B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.FAQ

Old January 2nd 10, 17:28   #31
Kara Baxter
Telepath

Re: What order to see it all in?

i actually like the idea of John and Delenn living happily ever after. and b5 going on forever.

not FULL STOP.

watching delenn hug her pillow always makes me cry.
Kara Baxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th 10, 18:34   #32
Recoil
First One

KoshN,

I'm sure you have answered this before, but why the change in the Season 1 viewing order? I saw you moved TKO and Legacies to the end of Season 1. Was there a reason for this? I always thought the DVD order was "as it should have been".
Old January 11th 10, 00:03   #33
KoshN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
KoshN,

I'm sure you have answered this before, but why the change in the Season 1 viewing order? I saw you moved TKO and Legacies to the end of Season 1. Was there a reason for this? I always thought the DVD order was "as it should have been".
It's just the Master List order on The Lurker's Guide.
http://www.midwinter.com/lurk/countr...er/eplist.html
...and the justification for that order is given there.

I haven't watched B5 all the way through in years, though not for lack of trying. I've started several times but never make it out of Season 1 There are just too many distractions, work, the need for sleep, other shows (currently watching "Castle" S1 on DVD, "Reaper" S2 on DVD via Netflix, and trying to get caught up with my "Supernatural" Season 5 timer-recorded tapes before it starts back up with new episodes on Jan. 21). I'm just saying that I'm a little rusty on B5 right now, and the reasons for the changes in the order are minor and I can't remember any specifics related to exactly why "TKO" and "Legacies" should air where the Master List has them.

From http://www.midwinter.com/lurk/countr...er/eplist.html
"Due to production constraints and other factors, several episodes during the run of the series were delayed, shown later in the sequence than originally intended. The effect isn't major in most cases, but there are minor things that make more sense if the episodes are viewed in the intended order. JMS has given the ordering for seasons one and two his blessing."

Sorry, but without rewatching it all right now, that's the best I can do, and I can practically feel the cellphone getting ready to call me to work, and I still haven't eaten (Zapping something right now.) and no coffee is made. Since Jan. 2nd, about all I do is work, sleep, and get called back out to work, and eat on the fly (when I remember to eat.). Your question is more for someone who is rewatching B5 S1 right now, someone for whom the nuances would be apparent because it's all fresh in their mind.
Max Eilerson: "The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years. Probably contains hundreds of patents that I could exploit and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit."

Last edited by KoshN; January 11th 10 at 01:32.
KoshN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th 10, 00:58   #34
KoshFan
Soul Hunter

Legacies makes much more sense if it comes after "Babylon Squared," since Delenn uses the triluminary to stun the guards. I don't know of anything pertinent in TKO off the top of my head, though.

The Generous Grasp
KoshFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th 10, 04:15   #35
Recoil
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoshFan View Post
Legacies makes much more sense if it comes after "Babylon Squared," since Delenn uses the triluminary to stun the guards. I don't know of anything pertinent in TKO off the top of my head, though.
TKO there is just the reference by Walker Smith for Garabaldi to "watch his back" which of course looms large in Chrysalis. So I guess having it right before Chrysalis makes it easier for people to remember it, instead of about 7 episodes earlier....but its not crucial. In fact, it seems odd to me that Susan's "funeral" for her father would take almost 18 episodes (almost a year in B5 time) to happen. Where TKO was originally placed, it was only about 8-9 episodes, so perhaps a few months --- which is what I think the Rabbi states anyway.

So I sort of think TKO should stay where it is...but I guess it doesnt matter really either way.

The same could be said for Legacies. Its a case of either the Triluminary being first shown in that episode, or in Babylon Squared. Not sure which is better....not sure if it matters.

I guess I'm luke warm on either of them. They are fine where they are, or are fine in the "Master" list.
Old January 11th 10, 16:43   #36
KoshFan
Soul Hunter

Using the triluminary before she's given it kinda grates on me. I guess I'm just weirdly linear that way...

The Generous Grasp
KoshFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th 10, 17:36   #37
Recoil
First One

Oh, I don't remember when she is "given" it. Perhaps thats why it didnt seem to matter. Which episode is she given the Trilum? I thought she had it the whole time. Guess Ill find out on this watch through...
Old January 23rd 10, 00:53   #38
Kara Baxter
Telepath

I think you should watch babylon squared and the other one that goes with it...
Old February 12th 10, 13:59   #39
XRogue
Commander

I just run thru em in the order on the discs. Too lazy to switch em up I guess.
XRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th 10, 05:31   #40
Raw Shark
Commander

Kara, I can't agree. One can watch Sleeping In Light, and still live in denial for many years afterward

Raw Shark

"Never sneak up on a man who's been in a chemical fire."
Ian McShane, Hot Rod
Raw Shark is offline   Reply With Quote