't fully control. If that happened the degree of torture/brain washing Clark was using would not have been possible plus Sheridan might get the chance to state his case to others who might be turned to his cause.

The Ivanova scenes are I think interesting in that in light of what happens afterwards there not entirely positive. She doesn't really have a "political" fall the way G'Kar and Londo do due to her dwelling on hate of the enemy but I think it follows Lorien's "its easy to find something worth dying for, do you have anything worth living for?" in how it reflects on the way she treats Marcus who is clearly somewhat alarmed at her.

Last edited by Mororless; March 8th 15 at 10:20.
Mororless is offline   Reply With Quote