B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.world

View Poll Results: Favorite recurring character: Season 2
A -- Excellent 33 78.57%
B -- Good 9 21.43%
C -- Average 0 0%
D -- Poor 0 0%
F -- Failure 0 0%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 16th 08, 19:22   #21
Telepath
Ranger

Re: EpDis: Signs And Portents

Quote:
which in my opinion was refering to the possible future in "War Without End 1", showing a Shadow fleet destroying B5
According to the original outline in vol.15 of the scriptbooks, the prophecy refers to Delenn and Sinclair leaving in a shuttle while the Minbari warrior caste attacks and destroys B5.
Telepath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th 08, 20:29   #22
Lousy_Dodgers
Commander

I like the episode for many reasons. In terms of the whole battle with the raiders, it was nice to see someone using some strategy for a change rather than just screaming "Fire phasers!"

The responses of G'Kar and Londo to Morden's question are great, though it would have been interesting if Delenn had answered the question too.

The elevator scene with G'Kar and Londo also merits a nod
Lousy_Dodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd 09, 23:29   #23
Alexa
Ambassador

I loved this ep. It has to be A for me. It was the ep that really blew me out of my seat. It was (for me) the best ep so far in the series, and an early display of what the show would accomplish. The dialogue, the plot, the teasers, all was superb. Even the humor...*kiss my pouch*
Old April 23rd 09, 23:33   #24
Alexa
Ambassador

I would love to have a copy of the Eye. Anyone know if one was produced? I don`t know how much merchandising was done for this show.
Old April 24th 09, 01:05   #25
Jan
Psi Cop

Having been on shows that were written around the merchandise, JMS very much avoided merchandising for quite a while. To the best of my knowledge, nothing like the Eye was ever produced. Patches, some pins...that was about it as far as reproducing props.

Jan
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th 10, 21:32   #26
Estelyn
Commander

This episode is pivotal to B5. It sets the stage for future developments like no other story in the first season. So many significant things happen, it's so well conceived and written and acted and directed.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is Delenn "playing" with those coloured glass pieces. Only much later do we find out the significance of that structure - an important arc detail that isn't even mentioned, only shown without comment. Well done - signs and portents indeed!
Old April 29th 11, 00:37   #27
JoeD80
Commander

It's interesting to listen to Londo & G'Kar's answers again after seeing the Movements of Fire and Shadow/2-parter in season five.
JoeD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th 11, 06:23   #28
Bab5nutz
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelyn View Post
This episode is pivotal to B5. It sets the stage for future developments like no other story in the first season. So many significant things happen, it's so well conceived and written and acted and directed.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is Delenn "playing" with those coloured glass pieces. Only much later do we find out the significance of that structure - an important arc detail that isn't even mentioned, only shown without comment. Well done - signs and portents indeed!
If I remember rightly, you see Delenn working with those as early as "Soul Hunter"
Bab5nutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th 12, 02:21   #29
Orion
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telepath View Post
Quote:
which in my opinion was refering to the possible future in "War Without End 1", showing a Shadow fleet destroying B5
According to the original outline in vol.15 of the scriptbooks, the prophecy refers to Delenn and Sinclair leaving in a shuttle while the Minbari warrior caste attacks and destroys B5.
Interesting. I never read this. What would the backstory have been for that to have occurred and at what point in the series? I always understood that it was from the shadows attacking like the previous poster wrote.
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th 12, 19:54   #30
vacantlook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telepath View Post
Quote:
Interesting. I never read this. What would the backstory have been for that to have occurred and at what point in the series? I always understood that it was from the shadows attacking like the previous poster wrote.
Babylon 5 would have been destroyed at the end of the series, but instead of being decomissioned as in the finished product it was going to be destroyed by the Minbari, who were being led by the Warrior Caste with the Grey Council having been overthrown. They were trying to stop the Minbari's big prophecy, which the Warrior Caste interpreted to mean the end of the Minbari race (whereas the Religious Caste interpreted it to be the renewal of their race). Part of that prophecy involved Delenn and Sinclair having had a child together. The Minbari would destroy the station in an effort to kill their child before he could grow up and bring about the believed destruction of the Minbari race. Sinclair, Delenn, and their child would escape the destruction of the station on a shuttle.

That then would have been the set up for a spinoff that would involve Sinclair going back in time, grabbing Babylon 4, bringing it forward in time to use in the war against the Shadows (in the original outline, the Shadows wouldn't have been defeated during the five years of Babylon 5) and Earth would defeat the Minbari.
vacantlook is offline   Reply With Quote