B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.world

View Poll Results: Keep Chapel
A -- Excellent 11 17.19%
B -- Good 33 51.56%
C -- Average 20 31.25%
D -- Poor 0 0%
F -- Failure 0 0%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 22nd 09, 02:38   #51
vacantlook

Re: EpDis: The Gathering

Oh, and I still like the ears on Delenn in The Gathering more than I do the ears they gave the Minbari in the show-proper. I'm fine with softening the brow and chin, but the show's ears look like the flat prosthetic that they are; but, The Gathering ears look like actual ears with a canal into the head and all.
vacantlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd 09, 02:54   #52
Alexa
Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacantlook View Post
Oh, and I still like the ears on Delenn in The Gathering more than I do the ears they gave the Minbari in the show-proper. I'm fine with softening the brow and chin, but the show's ears look like the flat prosthetic that they are; but, The Gathering ears look like actual ears with a canal into the head and all.
I didn`t notice her ears. I`ll go back and look.
Old April 22nd 09, 02:57   #53
Alexa
Ambassador

You are absolutely right! I always disliked the Minbari ears in the series. The pattern on her 'bone' is different also, isn`t it?
Old April 22nd 09, 03:42   #54
vacantlook

Yeah, the bones are quite a bit different. The bones in the series are a greyish blue, where as the one in The Gathering is brownish.
vacantlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd 09, 03:43   #55
Sindatur
Techno-mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa View Post
and i`m still a bit confused as to the order of the series and the movies. I tend to watch things chronologically when possible, regardless of when they were made, so I guess The Gathering is my starting point. I have watched the series many times, the movies less as I didn`t get them until much later.
Sorry, KoshN generally posts an explicit response to such requests, that must be a thread he didn't get a chance to reply to. One of the Kosh (KoshN or KoshFan), or maybe even VacantLook or a couple others may provide a better slightly adjusted list (including Movies), but, this is the Lurker's guide version, which also includes the JMS preferred order of the mangled continuity of Crusade (D@mn you TNT)

http://www.midwinter.com/lurk/countr...er/eplist.html

Last edited by Sindatur; April 22nd 09 at 03:46.
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd 09, 03:47   #56
Alexa
Ambassador

Thanks again. I really appreciate all the responses to my questions. I truly feel like an amateur here when I read some of the in-depth discussions between some members here. I hope I am not being too much of a pest!
Old April 22nd 09, 03:51   #57
Sindatur
Techno-mage

Quote:
Thanks again. I really appreciate all the responses to my questions. I truly feel like an amateur here when I read some of the in-depth discussions between some members here. I hope I am not being too much of a pest!
Oh, on that list at that link, you can click on each episode title and be taken to an analysis of the time with some more recent updates as well, so that may be fun for you to try as you're watching, if you didn't follow the Lurker's Guide back in the Day
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd 09, 04:12   #58
Jade Jaguar
First One

Quote:
Also....something that has struck me since I first started watching...well, I guess it was years ago. I think JMS liked to play with our prejudices a little. He made Londo a sympathetic character at first, and G`Kar the villian....then switched them about (at least partially). I think people were very ready to accept that the more 'human' looking Londo was a good guy, and the very 'alien' G`Kar was the evil. I wonder how some reacted when they were 'switched'?
I agree completely that JMS was playing with our prejudices. But, I don't think G'Kar was exactly a villain. He was made out to be an angry, accusatory, hot-head, which is not exactly a sympathetic character to most people. But, he and the Narns had every right to feel that way, given their history with the Centauri. So, I liked G'Kar from the start, because I sympathized with his feelings right away. He grew to be by far my favorite character.
Benjamin Franklin 1775

"I know that the hypnotized never lie... Do ya?"
Pete Townshend 1971

FREE LEONARD PELTIER
Jade Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd 09, 04:55   #59
Alexa
Ambassador

Oh crud! I just voted in the poll at the top of this discussion, then realized it isn`t the poll for this ep. What is "Keep Chapel"?
Old April 22nd 09, 05:19   #60
KoshFan
Soul Hunter

The polls got seriously messed up somehow, none of them match their threads. The internet does strange things sometimes...

The big debate over movies is which to watch when. Do you watch the Gathering first, or In the Beginning? Chronologically it should be the latter, but dramatically speaking you gotta put the Gathering first. Except that in the new/improved version of the Gathering Kosh drops quite the spoiler...

I often advocate watching "Midnight on the Firing Line" first, but I'll admit it's been many a year since I saw the Gathering.

The Generous Grasp
KoshFan is offline   Reply With Quote