• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The Walking Dead

GKarsEye

Regular
AMC, which has replaced HBO as the place to find groundbreaking original programming (Mad Men, Breaking Bad), is premiering a series about zombies this weekend. There is nothing about that I don't like.

Greatly looking forward to it, and wondering how they're gonna make it work as a series.

I understand it's a 6 episode series to begin with, and has an eye toward being renewed for more episodes

Only 6? For some reason I was under the impression they were gonna try to make this a flagship show, now that their two marquee series are on break.
Oh well that's fine, that's how they do it in Britain, and I prefer their method.

It was a pleasant surprise of a show. I decided to watch it more out of curiosity, not out of a drive (don't know much about the comic / characters)

Within 10 minutes, I was drawn in ... paying more attention to it than most shows that have been watching this year. Looking forward to see where they take it, but thus far, the production and characters are really well done.

This is shaping up to be one of my favorite new shows of the season ... who said Vampires are all the craze these days?

(granted, I guess pus faced zombies are not as attractive ... )

Curious to know what others thought, especially anyone who knows the actually world they are basing it off.

S.

Meant to watch this live, but AT&T U-Verse doesn't have AMC HD yet, so I'm downloading. Plan to watch the first two episodes tonight. I've heard good things and I love zombie movies.

I saw the premiere and loved it. Looking forward to getting back home Friday and checking out the second one.

The good news that it has already been renewed for a 13 episode second season ... pretty reassuring for only 2 episodes being aired thus far :)

(note: second episode is keeping it going strong)

2nd episode was fun but my goodness did they rely on every cliche and expected stereotype and turn of events.

For me, The Walking Dead is similar to the one other weekly hour-long show I watch: Boardwalk Empire, in that they are very well produced, visually excellent and fun genre pieces, but nothing more.

However, The Walking Dead is based on a popular comic series that I have not read but has a reputation for being about more than just blasting zombies, so there are some great possibilities.

Finally watched this show... got 4 episodes under my belt but now I have no idea how I'm gonna watch the last two.

2nd Season here we go... I hope nobody missed the first ep.
It was good, but, probably would've been better if it had been only an hour.

Amazing Ratings too, broke a 9 year record for 18-35, 25-49 demos, and got 7.3Million, which is unheard of for Cable.

Yeah... I would of been ok with an hour too.

loved the ep until it got to the end. I actually yelled... WTF! Everybody in the house was lookin' at me. Or asking "what?" like I was trying to talk to them through walls.

I lost symapthy for Andrea in this one, Dale has saved her several times now, and wants to adopt her and father her, she was wrong to be so abusive. I can forgive her easily, if she realizes what she's doing (She doesn't have to admit it, just be nicer) I like the short haired actress, from the Mist (the mother of the missing girl?).

Darryl, last season, he was mostly too abrasive and I wanted to see him eaten, but, I really loved him in this episode being a team player. Darryl is one of my favorite characters now, and he was real near the bottom most of last season.

I really liked Glen throughout S1, hope he gets some time up front next week

I think they're spending too much time in one spot... just have the confrontation at the farm, kill all the zombies, & move on.

I missed it... kinda lost interest & then watched Hell on Wheels instead. I was gonna tape it but then I figured I'll watch it some other time since they play the $h!t out of the Walking Dead. It'll be on again. I take it they had their confrontation then?

I missed it... kinda lost interest & then watched Hell on Wheels instead. I was gonna tape it but then I figured I'll watch it some other time since they play the $h!t out of the Walking Dead. It'll be on again. I take it they had their confrontation then?
I will only say that you won't need to ask that question, once you've watched it. And... avoid spoilers, one in particular is a real bummer to to have spoiled before seeing the episode.

Season two has been all over the place. They had their "Little House on the Prairie" thing going on, but there were some excellent plot threads as well, and WOW what a way to hit the mid-season finale! Very well done!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back