B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.world

Old December 17th 09, 22:00   #11
fisheggs
Techno-mage

Re: Specific Stuff You'd Like JMS To Answer

I'm curious how much Vorlon and Shadow influence played in the younger races. We know the Vorlon "snatched" Jack the Ripper, well before spaceflight became a "reality" on Earth, and that most of the races "recognized" Kosh when he rescued Sheridan. There were hints that "Dracula" was actually Drackhula" as well.

"Humor is such a subjective thing."

"My momma didn't raise no fools: We raised ourselves!"
fisheggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th 09, 14:16   #12
Republibot 3.0
Psi Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheggs View Post
I'm curious how much Vorlon and Shadow influence played in the younger races. We know the Vorlon "snatched" Jack the Ripper, well before spaceflight became a "reality" on Earth, and that most of the races "recognized" Kosh when he rescued Sheridan. There were hints that "Dracula" was actually Drackhula" as well.
Well, yeah, but that was in a book and I'm not sure how seriously we should take those. <G>

I would be interested to know how and what the Drakh were doing while their masters were asleep, however. As I interpret the "JMS Memo" detailing his original plan for B5, it seems as though the Shadows would have won the war against the Vorlons, and would have been the primary antagonists in "Babylon Prime." So were the Drakh just placeholders for the Shadows once he wrote them out, or was there something specificly different that he needed to use them for?
Republibot 3.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th 09, 22:38   #13
Galahad
First One

Send a message via MSN to Galahad Send a message via Yahoo to Galahad Send a message via Skype™ to Galahad

I'd like to know if Jinxo ever went back to Kosh or another Vorlon ambassador to enquire about the Grail.

"We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth."

Visit NiCK'S SANCTUARY
Galahad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st 09, 18:45   #14
JoeD80
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republibot 3.0 View Post
As I interpret the "JMS Memo" detailing his original plan for B5, it seems as though the Shadows would have won the war against the Vorlons
Nothing in the outline says the Shadows win the war against the Vorlons; it just says that hundreds of innocent Vorlons are killed. (A philosophical aside; how many Vorlons are really "innocent"?) After Babylon 5's destruction, the outline states the Vorlons are one of the groups on the chase after Sinclair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republibot 3.0 View Post
So were the Drakh just placeholders for the Shadows once he wrote them out, or was there something specificly different that he needed to use them for?
I think the idea for the Drakh was there early on; "The Long Dark" as early as season two shows that the Shadows have servant races.
JoeD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd 09, 11:40   #15
vorlonlovechild
Commander

Question.

In "Objects at Rest" when Sheridan arrives on Minbar and looks out over the Minbari cityscape we get a rather ominous tone via Chris Frankes score and Sheridan looking a little uneasy. This seems to remind him of (in my opinion) the last time he stood on a balcony and looked over a cityscape (z'ha'dum). Also the two plinths on the side of the balcony are similar in design to the two at the cave entrance on z'ha'dum.

Coincidence?

or lazy design?
Old December 28th 09, 15:59   #16
Republibot 3.0
Psi Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorlonlovechild View Post
Question.

In "Objects at Rest" when Sheridan arrives on Minbar and looks out over the Minbari cityscape we get a rather ominous tone via Chris Frankes score and Sheridan looking a little uneasy. This seems to remind him of (in my opinion) the last time he stood on a balcony and looked over a cityscape (z'ha'dum). Also the two plinths on the side of the balcony are similar in design to the two at the cave entrance on z'ha'dum.

Coincidence?

or lazy design?
Well, it probably *is* the same balcony set, just redressed a bit, but that is an interesting question about the music. I assumed at the time that it was just to let us know dart times lay ahead for The Sheridans, but it certainly could have been a more specific kind of foreshadowing.
Republibot 3.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th 09, 20:51   #17
Elipsis
Commander

I'd like to know what specifically happened with Talia Winters.
Elipsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th 10, 20:32   #18
Kara Baxter
Telepath

i wanna know if vorlons fasten or zip first.

and if galan wore briefs or boxers.
Kara Baxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th 10, 03:37   #19
Jade Jaguar
First One

I wear boxer briefs. Maybe he wore those...
Benjamin Franklin 1775

"I know that the hypnotized never lie... Do ya?"
Pete Townshend 1971

FREE LEONARD PELTIER
Jade Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th 10, 22:26   #20
GKarsEye
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Jaguar View Post
I wear boxer briefs. Maybe he wore those...
Nobody wears those anymore.
"Most smart people cannot watch most TV, because it has generally been a condescending medium, explaining everything immediately, offering no ambiguities, and using dialogue that simplifies and mitigates against the idiosyncratic ways in which people in different worlds actually communicate. It eventually requires that characters from different places talk the same way as the viewer. This, of course, sucks." - David Simon
GKarsEye is offline   Reply With Quote