B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old August 31st 07, 16:19   #11
raw_bean
Commander

Re: Marcus???

If you're not Byron fans you should rather like how it was originally planned than how it ended up panning out. If the Civil War arc had carried over into season 5, the Byron-Ivanova relationship (instead of Byron-Lyta) and Tradgedy of Telepaths storyline would have been over in a scant few episodes, rather than half a series of long-haired weirdos singing about how we'll all come together in a better place.
raw_bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st 07, 16:27   #12
vacantlook

I'm not sure I've ever heard that Ivanova's telepathic ability was going to grow, but I wouldn't be surprised. If the relationship part of what we got between Lyta and Byron was originally going to have been between Ivanova and Byron, I imagine the telepaths learning that they were the products of Vorlon creations for use as weapons against the Shadows would have come out while Ivanova and Byron went at it, so maybe Ivanova's latent powers came out more strongly then?
vacantlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st 07, 16:31   #13
vacantlook

Quote:
Originally Posted by raw_bean View Post
...If the Civil War arc had carried over into season 5, the Byron-Ivanova relationship (instead of Byron-Lyta) and Tradgedy of Telepaths storyline would have been over in a scant few episodes....
It's my understanding that the telepath colony would have been established toward the end of season four, had jms not bumped it in order to get in the end of the Earth Civil War arc. So, I'm not sure the overall amount of time the telepaths would have been around would have been all that less, it just wouldn't have felt all clumped together the way it does now.
vacantlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st 07, 20:19   #14
Boxie
Telepath

Send a message via MSN to Boxie Send a message via Yahoo to Boxie

Quote:
Originally Posted by maneth View Post
Still, it would've been interesting to see Ivanova continue on the show.
I agree! Absofragginlutely!
Old September 3rd 07, 11:42   #15
raw_bean
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacantlook View Post
It's my understanding that the telepath colony would have been established toward the end of season four, had jms not bumped it in order to get in the end of the Earth Civil War arc. So, I'm not sure the overall amount of time the telepaths would have been around would have been all that less, it just wouldn't have felt all clumped together the way it does now.
You're right about introducing the telepaths earlier, but I'm pretty sure in the script books JMS said their story would've been briefer, and Byron's in particular (the Byron-Ivanova relationship only encompassing an episode or so).
raw_bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd 07, 12:24   #16
Crusader
Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by raw_bean View Post
You're right about introducing the telepaths earlier, but I'm pretty sure in the script books JMS said their story would've been briefer, and Byron's in particular (the Byron-Ivanova relationship only encompassing an episode or so).
Well its a shame that isnt the way it went down. While overall i probably preferr Season 5 out of all the rest that 12 or so episode arc and especially the character of Byron really annoyed me. Especially the singing lol
This is my command. I'll do whatever's necessary. If that means turning the entire galaxy upside down and shaking its pockets to see what falls out, then that's what I'll do. I'm not subtle. I'm not pretty, and I'll piss off a lot of people along the way. But I'll get the job done.

- Captain Matthew Gideon
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd 07, 17:19   #17
Ranger1
Telepath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
Well its a shame that isnt the way it went down. While overall i probably preferr Season 5 out of all the rest that 12 or so episode arc and especially the character of Byron really annoyed me. Especially the singing lol
my god how can you not be a season 3 whore?

besides byrons character was probably the worst written character in the entire show.

"when ejaculating, it is considered gentlemanly to avoid the eyes"

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die."
Ranger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd 07, 17:40   #18
Crusader
Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger1 View Post
my god how can you not be a season 3 whore?
Season 3 Comes Close lol, Especially given the entrance of Marcus. But i preferred the Presidential Storylines was all. If I had to rank the series and movies of the B5 univers it would go
  1. Babylon 5: A Call to Arms
  2. Crusade
  3. The Legend of The Rangers
  4. B5 TLT: Voices In The Dark
  5. Babylon 5 Season 5
  6. Babylon 5 Season 1 (because of Sinclair)
  7. Babylon 5 Season 3 (because of Marcus and the fights)
  8. Babylon 5 Season 4
  9. Babylon 5: The River of Souls
  10. Babylon 5 Season 2
  11. Babylon 5: The Gathering
  12. Babylon 5: In The Beginning
  13. Babylon 5: Thirdspace (worst of the bunch, bt is B5 so still gd lol)
Im sure many would disagree, well lets see.
This is my command. I'll do whatever's necessary. If that means turning the entire galaxy upside down and shaking its pockets to see what falls out, then that's what I'll do. I'm not subtle. I'm not pretty, and I'll piss off a lot of people along the way. But I'll get the job done.

- Captain Matthew Gideon

Last edited by Crusader; September 3rd 07 at 20:13.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd 07, 18:41   #19
Lousy_Dodgers
Commander

This leads me to wonder whether Byron would have been less annoying if he had only been in a few episodes. Secondly, how would his lines have changed if he had been talking to Ivonova rather than Lyta? I really cannot imagine Ivonova putting up with any "willow tree" crap.
Lousy_Dodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th 07, 03:09   #20
KoshN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxie View Post
Susan and Byron??? Eeeewwwww!

Sorry, not a huge Byron fan... but Susan rocks! As for Marcus, I LOVED him! What a great character!
Byron and ANY of the B5 women I like..... "Eeeewwwww!" Talk about Ivanova trading down!
Max Eilerson: "The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years. Probably contains hundreds of patents that I could exploit and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit."
KoshN is offline   Reply With Quote