B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.world

View Poll Results: Choose someone else...and who?
A -- Excellent 18 36.73%
B -- Good 25 51.02%
C -- Average 6 12.24%
D -- Poor 0 0%
F -- Failure 0 0%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 3rd 09, 23:08   #21
Urban Roy
Lurker

Re: EpDis: Midnight On The Firing Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindatur View Post
The next 4 or 5 episodes may be a little uneven (some are very good, some not so good), but, once you get beyond those, 95% or better of the episodes are are of really good quality.
Not planning to give up just yet(!) but thanks for the warning, won't worry too much about the next few episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacantlook View Post
Who knows how Sinclair would've handled the Ragesh situation without the Narn/Raider weaponry incident, but that he used the Narn/Raider incident to solve the Ragesh problem reveals Sinclair's political resourcefulness.
Fair point. It just felt like Sinclair had been given his orders from the Senator and was out of ideas before he went to sort out the Raiders. I guess I just would have preferred him to have worked out / engineered something himself, or for the Raiders and the Ragesh issue to have been explicitly linked. I don't know, maybe the reason for the Raiders being there could have been a deal that they struck with the Narn in exchange for their technology to provide a diversion for the Centauri fleet so that it would have split their forces when they should have been protecting Ragesh 3. I'm riffing so that's not the best idea, but at least something like that would have explained the coincidental timing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoshFan View Post
Suffice it to say, if you watch "Midnight" again after watching the whole series through, you'll be astonished at what gets hinted at.
Look forward to it, but it probably won't be for a while!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoshFan View Post
With the possible exception of the first episode of Firefly, this is the most perfect first episode of a series that I've ever seen.
Now that's just a whole different kettle of fish. Shiny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post

I just know it'll be fun to relive the series with you...keep the thoughts coming!
As long as I'm not boring anyone I plan to!

(I seem to have gone overboard with the exclamation marks in this post, sorry about that. I'm not really that excitable!!!)
Old March 3rd 09, 23:21   #22
Urban Roy
Lurker

Sorry, quick follow up, I may have missed it from a single viewing but does anyone know why the title of the episode is Midnight On The Firing Line? Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere.
Old March 3rd 09, 23:47   #23
vacantlook

"Midnight On The Firing Line" implies a period of tension prior to a breakout of armed conflict.
vacantlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd 09, 23:49   #24
Sindatur
Techno-mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacantlook View Post
"Midnight On The Firing Line" implies a period of tension prior to a breakout of armed conflict.

Thanks VL, you learn something new everyday. I always assumed it was just a fancy title for the breakout of the war itself
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th 09, 18:59   #25
butlerd

It was definitely one of the better of the S1 episodes and there are a lot of good scenes, particularly the one between Ivanova and Talia at the end. There is nothing to really dislike about the episode, although it certainly can't compare to many episodes in the following seasons.

One question, however: Does anybody know what rock song was being played at the bar during the scene at the end between Ivanova and Talia? It sounds sort of 80's-ish and even somewhat familiar but I'm dying to get it- if it's available that is. Anybody know anything?
Old November 14th 09, 19:11   #26
Jan
Psi Cop

To the best of my knowledge, almost all of the music used on B5 (exceptions being the gospel song in the 3rd season and the excerpt of the 'dry bones' song) was composed for the show by Christopher Franke with occasional lyrics by JMS. Mainly because they couldn't afford to license outside music, probably.

Jan
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th 09, 19:55   #27
butlerd

I think you might be right about that. I wonder who they got to sing the song? Christopher Franke? It's a cool song. It would be awesome if it were downloadable somewhere. I actually e-mailed Franke at his website (Sonic Records) about this so maybe he will be able to say for sure- if he happens gets back to me. I loved the music he composed for the series
Old November 14th 09, 19:56   #28
GeoKuutio
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by butlerd View Post
I think you might be right about that. I wonder who they got to sing the song? Christopher Franke? It's a cool song. It would be awesome if it were downloadable somewhere. I actually e-mailed Franke at his website (Sonic Records) about this so maybe he will be able to say for sure- if he happens gets back to me. I loved the music he composed for the series
If he does reply, please do mention about it here. That piece of info has been bugging me now and then for years already.
Old November 14th 09, 20:02   #29
butlerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoKuutio View Post
If he does reply, please do mention about it here. That piece of info has been bugging me now and then for years already.
Sure thing! I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one seeking out obscure things like this.
Old November 15th 09, 04:51   #30
Jade Jaguar
First One

I'm starting to watch them all over again, and just watched Midnight On The Firing Line. I find it to be quite a respectable episode. It does have to do some earnest character development, being a first ep, but handles it well.
Benjamin Franklin 1775

"I know that the hypnotized never lie... Do ya?"
Pete Townshend 1971

FREE LEONARD PELTIER
Jade Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote