B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old September 9th 07, 01:20   #41
RW7427

Re: Marcus???

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnlaShokGrey View Post
I'm sure Jason would be thrilled to get the chance to do an episode of TLT, since he isn't do much acting these days. But why do you think it would be odd without Claudia? Marcus was a legitimate character in his own right, distinct from storylines that intersected with Ivanova. How about seeing him during his Ranger training days? That would even give Michael O'Hare a chance to come back, too. And, no Ivanova necessary (or possible, in fact).

Amy

Well said, Amy. Marcus doesn't need Ivanova to be cool. I agree that he's a great character in his own right, and that it would be interesting to see a little more of what he's like.
Old September 10th 07, 02:57   #42
Chilli
High Treason Prevention Officer

Send a message via ICQ to Chilli Send a message via MSN to Chilli

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypatia View Post
I think it's mostly the men who have such a huge problem with the character Byron.
That does NOT line up with my personal experiences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypatia View Post
I think the sad truth is that most of us just can't relate to someone making such a major change that he'd risk his own life to try to find a better option for his people. Of course he was out to help his people, and his people only. What do you expect?
He is the kind of guy, though, that will end up hurting a cause he pledges himself to, through his irrational zeal.

Byron was angry. He had every right to be angry. He had every right to live out his anger. But he was so blinded by his anger, he couldn't figure out WHERE to direct it.

So what do we get? Him giving atittude to alien worlds, the Interstellar Alliance, and Sheridan. The Interstellar Aliance, which had recently forced Earth to grant Mars independence, and had given every indication to be willing to force ethics down its members throats when need be. Sheridan, who had just weeks earlier personally taken out a dictatorship largely ruled by Byron's mortal enemy. Who had given him the chance to establish a colony. Alien races who ALL deal with telepaths in vastly better ways than Earth does.

Valuable potential allies for his cause. So what does he do? Reason with them? Try to get them over to their side? No, as he's too busy being a whiny little bitch, boo hoo. And he's also angry. ANGRY ANGRY ANGRY ANGRY. Like a child that was abused that grows up to see the whole world responsible for its pain, when its pain was caused quite specifically by a single person.

It's understandable behaviour, really, as abuse does not leave people rational. But when someone like this becomes a representative of any sort for a group of people, it's bad, bad news.

Oh, and while alienating vast numbers of people - on screen, and in front of TV sets - goes around pretending to be all about "love" - which he obviously is NOT. Which makes him, aside from a whiny little bitch that is counterproductive to his cause, a bloody hypocrite.

I don't see what ANY of this has to do with my gender
Chilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th 07, 12:42   #43
Crusader
Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW7427 View Post
Well said, Amy. Marcus doesn't need Ivanova to be cool. I agree that he's a great character in his own right, and that it would be interesting to see a little more of what he's like.
It wasnt that he needed her to be cool. I agree there could be some very good stories with his adevntures inside the Anla'Shok. However the point i was making is that i would consider it slightly strange where marcus to re-emmerge in the B5 universe, with no ivanova given that he "gave up his life" to save her. If she wasnt in it with Marcus, which given Cakudia's outward hostility towards JMS seems likely, then atleast a mention of ivanova would be needed IMO.
This is my command. I'll do whatever's necessary. If that means turning the entire galaxy upside down and shaking its pockets to see what falls out, then that's what I'll do. I'm not subtle. I'm not pretty, and I'll piss off a lot of people along the way. But I'll get the job done.

- Captain Matthew Gideon
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th 07, 14:49   #44
RW7427

Well, it could be that Ivanova was so married to her career that being with a man wasn't really on her mind. Since she left B5 to be captain of one of those Warlock class cruisers it could be that her "one year shakedown cruise" as that ISN reporter called it turned into a more permanent job.

Besides if we see a TLT type story with Marcus in it, if it takes place after B5 chronicologically, someone would have had to find a way to bring him back from the dead.
Old September 10th 07, 15:08   #45
Jan
Psi Cop

Quote:
Besides if we see a TLT type story with Marcus in it, if it takes place after B5 chronicologically, someone would have had to find a way to bring him back from the dead.
No, that story was already written by JMS. It'd have to be before he died for Ivanova.

Jan
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th 07, 16:56   #46
A_M_Swallow
First One

Or locate the story on Marcus and Ivanova's desert island err uninhabited planet.
Old September 10th 07, 23:19   #47
AnlaShokGrey
Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
It wasnt that he needed her to be cool. I agree there could be some very good stories with his adevntures inside the Anla'Shok. However the point i was making is that i would consider it slightly strange where marcus to re-emmerge in the B5 universe, with no ivanova given that he "gave up his life" to save her. If she wasnt in it with Marcus, which given Cakudia's outward hostility towards JMS seems likely, then atleast a mention of ivanova would be needed IMO.
But...but...

But if Marcus were in a Lost Tale, it would be something that happened before his death. So he wouldn't actually have given up his life for Ivanova. Yet.

I guess my point was that so many people out there in B5 fandom see them as a unit: Marcus/Ivanova, the romantic icon, an excuse for fanfic. To me, that 'romance' (if you can call it that) was a very minor part of their story.

Amy
AnlaShokGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th 07, 05:04   #48
RW7427

Maybe they could do a story of how Marcus joined the Rangers and of the Shadow attack that killed his brother.
Old September 11th 07, 12:03   #49
KoshN

Quote:
Maybe they could do a story of how Marcus joined the Rangers and of the Shadow attack that killed his brother.
That'd be my choice.
Max Eilerson: "The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years. Probably contains hundreds of patents that I could exploit and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit."
KoshN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th 07, 13:23   #50
Sindatur
Techno-mage

I'd actually like to see Valen finding Sakai

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote