B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old March 26th 09, 09:02   #11
darth_librarian
Psi Cop

Re: B5 Engineering

Hell no. Academic. Its my job.

"There's no point debating anything online. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional "live audience" quickly conspire to create a "perfect storm" of perpetual bickering."
- Charlie Brooker
darth_librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th 09, 15:49   #12
kelmin
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by darth_librarian View Post
Its deep but as you said, a passive interest prehaps. Possibly due to lack of new material to stimulate it.
This may not be your cup of tea new-material-wise, but the project I'm working on is
a lengthy fanfic starring the (totally made up) chief engineer of B5. Who we never see. Who runs the place, anyhow?

NB: I absolutely do NOT count the buffoons in "The View From the Gallery" as part of this staff.

So, a shameless plug for "In the Core: Ch. 1: Broken In." (Yes, I do mean "core" and not "corps;" not a teep to be found.)
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4951591/1/In_the_Core

(Newbie alert! Is there a designated appropriate place for posting links to fanfic?)

Let me know if you think it's worth continuing. The plan is to follow engineering through the series, with technical problems in each chapter, and a worker-caste Minbari coming soon. Chapter 2: The Core is Mother, the Core is Father coming soon. If it sucks too bad I'll stop, I promise.

KEL
kelmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th 09, 23:05   #13
vacantlook

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmin View Post
(Newbie alert! Is there a designated appropriate place for posting links to fanfic?)
The B5.related forum is probably the most appropriate place for posting links to fanfic.
vacantlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th 09, 21:23   #14
Galahad
First One

Send a message via MSN to Galahad Send a message via Yahoo to Galahad Send a message via Skype™ to Galahad

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmin View Post
This may not be your cup of tea new-material-wise, but the project I'm working on is
a lengthy fanfic starring the (totally made up) chief engineer of B5. Who we never see. Who runs the place, anyhow?
Are you including Guerra, Morden's doppleganger from The Gathering (Ed Wasser originally played someone with an Engineering background, not sure of his rank though), and what of the dodgy geezer who shuts the lights off at the end of Sleeping in Light?

Did his career track pack to the early days of B5?

In all seriousness, good luck with it all though.

"We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth."

Visit NiCK'S SANCTUARY
Galahad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th 09, 15:36   #15
Republibot 3.0
Psi Cop

I'm assuming you guys have probably already seen this, but just in case you hadn't, the Wiki article on the Omega Class Destroyers has a very cool section on stuff that was designed for the ships, but never actually used in the show
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omega_c...but_never_used
Republibot 3.0 is offline   Reply With Quote