B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.world

Old July 24th 08, 18:29   #11
Truth_Seeker
Telepath

Re: So what ever happened to the following characters:

I've also wondered what happened to Sheridan's sister from "Revelations".Didn't Clark arrest her during the Civil War?

The fate of Garibaldi's aide who shot him in the back is also interesting.My guess is that Clark had him killed in order to erase any evidence of his involvement in the assassination of Santiago.

Too bad that the mafia boss N'Grath disappeared after the first season.He was cool.

My guess about Brother Theo is that he was a character, included in the show in order to have more colour and variety.He doesn't participate in the main story arc so at some piont JMS decided that it would be better for him to disappear.

Last edited by Truth_Seeker; July 24th 08 at 18:42.
Truth_Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th 08, 18:49   #12
ALeafOnTheWind
Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elipsis View Post
2. Lianna - Survivors
I thought it was obvious what happened to Lianna. When Earth Force 1 was blown up at the end of season one, I always figured she went with it. I always felt the ending scene of Survivors when Garibaldi and Lianna said their goodbyes foreshadowed this.
ALeafOnTheWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th 08, 19:05   #13
Galahad
First One

Send a message via MSN to Galahad Send a message via Yahoo to Galahad Send a message via Skype™ to Galahad

Except that her security team was sent ahead of Earth Force 1 to make sure the facility Santiago was visiting was clear of danger. I don't think her job entailed her being a round the President as much as going ahead of a presidential visit and coordinating with security teams at places the president was due to visit.

That said, she would have had a ringside seat of Earthforce 1 going kaboom!

"We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth."

Visit NiCK'S SANCTUARY
Galahad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th 08, 03:57   #14
KoshFan
Soul Hunter

I always had a bit of a suspicion that Lianna uncovered evidence of the attack, much as Garibaldi did... and was silenced, one way or another. Pity, she was cute when she had her hair down.

As to EarthForce ranks -- did we ever hear about any admirals? Hague was one of the Joint Chiefs, with his own Omega, and he was a general. So was the guy Sheridan talked to in "Point of No Return." I think maybe EarthForce was more an outgrowth of air forces than navies (makes sense, since the US Air Force has responsibility for a lot of space stuff), and those use generals. But then, the EA ranks never made any sense.

The Generous Grasp
KoshFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th 08, 11:47   #15
Cell
Telepath

They referred to a few different characters that were the rank of Admiral on a few occasions. I do believe there was at least one instance where a minor guest character was an Admiral.
"When you have reached the end of the road then you can decide whether to go to the left or the right, to fire or to water. If you make those decisions before you have even set foot upon the road it will take you nowhere." - Galen
Cell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th 08, 16:59   #16
Recoil
First One

It was mentioned in a later season (Season 5 I think) that Na'Grath was "off'd" by another crime lord, or something to that effect. So we can assume we stopped seeing him because he was dead.

Lianna everyone assumed survived Santiago's assassination (since she never traveled WITH him...rather ahead of him)....but would be interesting seeing where she ended up in the Civil War too.
Old July 29th 08, 20:50   #17
Admiral Beckham
Ranger

On two occasions the rank of Admiral was mentioned, one was when Colonel Ari ben Zayn said that the smart money would be on Sinclair making Admiral and the second was when Garibaldi said that Sinclair was way low on the list and it was assumed that some Ambassador, Beaurocrat or Admiral would be in command.

I can't recall an instance when an admiral was shown. The only instance that an Admiral could have been shown was when Sheridan was speaking with an Extremely high ranking officer in regards to the Night Watch and the officer told Sheridan to "Follow the Chain of command".

james
Admiral Beckham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th 08, 20:59   #18
KoshFan
Soul Hunter

That officer was also a general, at least according to the credits.

But like I said, EarthForce ranks were very confusing, and B5's command structure bears no resemblance to any parallel in present-day militaries. JMS was no military expert.

The Generous Grasp
KoshFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th 08, 22:28   #19
Galahad
First One

Send a message via MSN to Galahad Send a message via Yahoo to Galahad Send a message via Skype™ to Galahad

I'll dig out some of my B5 factfile books at some point and swot up.

I think I read somewhere that it follows the basic NATO command structure with a few international quirks. In the British military, Majors outrank Captains.

For example in the Napoleonic book/Tv drama series Sharpe, the main character rises from Captain to Major (and later ColoneI as well believe).

"We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth."

Visit NiCK'S SANCTUARY
Galahad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th 08, 00:46   #20
Ranger1
Telepath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad View Post
I'll dig out some of my B5 factfile books at some point and swot up.

I think I read somewhere that it follows the basic NATO command structure with a few international quirks. In the British military, Majors outrank Captains.

For example in the Napoleonic book/Tv drama series Sharpe, the main character rises from Captain to Major (and later ColoneI as well believe).
that happens everywhere anyway.

"when ejaculating, it is considered gentlemanly to avoid the eyes"

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die."
Ranger1 is offline   Reply With Quote