B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old August 30th 07, 20:08   #1
Crusader
Ranger

Marcus???

He was without a doubt one of my favourite characters. his line in that first episode of Season 3 made me laugh so much:

Lurker: I Dont Like Insults

Marcus: Thats funny with a face like yours i would have thought youd be used to it

What happened, was him being "killed" off (and i used the term killed loosely) a planned plot line or did the actor want out??? And hed better be in some future editon of TLT. He was great lol
This is my command. I'll do whatever's necessary. If that means turning the entire galaxy upside down and shaking its pockets to see what falls out, then that's what I'll do. I'm not subtle. I'm not pretty, and I'll piss off a lot of people along the way. But I'll get the job done.

- Captain Matthew Gideon
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th 07, 20:13   #2
Jan
Psi Cop

Re: Marcus???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
What happened, was him being "killed" off (and i used the term killed loosely) a planned plot line or did the actor want out???
JMS needed Ivanova to get to a certain place emotionally and this was how he did it. He's said on the DVD commentaries that had he known ahead of time that Claudia was leaving, he'd never have killed off Marcus.

Jan
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th 07, 20:21   #3
Elenopa
First One

I certainly hope will be in TLT at some point.

Before that, if you want my take on the Marcus story, there is my fanfiction at http://www.fanfiction.net/~hilaryweston

You can get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you can with just a kind word - Marcus Cole

Always grab a chance and you won't be sorry for a might have been - Commander Ted Walker RN

T-shirts and gifts for Scout and Guide leaders
Official Babylon 5 quote gear from JMS
Elenopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th 07, 20:51   #4
Shabaz
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
And hed better be in some future editon of TLT. He was great lol
No word about that. But JMS has mentioned that the TLT format is flexible enough to allow hopping in the timeline, and maybe do things like a Marcus or Sinclair story, which wouldn't be possible without that flexibility. So there's hope, I suppose.
Shabaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th 07, 21:58   #5
Crusader
Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabaz View Post
No word about that. But JMS has mentioned that the TLT format is flexible enough to allow hopping in the timeline, and maybe do things like a Marcus or Sinclair story, which wouldn't be possible without that flexibility. So there's hope, I suppose.

Good Sinclair id like to see again aswell, bt the sarchasm of marcus made season 3 and 4 all the more enjoyable
This is my command. I'll do whatever's necessary. If that means turning the entire galaxy upside down and shaking its pockets to see what falls out, then that's what I'll do. I'm not subtle. I'm not pretty, and I'll piss off a lot of people along the way. But I'll get the job done.

- Captain Matthew Gideon
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st 07, 06:12   #6
maneth
Ambassador

Yeah, I liked Marcus. Even though Claudia Christian is one of my favorite actresses and Ivanova my favorite character on B5, I don't think it was fair to sacrifice Marcus for her sake, especially since she left the show.
Old August 31st 07, 06:34   #7
vacantlook

Quote:
Originally Posted by maneth View Post
Yeah, I liked Marcus. Even though Claudia Christian is one of my favorite actresses and Ivanova my favorite character on B5, I don't think it was fair to sacrifice Marcus for her sake, especially since she left the show.
Marcus's sacrifice was written and filmed before Claudia chose to leave the show; jms has said that had he known when he wrote it that Claudia would eventually choose to leave, he wouldn't have killed Marcus. Marcus's sacrifice was a set up for what would become a relationship between Ivanova and Byron in season five; Ivanova would be afraid of *not acting* on her feelings toward Byron out of regret for having not acted on her feelings toward Marcus. And in that would have been the biggest element of the drama of the whole telepath colony arc, if you ask me -- that and Ivanova having to call in Bester to deal with the rogue telepaths.
vacantlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st 07, 15:01   #8
Sindatur
Techno-mage

Was Ivanov's telepathy supposed to grow a little bit during her relationship with Byron? I mean I realize she would never have gotten beyond a P1 or P2, but, I once heard she was supposed to grow a bit, which would increase the drama with having to call in Bester? Anyone ever heard anything about that?

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st 07, 15:37   #9
Boxie
Telepath

Send a message via MSN to Boxie Send a message via Yahoo to Boxie

Susan and Byron??? Eeeewwwww!

Sorry, not a huge Byron fan... but Susan rocks! As for Marcus, I LOVED him! What a great character!
Old August 31st 07, 16:08   #10
maneth
Ambassador

Yeah, I'm not a great Byron fan either so I quite like how that panned out. Still, it would've been interesting to see Ivanova continue on the show.