B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.world

View Poll Results: What grade would you give Napoleon Dynamite?
A -- Excellent 19 57.58%
B -- Good 11 33.33%
C -- Average 2 6.06%
D -- Poor 1 3.03%
F -- Failure 0 0%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 4th 09, 23:45   #21
G'Kar
Commander

Re: EpDis: The Geometry Of Shadows

Gave it an A due to the interesting arc significance found in this episode and that of Michael Ansara's performance. A very nice entry into the world of Babylon 5.
There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams.
G'Kar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th 09, 15:42   #22
RW7427

Yeah, I agree that Michael Ansara made a good Elric.
Old February 11th 09, 17:28   #23
KoshN

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW7427 View Post
Yeah, I agree that Michael Ansara made a good Elric.

He certainly has the voice of a Technomage.
Max Eilerson: "The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years. Probably contains hundreds of patents that I could exploit and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit."
KoshN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th 09, 20:31   #24
RW7427

Yeah, when I read the Technomage trilogy, I tried to imagine his voice while I was reading Elric's lines.
Old February 11th 09, 23:50   #25
G'Kar
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW7427 View Post
Yeah, when I read the Technomage trilogy, I tried to imagine his voice while I was reading Elric's lines.
You're not the only one.
There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams.
G'Kar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th 09, 01:22   #26
KoshN

Quote:
Originally Posted by G'Kar View Post
You're not the only one.
I didn't "try." I "heard" all of the characters played by on B5 and Crusade saying their lines, as well as some others (e.g. Kell by Frank Langella, Elizar by Eric Etebari, Razeel by Juliet Landau, etc.)
Max Eilerson: "The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years. Probably contains hundreds of patents that I could exploit and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit."
Old February 12th 09, 02:45   #27
vacantlook

Ooo, Juliet Landau would be wicked cool as a techno-mage.
vacantlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th 09, 22:56   #28
KoshN

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacantlook View Post
Ooo, Juliet Landau would be wicked cool as a techno-mage.
Especially as the more than slightly crazy, homicidal Razeel (Elizar's sister). A lot like Drucilla.
Old May 27th 10, 00:11   #29
Estelyn
Commander

I must say, I would have liked to see more of the technomages in this episode - I found their part of the plot weighed less than the Drazi conflict. However, there were several Lord of the Rings references there that I very much enjoyed. The "Do not try the patience of wizards" is a wonderful variation on a great original quote. Also, Vir's encounter with the fiery monster reminded me of Gandalf and the Balrog - I almost expected Vir to say, "You shall not pass"! It was nice to see his bravery in the face of apparent perceived danger. I also chuckled over his mixed-up metaphorical speech on the currents.

Another Centauri is introduced who is significant for much of the story in the next seasons - Lord Refa. His obvious scheming is almost as creepy as Morden's polite attitude. He repeats what Londo said to Morden about the Centauris' "rightful place in the galaxy" - why do they perceive themselves in a role which they really never had? Is it a "big frog in a small pond" syndrome?

I like seeing Garibaldi getting checked by the doctor - this is not a sci-fi universe with instant healing. It takes time, and he has scars.

Most annoying detail - the orange blossom that Elric gives Sheridan. Ansara (whom I remember well from Star Trek) acts wonderfully, and I would have liked to see more of him, but of course he speaks the lines given to him by the author. I hope we lose all those orange references soon.
Old May 27th 10, 00:27   #30
JoeD80
Commander

What's wrong with oranges? I love oranges. I wish there were more orange references. Anyway, there is a further point Joe is going for here in that Sheridan should start out in a happy-go-lucky space that slowly descends into the hardened version of Sheridan later.
JoeD80 is offline   Reply With Quote