B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.world

View Poll Results: A Call To Arms
A -- Excellent 19 57.58%
B -- Good 12 36.36%
C -- Average 2 6.06%
D -- Poor 0 0%
F -- Failure 0 0%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 3rd 10, 21:53   #51
Battlestar
Ranger

Re: EpDis: A Call To Arms

I enjoyed the movie ALOT. IMHO it only trails In The Beginning in quality.
Battlestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th 10, 23:40   #52
Republibot 3.0
Psi Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlestar View Post
I enjoyed the movie ALOT. IMHO it only trails In The Beginning in quality.
I prefered it to In The Beginning, myself.
Republibot 3.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th 10, 23:45   #53
Republibot 3.0
Psi Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Roon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoshFan View Post
Techno can have a soul, however; a small, simple, and extremely repetitive soul, but a soul.
Haha, I know this is an old post, but I am always incredulous at people's talk about "techno." As a trance, house, electro and progressive house DJ and long-time electronica fan I find that electronic music can contain so many different emotions, just like any other form of music. Electronic music is not so repetitive... Well it depends on the genre; house is pretty repetitive because it's meant purely for dancing, but trance is all about evolution and progression.

Tell me this piece doesn't stir up any emotion in you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iomMFeVirHg

What about this one?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJiRpWMvx90

And this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOrAlPE18mg

And finally probably the most beautiful song I have ever heard:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bto5T0bAuWE

It is not music for androids; it is for humans, it is for dancing and listening to and emotional connection. Give it a chance before you judge it.
"he knew that there were those people who would always treat any attempt to create beauty as a personal attack." -- The Art Of Noise, 1999
Republibot 3.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th 15, 04:13   #54
Lennier's Tears
Ambassador

I just watched this for the first time in years. Many years! I don't always make it to the movies during my Babylon 5 re-watches, and if I do, I don't necessarily watch all of them. I can't say how long it's been since I watched A Call to Arms, exactly, but it was almost like watching it with new eyes. I've also still not watched Crusade, but that's up next

As a movie, I like this alright. I certainly like it a lot better than The River of Souls, but not as much as In the Beginning.

Re: Sheridan's hair and/or beard ... Doesn't remotely bother me. A man can change his hair/facial hair ... And I think he looks good with that particular combination (unlike that weird, almost mullet he had going on in the weeks leading up to Z'Ha'Dum. )

Re: The music ... Yea, I can see why that's controversial. When I watched this movie before, it didn't bother me. But when I watched today, it kept throwing me off. I kept thinking I heard an old-school cellphone go off, or some alarm or something. To be fair, I often have issues where I can't tell if something is supposed to be in the movie or the soundtrack ... Although I don't think that even happened on Babylon 5.

The effects are pretty good on this, I thought. There's a few less than perfect scenes ... The outdoor scenes for one. They're just a bit better than the Star Trek foam rocks we were just discussing in some other thread (I'd link but I don't recall which thread). There's a bit somewhere, where Sheridan taps a console, and it sort of moves, like the plastic that it is. But, the space stuff looks nice! And hey, new ships.

For the story, I think my main (minor, so minor) issue is with how everyone reacts when Sheridan first gets that message. Especially Garibaldi, who is SO paranoid and suspicious of everything. That same trick was used on him, and yet he just lets it go when Sheridan mysteriously stares at a blank screen for 20 minutes?

Also, a question about another minor detail: Two guys on the Excalibur bridge are wearing glasses. What's the deal with that? Enhanced console vision?

That's it for now ... I'm sure I'll be back when I think of other stuff ....