B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old October 28th 08, 02:07   #31
Demonn
First One

Re: The Dresden Files

Well I liked 7 the most so far. I love it when they bring in the White Council.
Demonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th 08, 06:00   #32
Demonn
First One

Well now I'm all cought up and waiting for the next book... I hate that.
Old November 25th 08, 12:01   #33
KoshN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonn View Post
Well now I'm all caught up and waiting for the next book... I hate that.
If I read 'em that quickly, I wouldn't enjoy 'em. It'd be kind of like wolfing down a favorite meal. Had to force myself not to race through "The Passing of the Techno-mages" because there was nothing more after that and I didn't want it to be over too quickly. I'm currently about 3/4ths of the way through "Blood Rites" (Book 6) and was disappointed at how easily Mavra was dispatched and how she never even tried to use magic against Harry, Murphy & Kincaid (so we got no sense of Ebenezer shutting down her powers.). I left off at the point where Ebenezer is beginning to come clean with Harry.

I'm seeing what you mentioned about the warm-up between Harry and Murphy.
Max Eilerson: "The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years. Probably contains hundreds of patents that I could exploit and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit."
KoshN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th 08, 16:59   #34
Demonn
First One

Ohh... I took enough time to enjoy them. If I read something I like sometimes I read the page over & over before moving on & since I'm done now I can always go backand re-read certain spots. I've moved on to the Codex Alera books & I'm starting to think that I don't like them. Guess I should of just bought the first book & went from there.

I'm hoping that Ebenezer eventually retires and Dresden becomes the next Blackstaff. He could go up against the Merlin all he wants then.

Kincaid says something about how Mavra wouldn't go down that easy. I think it was Kincaid.

KEEP READING...

Dresden does hook up with somebody...

You haven't got to the part where Harry gets a new job offer.

Thomas finds a way to cheat the vampire system.

& Harry gets an apprentice.
Old November 26th 08, 17:58   #35
KoshN

Quote:
I'm hoping that Ebenezer eventually retires and Dresden becomes the next Blackstaff. He could go up against the Merlin all he wants then.
I don't think Harry would like that, being the Blackstaff.

Quote:
Kincaid says something about how Mavra wouldn't go down that easy. I think it was Kincaid.
I guess you mean that it was Kincaid who said that, right?...not that Kincaid was the one who made the difference. Ebenezer was the one who was shutting down her powers, and probably the reason she went only for conventional means... Renfields, darkhounds, that anti-personnel mine, and her traditional Black Court vampire abilities.

Quote:
KEEP READING...

Dresden does hook up with somebody...

You haven't got to the part where Harry gets a new job offer.

Thomas finds a way to cheat the vampire system.

& Harry gets an apprentice.
Oooh, appetizers!

ps.Was it ever said what breed of dog the notch-eared puppy is?
Max Eilerson: "The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years. Probably contains hundreds of patents that I could exploit and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit."

Last edited by KoshN; November 26th 08 at 18:02.
Old November 27th 08, 05:10   #36
Demonn
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoshN View Post
I don't think Harry would like that, being the Blackstaff.
He might like it. He could do whatever he wanted and the council couldn't do crap to him.

Quote:
I guess you mean that it was Kincaid who said that, right?...not that Kincaid was the one who made the difference. Ebenezer was the one who was shutting down her powers, and probably the reason she went only for conventional means... Renfields, darkhounds, that anti-personnel mine, and her traditional Black Court vampire abilities.
She was waiting for Harry to show up... & thanks to Ebenezer she couldn't really fight back. All I'm saying is that somebody implied that Mavra wouldn't be stupid enough to go out like that. I'm pretty sure it was Kincaid that said that to Harry. I could give you more details but I don't want to ruin any of the newer books for you.

Quote:
ps.Was it ever said what breed of dog the notch-eared puppy is?
Elaine calls it a Temple Dog in White Knight... He gets BIG.
Old November 27th 08, 15:43   #37
KoshN

Quote:
He might like it. He could do whatever he wanted and the council couldn't do crap to him.
Yeah, you've got a point there. Morgan would no longer be a thorn in the side for Harry.

Quote:
http://whitedogballads.blogspot.com/...emple-dog.html

??? Could be.

Last edited by KoshN; December 2nd 08 at 11:45.
Old December 2nd 08, 11:56   #38
KoshN

Quote:
She was waiting for Harry to show up... & thanks to Ebenezer she couldn't really fight back. All I'm saying is that somebody implied that Mavra wouldn't be stupid enough to go out like that. I'm pretty sure it was Kincaid that said that to Harry. I could give you more details but I don't want to ruin any of the newer books for you.
Ah, it was in Book #6 "Blood Rites" (which I finished today, Dec. 1, 2008.) on page 368. Kincaid implies that it probably wasn't Mavra that they killed, but some flunky vamp dressed as Mavra, who Mavra paraded out to fool Harry and the rest, and that Mavra is likely still around.

In fact, there are three nasties listed at the end that are still around and will likely be trouble later:

Mavra (I thought that was too easy!)
He Who Walks Behind (unkillable)
and
Lasciel (the Fallen Angel, still able to touch Harry from her prison in the coin buried two feet down in the concrete of Harry's lab and surrounded by half a dozen warding spells)

Quote:
Hence on the last page of Book #6...

Harry (to Thomas): "Hey. Why did you get Large Breed Puppy Chow?"
Old December 2nd 08, 22:09   #39
Demonn
First One

Quote:
Harry (to Thomas): "Hey. Why did you get Large Breed Puppy Chow?"
Yeah... it gets BIG.

In Proven Guilty Charity Carpenter says, "He looks something like a Caucasian." & then adds... "It's a dog bred in the Soviet Union in the Caucasus Mountains for use in secured military installations. It's one of the only breeds that grow so large. But they tend to be a great deal more aggressive than your dog."

It's weird because I went looking for that and turned right to the page. Found it without really looking.

According to Elaine in White Knight Temple Dogs are very rare. He basically got the real version of one of those stone dogs that smelled the blood on his hand in book 4. They're incredibly loyal to their masters and they have magical powers of their own.

In the Thomas spin off book he says Mouse can understand human speech.

I'm getting the feeling that him and Morgan are gonna become friends in the new book. The Merlin is the guy who's coming down on Harry the most. Morgan tried to provoke him on the Merlin's behalf.
Old December 3rd 08, 04:07   #40
KoshN

Quote:
They're incredibly loyal to their masters and they have magical powers of their own.
Ooh, I'm looking forward to this.

Quote:
In the Thomas spin off book he says Mouse can understand human speech.
The Thomas spin off book? What??? What are you talking about? ISBNs please.

Quote:
I'm getting the feeling that him and Morgan are gonna become friends in the new book.
Well, that'll certainly be different.