B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old December 5th 08, 16:14   #41
Demonn
First One

Re: The Dresden Files

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoshN View Post
The Thomas spin off book? What??? What are you talking about? ISBNs please.
Jim Butcher did a little 70 some page book called Backup. I guess he did it to give more information about Thomas since people love Vampires so much. I think it takes place right after Small Favor.

I paid 20 bucks for it and finished it in about 30 minutes... probably should of just read it in the store.
Demonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th 08, 16:18   #42
Demonn
First One

Quote:
Well, that'll certainly be different.
Morgan and Dresden still hate each other but they're starting to get along much better now... They haven't tried to kill each other in ages.

The new book is called Turn Coat and it's about somebody needing Harry's help to clear his name. Hmmmmm...
Old December 5th 08, 23:11   #43
KoshN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonn View Post
Morgan and Dresden still hate each other but they're starting to get along much better now... They haven't tried to kill each other in ages.

The new book is called Turn Coat and it's about somebody needing Harry's help to clear his name. Hmmmmm...

I just put "Small Favor," "Turn Coat," "Backup" and "Welcome to the Jungle" in my Amazon shopping cart. Now, I wait for payday.
Max Eilerson: "The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years. Probably contains hundreds of patents that I could exploit and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit."
KoshN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th 08, 15:17   #44
Demonn
First One

Quote:
I just put "Small Favor," "Turn Coat," "Backup" and "Welcome to the Jungle" in my Amazon shopping cart. Now, I wait for payday.
I'm still debating about getting Welcome to the Jungle... let me know what you think about it then.
Old January 31st 09, 17:55   #45
Demonn
First One

I'm getting sick of waiting for April...
Old March 1st 09, 07:26   #46
KoshN

Quote:
Well I liked 7 the most so far. I love it when they bring in the White Council.
Finished 7 (Dead Beat) a couple of days ago. When you said "they bring in the White Council." , I thought you meant the Senior Council, not just five Wardens (two strong ones, one medium, and two fledglings).

Mouse is really turning out to be a great dog. Really took care of Cassius/Liver Spots. CRUNCH! Go Mouse!!! Butters really stepped up to the plate, as well.

Regarding Sue, well Harry doesn't do stuff halfway, does he? That was an inspired bit of magic! Damned impressive!
Max Eilerson: "The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years. Probably contains hundreds of patents that I could exploit and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit."

Last edited by KoshN; March 1st 09 at 07:58.
Old March 1st 09, 07:53   #47
KoshN

Quote:
I'm still debating about getting Welcome to the Jungle... let me know what you think about it then.
Welcome to the Jungle and Backup arrived about a week ago, but since I was finishing up Dead Beat (7), I didn't do much more than glance at them. Welcome to the Jungle is going to be a bit of an adjustment for me because it takes place before Storm Front (1) and I'm so much farther down the road, now. Anyway, I'll let you know what I think about it.
Old March 2nd 09, 13:51   #48
Demonn
First One

Quote:
Finished 7 (Dead Beat) a couple of days ago. When you said "they bring in the White Council." , I thought you meant the Senior Council, not just five Wardens (two strong ones, one medium, and two fledglings).
Well it was more than they've showed before. If it makes you feel better Turn Coat will deal more with the Senior Council. Jim Butcher has 3 (out of 5) chapters up on his website so far and Morgan gets framed for killing one of them.

I think Harry is finally going to come into his power in the next book and officially enter the "Heavy Weight Division." I pity da fool dat messes with Harry Dresden.

Here's the link if you want to read those chapters...
http://www.jim-butcher.com/books/dresden/11/

Spoiler for for Turn Coat:
Aleron LaFortier goes buh bye.

Quote:
Mouse is really turning out to be a great dog. Really took care of Cassius/Liver Spots. CRUNCH! Go Mouse!!! Butters really stepped up to the plate, as well.
I didn't like the name "Mouse" at first but it's grown on me.

Butters is a great character... It just adds an extra layer of FUNNY since his doctor is a medical examiner.

Spoiler for for Proven Guilty:
Just a heads up... Mouse gets hit by a van in the next book but he's ok. It happened and I almost wanted to stop reading but then a couple chapters later you find out he's still allive. It'll take more than a van to put him down.

Quote:
Regarding Sue, well Harry doesn't do stuff halfway, does he? That was an inspired bit of magic! Damned impressive!
Yeah... Thanks to Sue that was my favorite book. I was about halfway through that book when somebody started talking to me about that part. They ruined it a little but then it only encouraged me to read faster till I got to that part. "My baby can move."
Old March 2nd 09, 17:16   #49
KoshN

Thanks for hiding those spoilers. I'm going through the books in order, and am just starting "Proven Guilty." Keep hoping Harry gets a proper Warden's sword, soon.
Old March 3rd 09, 00:51   #50
Demonn
First One

Quote:
Thanks for hiding those spoilers. I'm going through the books in order, and am just starting "Proven Guilty." Keep hoping Harry gets a proper Warden's sword, soon.
Spoiler for the whole sword thing... :p:
Harry still doesn't have a Warden sword yet... The cover to Turn Coat shows him with a sword but it could be Amoracchius. In White Knight Luccio explains why he still doesn't have one. She used to make them & since her body switch she doesn't think she can make anymore.