B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.world

Old July 23rd 08, 19:46   #11
G'Quon
Lurker

Re: The Best Guest Characters in B5!

Lord Kiro In "Signs & Portents" (S1). They made him one of the most fabulous coats i've ever seen. Black with much silver embroidery. Even his hair was a little different for Centauri in that the fan was straight up, not angled back. Sure the character was a little feeble, but oh well.
Old July 29th 08, 13:35   #12
aajay
Ranger

Damien London as "Minister". Perfect actor for a perfect role.
aajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th 08, 14:16   #13
Recoil
First One

I know I also speak for GKE on this (I think) but Emperor Cartagia. For sure.
Old July 29th 08, 19:55   #14
GKarsEye
First One

Does Cartagia count? He was on for half a dozen eps straight. But no doubt I'm a fan.

Screw it- Ben Zayn is my answer for best AND worst one-off character.

SinCLLLAAIRRRR!
"Most smart people cannot watch most TV, because it has generally been a condescending medium, explaining everything immediately, offering no ambiguities, and using dialogue that simplifies and mitigates against the idiosyncratic ways in which people in different worlds actually communicate. It eventually requires that characters from different places talk the same way as the viewer. This, of course, sucks." - David Simon
GKarsEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th 08, 02:38   #15
Recoil
First One

Dunno. Depends on what they meant when this thread was started. He WAS a guest Character. He was only in 5 episodes? Out of 110? But if this thread meant best guest characters who were only in ONE episode, then he doesn't count.
Old July 30th 08, 04:49   #16
GKarsEye
First One

Best Cartagia scene- casually washing bloody hands while politely chatting to Londo and Vir about making G'Kar scream.
That dude was like something out of a Takeshi Miike movie.
"Most smart people cannot watch most TV, because it has generally been a condescending medium, explaining everything immediately, offering no ambiguities, and using dialogue that simplifies and mitigates against the idiosyncratic ways in which people in different worlds actually communicate. It eventually requires that characters from different places talk the same way as the viewer. This, of course, sucks." - David Simon
GKarsEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th 08, 15:21   #17
ALeafOnTheWind
Ranger

I got a big grin out of June Lockhart in "Quality of Mercy". I still have no idea how they couldn't have her interact with Lennier in that episode though!
ALeafOnTheWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th 08, 19:19   #18
Galahad
First One

Send a message via MSN to Galahad Send a message via Yahoo to Galahad Send a message via Skype™ to Galahad

According to Mumy, they had planned a scene where the two of them pass in a corridor and there is a "half recognition moment". Unfortunately they never had chance to film it...or maybe they did and it got snipped.

"We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth."

Visit NiCK'S SANCTUARY
Galahad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th 08, 19:53   #19
Jan
Psi Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad View Post
According to Mumy, they had planned a scene where the two of them pass in a corridor and there is a "half recognition moment". Unfortunately they never had chance to film it...or maybe they did and it got snipped.
In the script book, JMS said that the scene where they pass in a hallway happened but it doesn't seem to have made it to the final episode.

Jan
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th 08, 23:48   #20
hypatia
First One

That's too bad. I know in terms of the plot and the B5 universe, it wasn't important (and some would undoubtedly say it was forced and silly), but such touches are really nice for sci-fi fans. I still remember the airplane trip exchange on "Third Rock from the Sun" between John Lithgow and William Shatner. For fans of the original "Twilight Zone", it was an incredibly funny and precious moment.