B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.world

View Poll Results: Babylon Squared
A -- Excellent 41 95.35%
B -- Good 2 4.65%
C -- Average 0 0%
D -- Poor 0 0%
F -- Failure 0 0%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 20th 08, 16:39   #31
maneth
Ambassador

Re: EpDis: Chrysalis

I just wonder if Carolyn Sykes and Catherine Sakai weren't meant to be the same person originally... Both being explorers and both having the initials CS makes me wonder...

It would have been rather interesting if the show had ended with Sinclair going back to the past... Although I don't think Michael O'Hare would have been the actor to carry that off. Although a Sinclair-Delenn relationship might have been interesting, given that she's Valen's descendant about 30 generations removed.
Old September 23rd 08, 18:16   #32
Cell
Telepath

Figured this was as good of a place as any,

Season 1: Signs And Portents (1994)
http://worldsoforos.com/secondviews/...season-1-1994/
"When you have reached the end of the road then you can decide whether to go to the left or the right, to fire or to water. If you make those decisions before you have even set foot upon the road it will take you nowhere." - Galen
Cell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th 08, 15:43   #33
Elipsis
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by maneth View Post

It would have been rather interesting if the show had ended with Sinclair going back to the past... Although I don't think Michael O'Hare would have been the actor to carry that off. Although a Sinclair-Delenn relationship might have been interesting, given that she's Valen's descendant about 30 generations removed.

I'm glad that didn't happen... it would have been pretty awkward. I think it was much better than the relationship between Sinclair and Delenn was a much different thing than the relationship between Sheridan and Delenn. (And of course their child would be descended from both Sheridan and Sinclair, making him by definition epic.)
Elipsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th 08, 22:23   #34
Cell
Telepath

Having just finished rereading The Passing Of The Techno-Mages: Book I: Casting Shadows, I was taken aback by how it factored into this episode. I completely forgot whom the novel placed in the first Shadow Battle-Crab we see attacking the Narn forces at Quadrant 37. That revelation just serves to make this episode all the better in my mind and adds a little bit more of that insider feeling, where we know the fact that such a big character is present even though no one else does.
"When you have reached the end of the road then you can decide whether to go to the left or the right, to fire or to water. If you make those decisions before you have even set foot upon the road it will take you nowhere." - Galen
Cell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th 09, 22:58   #35
G'Kar
Commander

Definitely an A. My favorite season finale after Z'ha'dum.
There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams.
G'Kar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st 10, 22:46   #36
Estelyn
Commander

This is a fantastic episode! It manages to pack so much information into a tight schedule and creates an enormous amount of suspense, while simultaneously breaking through the usual clichés. In any other show, Garibaldi would have been able to warn EF 1 on time, and a reasonably happy end would have ensued. His struggle to rescue both himself and the President is a truly moving scene.

I always find it scariest when someone trusted by the characters turns out to be a traitor - there's no way to defend yourself in such a case.

But the episode begins with happy stuff - Sinclair's proposal is delightfully awkward for someone who has to speak diplomatically in his position! And on New Year's Eve it looks like things are heading toward a happy end for him. Cutting back and forth between the celebrating and the struggle behind the scenes is great.

*Now* we find out what was hinted at in a previous episode by the word "chrysalis". The cliff hanger ending leaves us in the dark as to Delenn's transformation - what will she be? - and Garibaldi's fate - will his aide manage to finish him off? And what will become the major element of future seasons, the development of Shadow interference, especially in relationship to the Centauri and Narn, begins - how will it continue? The foreboding is certainly warranted...
Old December 20th 15, 03:59   #37
Lennier's Tears
Ambassador

I find I have surprisingly little to say about Chrysalis. It's a great season ender! This is Babylon 5 at its Babylon 5-iest. There's so much stuff going on, it's all very exciting. Imagine having to wait to see what happens next! (maybe you don't have to imagine if you can remember watching this on TV when it first aired )

I have a hard time remembering how things looked to me upon first viewing, but I seem to remember expecting the assassination plot to fail. It's still a bit shocking to me now, seeing Earth Force I explode.

Upon first viewing, I also didn't know this was the last we would ever see of Commander Sinclair. It still makes me kind of sad when I watch it now. I really do like his character.

"Nothing's the same anymore", indeed.

(Oh, and it's the episode my userpic is from!)
Old December 21st 15, 20:19   #38
Jan
Psi Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennier's Tears View Post
(Oh, and it's the episode my userpic is from!)
I'd wondered, thanks.

Jan
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd 15, 01:58   #39
Lennier's Tears
Ambassador

It's this scene of him sitting there, while you can hear some whimpering sounds coming from the direction of the chrysalis, in between Sinclair giving instructions to Garibaldi's second in Medlab, and G'Kar and Na'Toth talking to Ivanova on the train thing.

I THINK this is the only time in the whole series Lennier is shown crying (a single tear ) so I HAD to get my userpic from that one