B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.personnel

Old May 11th 08, 16:06   #11
maneth
Ambassador

Re: Bruce Boxleitner to be in 'Heroes'

Oh good!

Female-only bias is as bad as the typically male bias of thinking that women don't like sci-fi, what's more that we shouldn't like sci-fi, and that if a woman dares to like sci-fi she's not feminine...
Old May 13th 08, 00:53   #12
Garovorkin
Telepath

I think the biggest mistake that the producers and writer made with Heroes is that the gave Hiro Nakamura unlimited time travel capability, which potentially could undermine the series as a whole. if he could travel in time like he did then he could have saved his father prevented a lot things from happening probably stopped Sylar before he even became a threat. Think about it. its a problem that the creator of the show have created for them selves.
Garovorkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th 08, 01:41   #13
vacantlook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garovorkin View Post
...if he could travel in time like he did then he could have saved his father....
I don't want to take this thread off topic (there are threads in the non-B5 tv forum that discuss Heroes), but I do want to point out that in season two, Hiro did go back in time to save his father. If I remember correctly, Hiro and his father eventually agree that Hiro has to let his father be killed.
vacantlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th 08, 01:50   #14
Garovorkin
Telepath

Sorry about that.
Old May 13th 08, 02:00   #15
Cell
Telepath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garovorkin View Post
I think the biggest mistake that the producers and writer made with Heroes is that the gave Hiro Nakamura unlimited time travel capability, which potentially could undermine the series as a whole. if he could travel in time like he did then he could have saved his father prevented a lot things from happening probably stopped Sylar before he even became a threat. Think about it. its a problem that the creator of the show have created for them selves.
The biggest mistake made in Heroes has been the shows continued existence. I respect the fact that a lot of people like it, but that show has been garbage from day one.
"When you have reached the end of the road then you can decide whether to go to the left or the right, to fire or to water. If you make those decisions before you have even set foot upon the road it will take you nowhere." - Galen
Cell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th 08, 02:04   #16
Garovorkin
Telepath

Cell and Vacantlook guys ,sorry should not have brought the issue up in this thread, lets not deflect it off topic I don't want create a problem. My comment was a blunder lets stay on topic.
Old May 13th 08, 02:07   #17
Cell
Telepath

Dude, it's a topic about Heroes, you're not that far off topic, so don't worry about it.
"When you have reached the end of the road then you can decide whether to go to the left or the right, to fire or to water. If you make those decisions before you have even set foot upon the road it will take you nowhere." - Galen
Cell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th 08, 02:19   #18
vacantlook

Yeah, going off-topic happens here. We're pretty lax about it, but will try to bring things back on-topic if a thread becomes contentious. We're nowhere near contentious here. I was the one wanting to go off-topic and was trying to be polite about my doing so. So, don't worry Garovorkin, you're fine.
Old May 13th 08, 12:29   #19
mattikake
Ranger

Great news that BB is still getting some pretty high profile work. I think he's a top actor and very consistent with it. Good on camera focus and off it. Very pleased!

I think some are being too harsh with Heroes. It's alright. Not in B5's league at all of course, but Heroes, for me, is about how it's written and how everything interacts like a draw-out Pulp Fiction and which IMO is does this particular interaction far better, far more interestingly and with far more mystery. That's what keeps me going. Probably never watch it on DVD as once the mystery is over, that's the end of the entertainment. I won't be watching it hundreds of times over, or looking forward to the day I retire to an old peoples home so I can watch over and over it until I die, like I will with B5...
Complexity is only simplicity multiplied. You can understand anything you choose. All you have to do is try. This singular thing is what sets apart the greatest minds, the idealists and the visionaries that have shaped the world you live in, from the endless hordes of mundanes who stopped trying from a very early age...
mattikake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th 08, 17:46   #20
vacantlook

Same here. I bought the first season of Heroes on DVD, but I regret it. I just haven't cared to watch through it again. I like it the first time through, but I'm just not that interested in repeat viewings.