B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old September 27th 08, 15:22   #1
Jan
Psi Cop

Shameless self-promotion

Sorry for the crass commercial message but I've got some Ebay auctions going since I'm as they say 'between engagements' at the moment. Some really cool B5 ship pins and a copy of Volume 15 from the Babylon 5 Scripts of JMS are up now with more to come.

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/janmschroeder

Bid early, bid high and bid often! Thanks!

Jan
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th 08, 04:30   #2
hypatia
First One

Re: Shameless self-promotion

Someone's going to make Jan some money. I wasn't willing to bid high enough to even have a shot at the Shadow pin.

Best of luck with it, Jan.
Old September 28th 08, 18:53   #3
Jan
Psi Cop

Thanks, Hypatia. Stay tuned, I've still got a few I haven't listed yet.

Jan
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Old September 28th 08, 23:03   #4
hypatia
First One

That would sound promising, but I suspect each will go for higher than about $30.00, which is pretty much what I set for myself as a highest bid.

But the point of an auction is to make money, I'm really more glad that you're making some. You've served JMS and B5 for years, it's nice if you can get a few dollars out of it to help you offset the .... gads probably hundreds... of dollars you've spent on it.

Old September 29th 08, 14:04   #5
Jan
Psi Cop

Thanks, Hyp. The funny thing about much of the B5 stuff I've got is that I scooped it up due to its coolness but then never did anything with it! Like these pins. They'd look cool on my con bags or wearing them to conventions but, nope, I never did anything with them at all. Oh well, at least they're around now when I can use the extra cash. I find I'm enjoying it so I may wander around the house to see what else I can list.

Jan
Old September 29th 08, 15:26   #6
Lyta's Shadow
Lurker

I'd love the book, but there's no way I can afford that at the moment!

Lyta's Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th 08, 15:18   #7
KoshN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
Thanks, Hyp. The funny thing about much of the B5 stuff I've got is that I scooped it up due to its coolness but then never did anything with it! Like these pins. They'd look cool on my con bags or wearing them to conventions but, nope, I never did anything with them at all. Oh well, at least they're around now when I can use the extra cash. I find I'm enjoying it so I may wander around the house to see what else I can list.

Jan
Hard to believe that the final edition of Babylon 5/Crusade magazine (#24) didn't sell.
Max Eilerson: "The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years. Probably contains hundreds of patents that I could exploit and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit."
KoshN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th 08, 16:46   #8
Jan
Psi Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoshN View Post
Hard to believe that the final edition of Babylon 5/Crusade magazine (#24) didn't sell.
Yeah, I was pretty surprised about that myself. Oh well. The good news is that I got offered a job and start next Wednesday so some financial pressure is off.

Jan
Old October 9th 08, 03:43   #9
hypatia
First One

That is excellent news, Jan! This isn't the easiest time to get a new job, so many congratulation-izings.
Old October 9th 08, 17:11   #10
Jan
Psi Cop

Thanks, Hyp, I appreciate it. This looks ideal in that it'll be interesting, has new things to learn and it's less than 5 miles from home!

Jan