B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.world

View Poll Results: Keep Chapel
A -- Excellent 11 17.19%
B -- Good 33 51.56%
C -- Average 20 31.25%
D -- Poor 0 0%
F -- Failure 0 0%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 22nd 09, 22:42   #71
vacantlook

Re: EpDis: The Gathering

It's interesting to think of the events of "The Gathering" in light of the information we gained from jms in the bonus 15th scriptbook.

Spoiler for :
From the information gained in the narrative write-up that jms did about where the show was going with Sinclair as the main character, written back before Michael O'Hare left the show, the assassination attempt on Kosh stands in a different light.

The original planned finale for Babylon 5 was that the station was going to be destroyed by the Minbari. The Minbari warrior caste had overthrown the Grey Council and were in control of the Minbari government, and they were going to attack and destroy the station.

In The Gathering, Delenn says that the assassin belonged to a certain group from within the warrior caste; my guess is that he was a part of the same group that was going to spearhead the overthrow the Grey Council and lead the Minbari to destroy the station. I imagine that group was the Windswords, which Lennier identifies as the group that supported Deathwalker.
vacantlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd 09, 22:42   #72
Alexa
Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhorse View Post
Oh and welcome Alexa
Thank-you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhorse View Post
Well Markas should stop being so lazy and use his mod powers for good for a change and bloody edit them to the correct episode

Too busy talking cock with Cilli more than likely
Old April 22nd 09, 22:49   #73
Alexa
Ambassador

"It's interesting to think of the events of "The Gathering" in light of the information we gained from jms in the bonus 15th scriptbook.'

(I deleted the spoiler as it was showing in it`s entirety in the quote)

Thanks vacantlook. this does explain where they were going with that. I immediately thought Windswords when the 'group from within the Warrior Caste' was mentioned. I expected further dialogue going in that direction, but it didn`t happen.

Last edited by Alexa; April 23rd 09 at 01:51. Reason: punctuation
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th 09, 05:03   #74
A_M_Swallow
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa View Post
I am watching The Gathering now, and I have a question...or really more of a puzzled observation. When Kosh`s ship is docking at the station, control of his ship is turned over to C&C. Yet later in the series much is made of how big a mystery his 'living ship' is. So, how did they control and dock it?
{snip}
I just assume that the B5 computer sent the spaceship Golden Shot type commands - up a bit, left a bit, forward, faster and stop. The spaceship's own computer would work out how the instruction was obeyed and may be able to veto it. The instructions may even be in a standardised protocol, there are plenty of other spacestations around.
Old May 14th 10, 18:59   #75
Estelyn
Commander

One detail that I hadn't previously noticed and that actually caused a double-take was the presence of Ed Wasser (aka Mr. Morden) near the end of the pilot. He's one of the crew (I'm not sure whether military or civilian tech) that helps to stabilize the station after it has been put out of whack by the bomb!
Old May 14th 10, 19:06   #76
KoshFan
Soul Hunter

Yup! Two totally distinct characters, and the similarity is never explained. After that they usually just went with putting the same actor in different alien masks.

If you listen closely, you can hear very familiar voices at times: Ombuds Wellington from Season 1 is G'Kar's uncle in Season 2, and Wayne Alexander (Sebastian) turns up in two other very different roles... finally there were the "B5 Rep Company" actors, who played literally dozens of different aliens. Part of the reason all the Drazi sound the same is that Kim Strauss played most of them.

The Generous Grasp
KoshFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th 10, 19:55   #77
Jan
Psi Cop

Oddly enough for a character with so few lines, Ed Wasser's character had a name in 'The Gathering', Guerra. When I had him sign some scripts for me a while back, he was careful to note "Guerra" on the Gathering script and "Morden" on the others. I thought that was cool.

Jan
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th 10, 20:04   #78
Estelyn
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoshFan View Post
Two totally distinct characters, and the similarity is never explained.
I'm reminded of the actress who plays the doctor on Crusade and had a very different role in - was it CtA? JMS' commmentary explained that they were perhaps twin sisters. So perhaps Morden is the evil twin?
Old May 14th 10, 21:29   #79
KoshFan
Soul Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
Oddly enough for a character with so few lines, Ed Wasser's character had a name in 'The Gathering', Guerra. When I had him sign some scripts for me a while back, he was careful to note "Guerra" on the Gathering script and "Morden" on the others. I thought that was cool.

Jan
So few lines? Doesn't he say, "On it!" and that's the last we hear from him? That's not a line, that's not even three syllables!

Very cool about Guerra, though.

The best Ed Wasser story I ever heard was when he walked into a store, and the man behind the counter said, "What do you want?" Wasser gave him his order -- and the man said, "But what do you want?"

The Generous Grasp
KoshFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th 10, 07:03   #80
Jade Jaguar
First One

That's a good one, alright!
Benjamin Franklin 1775

"I know that the hypnotized never lie... Do ya?"
Pete Townshend 1971

FREE LEONARD PELTIER
Jade Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote