B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.world

View Poll Results: Keep Chapel
A -- Excellent 11 17.19%
B -- Good 33 51.56%
C -- Average 20 31.25%
D -- Poor 0 0%
F -- Failure 0 0%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 22nd 09, 04:31   #61
Sindatur
Techno-mage

Re: EpDis: The Gathering

Oh, BTW, KoshFan and KoshN, my apologies for the bad phrasing, I should have said, "One of the Vorlon", not "One of the Kosh". My apologies for implying Generics to you
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd 09, 04:51   #62
Jade Jaguar
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindatur View Post
My apologies for implying Generics to you
Ooh! I think you've inadvertently stumbled on a good curse! I think that in the future, instead of saying Up yours, buddy! I'll say Generics to you!
Benjamin Franklin 1775

"I know that the hypnotized never lie... Do ya?"
Pete Townshend 1971

FREE LEONARD PELTIER
Jade Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd 09, 08:22   #63
vacantlook

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoshFan View Post
The polls got seriously messed up somehow, none of them match their threads. The internet does strange things sometimes...
The polls got all wonky back when the board was transitioned from the old software the board used to be run on to the vBulletin that it's now run on. Polls that were created in threads under the old software ended up messed up a bit as a result of that transition. I think -- think being operative word -- that the polls are still the same, just that the "poll question" part of the poll is mislabeled, so voting should still be valid for each thread's respective episode.
vacantlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd 09, 08:42   #64
KoshN

Quote:
Sorry, KoshN generally posts an explicit response to such requests,
Yes, probably a half-dozen or more times in various threads around here. If I had a big ego, I'd probably be requesting a KoshN Order (just to indicate that it's my order, and not anything "official.") FAQ sticky thread. ...but then lots of other people would probably want their own "_____ Order FAQ sticky threads" so this is a Pandora's Box that you probably don't want to open.

Quote:
that must be a thread he didn't get a chance to reply to.
I didn't read the whole thread.
Max Eilerson: "The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years. Probably contains hundreds of patents that I could exploit and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit."

Last edited by KoshN; April 22nd 09 at 08:52.
KoshN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd 09, 12:24   #65
crazyhorse
Anarchist

I'm wondering if the surrender of control was just a matter of switching engines off and letting docking tractor beams controlled by B5's computer take over

I can't imagine any race giving Earthforce access to their ships computer.

The only time we did see a ship try to dock on its own it crashed and I'm sure it fired its engines up then instead of just gliding in under B5's control.

"me and other folk were just tryin tae get the boot in and some other guy banjoed him"

John Smeaton 2007

"You know why they're on the Internet don't you? Cos you wouldny speak to them in the fecking pub!" - Billy Connolly
crazyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd 09, 12:25   #66
crazyhorse
Anarchist

Oh and welcome Alexa

"me and other folk were just tryin tae get the boot in and some other guy banjoed him"

John Smeaton 2007

"You know why they're on the Internet don't you? Cos you wouldny speak to them in the fecking pub!" - Billy Connolly
Old April 22nd 09, 13:25   #67
crazyhorse
Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacantlook View Post
The polls got all wonky back when the board was transitioned from the old software the board used to be run on to the vBulletin that it's now run on. Polls that were created in threads under the old software ended up messed up a bit as a result of that transition. I think -- think being operative word -- that the polls are still the same, just that the "poll question" part of the poll is mislabeled, so voting should still be valid for each thread's respective episode.
Well Markas should stop being so lazy and use his mod powers for good for a change and bloody edit them to the correct episode

Too busy talking cock with Cilli more than likely

John Smeaton 2007

Old April 22nd 09, 16:00   #68
KoshN

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhorse View Post
Well Markas should stop being so lazy and use his mod powers for good for a change and bloody edit them to the correct episode
Or maybe just delete the:

View Poll Results: nonsensical words

....from the top border of every Poll bar chart? That's the part that's always getting screwed up every time they change software.
Max Eilerson: "The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years. Probably contains hundreds of patents that I could exploit and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit."
KoshN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd 09, 21:28   #69
Alexa
Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Jaguar View Post
I agree completely that JMS was playing with our prejudices. But, I don't think G'Kar was exactly a villain. He was made out to be an angry, accusatory, hot-head, which is not exactly a sympathetic character to most people. But, he and the Narns had every right to feel that way, given their history with the Centauri. So, I liked G'Kar from the start, because I sympathized with his feelings right away. He grew to be by far my favorite character.
G`Kar was and is my favorite from the show also. I said "villain" , but I should have qualified that, he was more like "villain light" in the series proper. Not truly evil, but nowhere near the enlightened G`Kar we see in the later eps. This G`Kar is angry,and his anger is ruling him. I sympathized with his anger, but he wasn`t a like-able character, not to me, anyway. After I saw his machinations in "The Gathering" ie: him bringing the assassin on board with the changeling net, the implication being that G`Kar had tried to have Kosh assassinated and the blame placed on the Minbari (which puzzles me, you would think he would have tried to place the blame on the Centauri) he does, imo, fit the definition of villain. For at least a little while, anyway.

Wow...that was a long convoluted sentence I have there. Sorry `bout that!
Old April 22nd 09, 21:40   #70
Alexa
Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhorse View Post
I'm wondering if the surrender of control was just a matter of switching engines off and letting docking tractor beams controlled by B5's computer take over

I can't imagine any race giving Earthforce access to their ships computer.

The only time we did see a ship try to dock on its own it crashed and I'm sure it fired its engines up then instead of just gliding in under B5's control.

Very good point crazyhorse, about giving them access to their computer.I am likely just over thinking the whole thing. It is, science fiction, after all!

I remember the ship crashing. That was the ep about the docking guild, was it not?