B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old October 28th 10, 14:49   #1
GKarsEye
First One

The Walking Dead

AMC, which has replaced HBO as the place to find groundbreaking original programming (Mad Men, Breaking Bad), is premiering a series about zombies this weekend. There is nothing about that I don't like.
"Most smart people cannot watch most TV, because it has generally been a condescending medium, explaining everything immediately, offering no ambiguities, and using dialogue that simplifies and mitigates against the idiosyncratic ways in which people in different worlds actually communicate. It eventually requires that characters from different places talk the same way as the viewer. This, of course, sucks." - David Simon
GKarsEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th 10, 15:46   #2
Sindatur
Techno-mage

Re: The Walking Dead

Greatly looking forward to it, and wondering how they're gonna make it work as a series.

I understand it's a 6 episode series to begin with, and has an eye toward being renewed for more episodes

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th 10, 13:19   #3
GKarsEye
First One

Only 6? For some reason I was under the impression they were gonna try to make this a flagship show, now that their two marquee series are on break.
Oh well that's fine, that's how they do it in Britain, and I prefer their method.
"Most smart people cannot watch most TV, because it has generally been a condescending medium, explaining everything immediately, offering no ambiguities, and using dialogue that simplifies and mitigates against the idiosyncratic ways in which people in different worlds actually communicate. It eventually requires that characters from different places talk the same way as the viewer. This, of course, sucks." - David Simon
Old November 3rd 10, 16:17   #4
snockit
Commander

It was a pleasant surprise of a show. I decided to watch it more out of curiosity, not out of a drive (don't know much about the comic / characters)

Within 10 minutes, I was drawn in ... paying more attention to it than most shows that have been watching this year. Looking forward to see where they take it, but thus far, the production and characters are really well done.

This is shaping up to be one of my favorite new shows of the season ... who said Vampires are all the craze these days?

(granted, I guess pus faced zombies are not as attractive ... )

Curious to know what others thought, especially anyone who knows the actually world they are basing it off.

S.
snockit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd 10, 17:33   #5
GKarsEye
First One

Great pilot! Exactly what I expected and hoped for.
Old November 8th 10, 22:32   #6
Recoil
First One

Meant to watch this live, but AT&T U-Verse doesn't have AMC HD yet, so I'm downloading. Plan to watch the first two episodes tonight. I've heard good things and I love zombie movies.
Old November 9th 10, 00:26   #7
Sindatur
Techno-mage

I saw the premiere and loved it. Looking forward to getting back home Friday and checking out the second one.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th 10, 16:59   #8
snockit
Commander

The good news that it has already been renewed for a 13 episode second season ... pretty reassuring for only 2 episodes being aired thus far

(note: second episode is keeping it going strong)
snockit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th 10, 15:04   #9
GKarsEye
First One

2nd episode was fun but my goodness did they rely on every cliche and expected stereotype and turn of events.

For me, The Walking Dead is similar to the one other weekly hour-long show I watch: Boardwalk Empire, in that they are very well produced, visually excellent and fun genre pieces, but nothing more.

However, The Walking Dead is based on a popular comic series that I have not read but has a reputation for being about more than just blasting zombies, so there are some great possibilities.
Old January 5th 11, 00:48   #10
Demonn
First One

Finally watched this show... got 4 episodes under my belt but now I have no idea how I'm gonna watch the last two.
Demonn is offline   Reply With Quote