B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.world

Old July 31st 08, 14:49   #21
aajay
Ranger

Re: The Best Guest Characters in B5!

Also have to add Sarah Douglas as J'hadur - Deathwalker. Jane Carr as Timov in Soul Mates was also quite good.
aajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st 08, 14:53   #22
RW7427

I love Jane Carr as Timov! She does an excellent job IMO.
Old July 31st 08, 17:49   #23
GKarsEye
First One

Timov was great, no doubt, but the other two were equally great. That episode was pretty corny and could have easily been as cringe-inducingly corny as Ivanova's sex dance or the Zarg, but those actresses turned it into one of the show's rarely successful comedic stories.
"Most smart people cannot watch most TV, because it has generally been a condescending medium, explaining everything immediately, offering no ambiguities, and using dialogue that simplifies and mitigates against the idiosyncratic ways in which people in different worlds actually communicate. It eventually requires that characters from different places talk the same way as the viewer. This, of course, sucks." - David Simon
GKarsEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st 08, 18:07   #24
Jan
Psi Cop

Trivia note for folks not getting the script books. "Soul Mates" almost didn't get made when Peter David didn't come up with an outline that JMS could approve in two tries. Peter solved the problem but the story was actually spiked (killed). Against all advice, Peter wrote the script on spec and sent it to JMS under the pretense of it being a script for the comics and JMS bought it.

Jan
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th 08, 07:50   #25
Raw Shark
Commander

So I'm listening to the episode soundtrack for Walkabout right now, and my nomination is for Erika Gimpel as Caitlyn (the spelling changes from place to place) in Walkabout. Babylon 5 is very musical, and has so many references to music and its importance. Her acting was very good, her character was soothing. Her singing? Wow. Not generally my style of music, but wow. Hell of a singer.

GKarsEye, you have had me laughing out loud with two of your recent posts and I thank you. The world needs laughter.

Of course, if you go by the markets, the world also needs landmines. Just an observation.

Raw Shark

"Don't tickle, smash."
Heinz Guderian
Raw Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th 08, 14:00   #26
GKarsEye
First One

Quote:
So I'm listening to the episode soundtrack for Walkabout right now, and my nomination is for Erika Gimpel as Caitlyn (the spelling changes from place to place) in Walkabout. Babylon 5 is very musical, and has so many references to music and its importance. Her acting was very good, her character was soothing. Her singing? Wow. Not generally my style of music, but wow. Hell of a singer.
Be prepared to hold a minority opinion on that one. I remember her coming up in discussion before and people are not fans, and opinion I share.
Although, given my personal romantic and musical inclinations, one would think the idea of a sexy, wise but vulnerable R&B singer lifting the spirits of a tortured soul would play right into my fantasies and I would love the story. But the whole thing just felt clumsy and poorly executed to me, and a bit too corny.
"Most smart people cannot watch most TV, because it has generally been a condescending medium, explaining everything immediately, offering no ambiguities, and using dialogue that simplifies and mitigates against the idiosyncratic ways in which people in different worlds actually communicate. It eventually requires that characters from different places talk the same way as the viewer. This, of course, sucks." - David Simon
Old August 11th 08, 21:46   #27
Sinclair

Depending on the criteria for guest appearances, I would have to say that my favorites were either Neroon or Ta'Lon. If you're going for one shot appearances I'd have to go with Timov, General Franklin, or Elric.
Old August 12th 08, 08:39   #28
fisheggs
Techno-mage

With a strong love for Timov, and Murielle, No Love for Adira? One of the most influential small characters in the B5 universe.

"Humor is such a subjective thing."

"My momma didn't raise no fools: We raised ourselves!"
fisheggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th 08, 13:38   #29
GKarsEye
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheggs View Post
With a strong love for Timov, and Murielle, No Love for Adira? One of the most influential small characters in the B5 universe.
My penis votes for Adira.
Old August 12th 08, 13:48   #30
Recoil
First One

It salutes her even.