B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.world

View Poll Results: Some Something about Things of Some thing
A -- Excellent 37 94.87%
B -- Good 2 5.13%
C -- Average 0 0%
D -- Poor 0 0%
F -- Failure 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 13th 12, 21:16   #51
babylonfan
Ranger

Re: EpDis: The Fall Of Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alioth View Post
Vorlons were generally responsible for the emergence of telepaths in at least most of the younger races (although I think it was said to be "all" of them that had them, but I'm not sure). Were there naturally-evolved exceptions in some races? Otherwise, the Vorlons did alter them, in that way.
Weren't the Drakh also telepathic? No cross species, but between themselves? Or was that more a Techno-mage electron-incantation style form of communcation? That is, more technological then genetic / evolutionary?
babylonfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th 12, 19:29   #52
JoeD80
Commander

Quote:
They didn't seem to be idealistically inclined one way or another, but lived almost strictly for their own pleasures and ambitions--which would probably make them easy pickings for Shadow manipulation, without any direct worship per se (or even awareness of them).
My impression is that the Centauri weren't involved with the Shadows or Vorlons prior to the time of B5. Morden talking to Londo was their first contact with them. It was an advantage for the Shadows that the enemy Londo had was the race without telepaths.

Quote:
And the Centauri had telepaths--and Vorlons were generally responsible for the emergence of telepaths in at least most of the younger races (although I think it was said to be "all" of them that had them, but I'm not sure).
In dialogue, I'm pretty sure that we only ever hear that the Vorlons created human telepaths. There is the scene in "Secrets of the Soul" when Byron picks up Lyta's memories of the Vorlon homeworld that shows some other species but I can't recall which ones.
JoeD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th 12, 14:51   #53
Jan
Psi Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeD80 View Post
In dialogue, I'm pretty sure that we only ever hear that the Vorlons created human telepaths. There is the scene in "Secrets of the Soul" when Byron picks up Lyta's memories of the Vorlon homeworld that shows some other species but I can't recall which ones.
In "Secrets of the Soul" Byron said:

Quote:
They created telepaths on a hundred
worlds. Interfered with their
genetic development. Took people
from their homeworlds and adjusted
them over the course of centuries.
...so I suppose he got that from Lyta's memory of being in the tank. What I've never decided is whether that was actually Lyta's memory - when they added her gills, perhaps - or whehter it was similar to what she experienced when she scanned Kosh in "The Gathering" and was projecting herself into another person's memories.

Jan
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th 12, 20:10   #54
JoeD80
Commander

Oh I forgot that speech from Byron. I haven't quite made it up to the fifth season in my current run-through.

I was thinking that those were Lyta's actual memories of when the Vorlons made modifications to her to increase her powers.
JoeD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd 15, 00:45   #55
Lennier's Tears
Ambassador

This is a fantastic season-ending episode. There's so much good stuff in it.

The Kosh reveal is the big one, I suppose. I still get excited about it every time. It's most exciting when I'm watching with someone new to B5, but even just by myself, it's a good time Ten years after this thread's discussion of whether Sheridan's hair moved, wind speed, and whether that scene looked wrong .. I don't have much to add, other than that in 2015 it most certainly does look wrong. Unless perhaps Kosh is using some telekinetic power to hold Sheridan up, instead of physically holding him by the arms ...

I love the Frederick Lantz visit! He's so kindly and grandfatherly and everyone believes things are going to go well, and then he does the opposite of what everyone expects! "We will at last know peace in our time!" A nice example of doing the wrong thing for the right reasons, and perfectly realistic. Nothing is ever simply black and white in Babylon 5, and that's why it's great.

Welles and the nightwatch are great, too (why does he look so familiar??? Oh, right, Neroon). They are getting less subtle, and more creepy.

Keffer and the Shadow ship .. Very creepy and ominous. A great ending for the episode. I have a minor quibble with it, in that Keffer ejected the recording before the Shadow ship fired at him, yet the shooting part is included in the video. Maybe it was still recording as it was ejected, and only stopped when the connection between it and the starfury was broken when it exploded?
Lennier's Tears is offline   Reply With Quote