B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old April 13th 09, 17:22   #61
Demonn
First One

Re: The Dresden Files

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoshN View Post
Well, like I said, he's used his sword cane before. He also tried to use Amoracchius that one time (bad idea).
The sword cane is mentioned and slightly used in Turn Coat... not by Harry though. I like how he never even picked up a sword in the book and yet there he is... holding one..... on the cover. Hmmm...

The cover to Small Favor shows him holding a single action revolver too... pretty sure his 44 isn't THAT old.

& I don't think he's ever worn a hat... yet he's wearing one on every cover. It looks cool... but that's not how he rolls. Trench coat yes, staff yes, 44 occasionally. No cowboy hat though. He wore cowboy boots in a couple books though.

The guy who does the cover needs to get his $hit together.
Demonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th 09, 05:26   #62
KoshN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonn View Post
Well I spent how many months telling people I was waiting for this book so when it came out I took off & everybody I know had enough good sense to leave me the &^@! alone till I finished it. My nephew was a little annoying but I can't blame him for being a kid.

"What are you doing?"
"Reading."

"What are you doing?"
"Reading..."

"What are you doing?"
"READING!"

"What are you doing?"
"READING!!!"

"What are you doing?"
"I'm READING!!!!!"

"WHY?"
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
Max Eilerson: "The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years. Probably contains hundreds of patents that I could exploit and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit."
KoshN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th 09, 05:33   #63
KoshN

Quote:
The sword cane is mentioned and slightly used in Turn Coat... not by Harry though. I like how he never even picked up a sword in the book and yet there he is... holding one..... on the cover. Hmmm...
Like I said, a tease for those of us who are expecting Warden Harry to get a freaking sword!

Quote:
The cover to Small Favor shows him holding a single action revolver too... pretty sure his 44 isn't THAT old.
Well, you could buy a Ruger Single Action 44 today, but you'tre right, it wouldn't look as old as the one pictured on the cover. That looks Civil War era.

Quote:
& I don't think he's ever worn a hat... yet he's wearing one on every cover. It looks cool... but that's not how he rolls. Trench coat yes, staff yes, 44 occasionally. No cowboy hat though. He wore cowboy boots in a couple books though.
Hasn't he worn a Cubs hat as part of a disguise, or maybe I'm thinking of Murph.

Quote:
The guy who does the cover needs to get his $hit together.
TRUE! Well, at least the glowing runes on his staff are the right color.
Max Eilerson: "The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years. Probably contains hundreds of patents that I could exploit and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit."
Old October 3rd 09, 05:14   #64
Demonn
First One

I'm liking the new covor.
Old April 5th 10, 05:00   #65
Demonn
First One

Changes comes out Teusday for those of you reading the books... the first 4 chapters are also available online if anybody wants to check it out.
Old April 5th 10, 12:20   #66
KoshN

Quote:
I'm liking the new covor.
Whoa! We actually see his face (frontal 3/4 view) on a cover?!

Thanks for the heads-up about the release.
Old April 5th 10, 22:42   #67
KoshN

Ordered it from Amazon at 8:22 AM today 4/5 and got it for the pre-order price of $9.99 (hardcover).

Shipped at 6:18PM today.

Last edited by KoshN; April 6th 10 at 02:44.
Old April 7th 10, 23:06   #68
Demonn
First One

& i just finished it today... had a to be continued ending so be warned. It better be a to be continued episede anyway...

And I remember complaining before about how on every cover Harry Dresden is wearing a hat... which he never wears in the books. He actually says in Changes... "I don't do hats"
Old April 8th 10, 00:20   #69
KoshN

Quote:
& i just finished it today.
It came out yesterday, you finished it today, and I haven't even gotten it yet!

Quote:
.. had a to be continued ending so be warned. It better be a to be continued episede
book

Quote:
....anyway...
Damn! No wrap up, ....a cliffhanger? Heh, by the time I get to it and read it, maybe the next one will be out.

Quote:
And I remember complaining before about how on every cover Harry Dresden is wearing a hat... which he never wears in the books. He actually says in Changes... "I don't do hats"
I don't think he ever wore one in the TV show, either. Not sure about the comics or graphic novel.

I never used to wear hats unless it was -20degF and windy. Babylon 5 and Crusade changed that. Most days, I wear my Crusade ballcap, and nobody knows what "Crusade" is (was). People have actually asked. The rest of the time I wear my "Babylon 5" ballcaps, and almost nobody knows it, either.
Old April 10th 10, 01:46   #70
Demonn
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoshN View Post
Damn! No wrap up, ....a cliffhanger? Heh, by the time I get to it and read it, maybe the next one will be out.
Yep... cliffhanger... to be continued at a later date I guess.

Changes really was an good title for the book... everything changed. By the time you get to the end you're left with, "what happens next?"