B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.world

View Poll Results: The Parliament Of Dreams
A -- Excellent 25 78.13%
B -- Good 5 15.63%
C -- Average 2 6.25%
D -- Poor 0 0%
F -- Failure 0 0%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 23rd 08, 03:38   #21
Cell
Telepath

Re: EpDis: And The Sky Full Of Stars

I accepted a long time ago that the B5 universe just happens to be the most coincidental universe ever in the history of all fictional universes. It's amazing how many big events in the B5 universe boil down to pure chance or coincidence.

The entire Delenn killing Sinclair thing to me has always been a paradox, hence why I asked the question about it. The Minbari called off the war because humans had Minbari souls and so they couldn't kill them. Now all of a sudden they're all like, "Kill the one dude that we know has a soul for certain, a soul derived from the line of Valen no less." It's one of those things that really doesn't make that much sense from a strategic or planning point of view.
"When you have reached the end of the road then you can decide whether to go to the left or the right, to fire or to water. If you make those decisions before you have even set foot upon the road it will take you nowhere." - Galen
Cell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd 08, 04:05   #22
Garovorkin
Telepath

I don't think He was connected to bureau 13 but the psicorps? Maybe, he could have been a member of rogue agency within the military, that to me seems more likely, its to bad they dispensed with him so soon, I too would have liked seeing him do a few more episodes.
Garovorkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd 08, 04:35   #23
Cell
Telepath

You mean the Knights? I have always been under the impression that they were members of the military, or at the very least a covert government op. I don't see them as being Psi Corps because their operation was too overt to be Psi Corps. I don't think they would be Bureau 13 because they appear to be tied to the Psi Corps.
"When you have reached the end of the road then you can decide whether to go to the left or the right, to fire or to water. If you make those decisions before you have even set foot upon the road it will take you nowhere." - Galen
Old June 23rd 08, 20:55   #24
Galahad
First One

Send a message via MSN to Galahad Send a message via Yahoo to Galahad Send a message via Skype™ to Galahad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garovorkin View Post
Interesting that Delene was under orders to Kill Sinclair if he ever regained his memories, boy that would have been a mistake now wouldn't it. Whats interesting is the fact that the Mimbari in effect tortured the man who was Valen reborn.A rather interesting bit of irony there I'd also interesting that Delene just happened to pick the right ship to tractor in.

I don't think that was irony at all... that is where the circle begins... and not with Valen. If Delenn had pointed to another ship, it would presumably be that pilot's story and not Sinclair's.

"We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth."

Visit NiCK'S SANCTUARY
Galahad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd 08, 22:50   #25
Truth_Seeker
Telepath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garovorkin View Post
Interesting that Delene was under orders to Kill Sinclair if he ever regained his memories, boy that would have been a mistake now wouldn't it. Whats interesting is the fact that the Mimbari in effect tortured the man who was Valen reborn.A rather interesting bit of irony there I'd also interesting that Delene just happened to pick the right ship to tractor in.
Yes, if Delenn had killed Valen this would change the future in a very dark way.Without him and B4 the Shadows would destroy B5 just like it was mentioned in Ivanova's distress signal from the future.After that they would win the war easily.Also there wouldn't be any Rangers, Castes, Grey Council or any of the known organizations in Minbari society.
Old June 24th 08, 10:00   #26
GaribaldisHair
First One

Go to agree with Galahad here ... this is not a coincidence at all, but causality. They didn't just happen to chose the ship containing the guy who was going to go back in time to become Valen, that guy went back in time to become Valen precisely because he was picked up at that point and went on to lead the life he led after the Battle of the Line.

Minbari grab Sinclair, and question/torture him
Minbari discover Sinclair has the soul of Valen
Minbari surrender and let Sinclair go but decide to keep an eye on him
Minbari select Sinclair to command B5
Minbari then select Sinclair to go to Minbar and become ambassador/Ranger 1
Sinclair goes back in time to become Valen

Presumably if the Minbari had selected Mitchell instead, then it would have been Mitchell who went back in time to become Valen and not Sinclair.

Cake or death?

Last edited by GaribaldisHair; June 24th 08 at 10:03.
GaribaldisHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th 08, 14:24   #27
hypatia
First One

That is an excellent explanation, GH. I think the point that was missed was that whoever was picked was slated to go back in time and become Valen. Of course, there is still room for individual choice, there was an alternate reality that peeked through from time to time showing what would happen if the circle did not complete itself. So about all they were lucky with was finding someone willing to be fate's 'arrow'.

Last edited by hypatia; June 24th 08 at 14:27.
hypatia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th 08, 17:00   #28
KoshFan
Soul Hunter

And even then, hyp, Sinclair was looking for that purpose long before he knew about it. Since most of us struggle with our purpose in life to some degree or another, most anyone could have fallen into that pattern of destiny. They were lucky to find someone as canny and open-minded as Sinclair, though. Most of the pilots out there would not have learned to "ignore the propaganda" and see the Minbari for who they were ten years after the war.

The Generous Grasp
KoshFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th 08, 22:02   #29
Cell
Telepath

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoshFan View Post
see the Minbari for who they were ten years after the war.
I don't know, I think most pilots would have been able to see the Minbari for the forlorn puppets of the Vorlons that they were.

Last edited by Cell; June 24th 08 at 22:24.
Old June 24th 08, 23:39   #30
Jade Jaguar
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cell View Post
I don't know, I think most pilots would have been able to see the Minbari for the forlorn puppets of the Vorlons that they were.
Benjamin Franklin 1775

"I know that the hypnotized never lie... Do ya?"
Pete Townshend 1971

FREE LEONARD PELTIER
Jade Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote