B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old February 20th 09, 04:03   #1
dencor
Commander

Send a message via Yahoo to dencor
Babylon 5 and You Tube ?

HELP ! Every now and then I check out You Tube for new B5 videos. My favorite to watch and listen to was titled " Memories ". A beautiful video celebrating the love between John and Delenn. Well, damn You Tube deleted it for violating thier policies. Go figure, compared to some of the other videos on YT I do not get it.... Ok , I am a little pissed.

Iit was the best B5 video I had come across in some time and I could never get bored watching it. It was perfect. So my question is, has anyone else here seen the video and would they know of another site where it might be posted. HELP !

thanks
dennis
dencor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th 09, 07:00   #2
Bester
First One

Re: Babylon 5 and You Tube ?

Is this the one?

http://video.google.co.uk/videosearc...es&hl=en&emb=0
Old February 20th 09, 08:43   #3
dencor
Commander

Thanks Bester. The song is the right one but the wrong video. Whom ever made the video used that song by Within Temptation and then put in scenes from B5. The video was as Kosh would say " A moment of perfect beauty. " On that same link, I noticed the correct video ( BABYLON 5 MEMORIES ) but unfortunatly it has been deleted on that site as well. It was on You Tube for about a year so why they would delete it after all that time is a mystery to me. Thanks for trying and I am not going to give up easily on this.

dennis

Last edited by dencor; February 20th 09 at 08:48.
Old February 20th 09, 19:34   #4
Bester
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bester View Post
Oops, that wasn't a B5 video! I did that search at work, where I wasn't able to view the actual video (just the titles).

Anyway, good luck in your search dennis.
Old March 6th 09, 10:11   #5
darth_librarian
Psi Cop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV4GMNjDdYc

Not the one, but quite cool nonetheless.

"There's no point debating anything online. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional "live audience" quickly conspire to create a "perfect storm" of perpetual bickering."
- Charlie Brooker
darth_librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd 09, 14:58   #6
FaceOfGkar
Lurker

Isn't all of Babylon 5 up on Hulu? You could try there.

CashCrate - Make money online filling out surveys
Survey Safari - guide to online surveys
FaceOfGkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th 09, 09:23   #7
silencer
Lurker

Hi all.
I am Silencer, the creator of "Babylon 5 Memories", originally posted on FIRSTONES.COM
I was rather shocked when Youtube took that video down without warning, but that they deleted all of my personal films - of which I am the copyright holder. They also deleted the the account the next day. As a person who makes his living in the motion picture industry, I felt my video fell under Canadian Fair Use policy. I still feel it does.

I still retain the high resolution original. If you would like to see it, please just let me know where you would like it uploaded. Canadians cannot use Hulu.

I would love to see this video out there, being enjoyed again.
Cheers.
silencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th 09, 11:07   #8
dencor
Commander

Hello Silencer and thank you for that wonderful video. I dont pretend to understand copyright laws but hopefully your video can find a new home...somewhere. Its to good not to be seen. If you could send it to my email that would be great. ( I sent you a message with my email address ) If you can't, I understand. If I can think of a website were it will not be deleted, I will let you know.

thanks
dennis

Last edited by dencor; June 17th 09 at 11:11.
Old June 18th 09, 18:21   #9
Markas
His Majesty

Send a message via MSN to Markas

Welcome to B5TV, Silencer. Have you tried to find out from Youtube why they deleted your account? I am guessing that someone reported the B5 stuff as copyright infringement or something. However, I have seen so many other homages to B5 that are still up that I can't quite grasp why yours would be targeted.
Old June 18th 09, 22:55   #10
Galahad
First One

Send a message via MSN to Galahad Send a message via Yahoo to Galahad Send a message via Skype™ to Galahad

I have a love/hate relationship with YouTube. Not so long ago they effectively blocked all official music video content from the UK... just because agreement couldn't be reached between labels and the site management.

I also don't like it when music that is never going to get a commercial release... gets blanked on YT. One example being the music to the ill-fated modern series of Hornblower. No mention has ever been made with respect to a soundtrack ever being in the works, so YT start pulling music vids apart relating to it.

If they released it commercially I'd buy it off iTunes, I always do... but they would rather keep it in a dank vault than heaven forbid allow people to possibly enjoy it.

I can understand not wanting to do packaging and production runs of a cd... but why not just release it digitally and let the punters decide?

"We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth."

Visit NiCK'S SANCTUARY
Galahad is offline   Reply With Quote